Author Topic: (noobishness within)  (Read 1606 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
(noobishness within)
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
How do I include a picture from my computer into my post? Can someone guide me through the steps? I am using windows 7 on an Acer laptop(IDK which model)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Mylo

Re: (noobishness within)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:54:58 pm »
You can't directly upload things to Furtopia.  You have to upload them to an alternate image hosting site and then link to them in your posts.  Here is how to do it.

1)  Make an account on an image hosting site such as Photobucket or DeviantArt (FurAffinity will NOT work for this)
2)  Upload your image to that site
3)  Once you are able to view the image on the site, right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location"
4)  Paste it between two img tags on Furtopia.  You can type them in like the below code, or press the button above the smiley emoticon (this button -> ) and then paste in your image link.

Code: [Select]
[img]http://yourwebsite.com/.../your-pic.jpg[/img]
That's it!  :)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: (noobishness within)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:45 pm »
thank you, that really cleared things up for me. And finally persuaded me to get a DA.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.