Author Topic: Nvidia Titan  (Read 1806 times)

Offline GingeGinge

• Species: Ginger Tabby
  • Spreading Love & Affection since 2012
  • Male
    • I Haz a Youtubez!!
Nvidia Titan
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:47 am »
most powerful single core GPU?

sounds interesting me thinks
furry code :
FFDf3arw A- C- D+++ H++ M- P R- T W Z+ Sm++ RLCT* a- cadln+++ d++ e+ f+ h* iw+++ j p- sm+

http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ to decode for you :)

Offline WhiteStorm

Re: Nvidia Titan
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:05:00 am »
The absolute highest of the high end cards are sort of a curious thing to me. On one hand they sort of suggest what might be around in the next few years, but on the other hand, I don't play on enough screens or with a high enough refresh rate to ever need one.

That, and everything would still be CPU-bound anyway.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:41:13 pm »
Single TITAN vs GTX 690 the TITAN will not win. But since you can SLI upto 4 TITAN it will blow away 2 GTX 690's. Just have to find all that money XD
Either way I want one. Not because of the power. But just because it's awesome to say you GPU is a TITAN. Been watching it's pre-order prince since the announcement. Gone up about 8.5% so far in a day. That's horrid x_x Must be selling well.

In essence it's designed to just show off. Not to be cost effective.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:45:53 pm by Weisseman »
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »
There was some guy who got 7 680's working a while ago (I think it was a GPGPU thing, though. AFAIK you can still only use 4 GPUs for gaming, and a lot of people seem to find going over 3 makes things worse) but apparently - and this being the source of the thread, iirc - the 8th just refused to happen. Likewise it seems when I read reviews of this thing, people are excited about using it for everything but gaming. Though since it was outperformed by both the 690 and one of the AMD cards it was compared to (guessing also their latest dual-GPU card, but it's hard enough for me to remember what nVIDIA is up to and they've only got 3 numbers per name) I'm not terribly surprised.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »
The 7 GPU computer was a "supercomputer" that was designed to crack passwords. And it did it with incredible speed against some well respected encryption.

Seen some benchmarks of the TITAN in SLI. Have to say I was disappointed. I was expecting more from 2. 3 way SLI should turn up eventually so we'll see what that is like.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*