Author Topic: Laptop overheating  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
Laptop overheating
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:38:19 am »
 hi there. I was wondering if anyone could help, I have a 4 yr old hp laptop and when playing high graphics games with a fan underneath its still overheating and shutting down every now and then.   :o This is really annoying me and wondering if anyone else has the same problem or advice to share  :)

Offline Natura Wolf

Re: Laptop overheating
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:40:38 am »
Laptop.  Hmm, how dusty is it?  Dust when accumunlating within the machine can cause it to overhead.  Also make sure the laptop is on an airy surface.

Finally if none work keep it away from heated envrionments

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:47:42 am »
Laptop.  Hmm, how dusty is it?  Dust when accumunlating within the machine can cause it to overhead.  Also make sure the laptop is on an airy surface.

Finally if none work keep it away from heated envrionments

Guessing the heatsinks clogged with dusty rubbish  :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:35:59 pm by Huskywolf »

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »
All the laptops I've had to repair that suffered from overheating were full of dust. Cleaning out the CPU fan and heatsink always fixed the issue. Get some compressed air and give it a try.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »
All the laptops I've had to repair that suffered from overheating were full of dust. Cleaning out the CPU fan and heatsink always fixed the issue. Get some compressed air and give it a try.

Ok thank you, I will completely disassemble it and blowout with compressor or vacuum cleaner :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:39:48 pm by Huskywolf »

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »
Just had the entire thing apart and heatsink was completely clogged full of dusty rubbish, I held it up and could not even see through it!!  :o Just used a vacuum on blow and brush to get it all out and now it's running much much cooler!!  8)  thanks!  Still planning on building a pawsome gaming PC though...

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »
Good to hear it appears to have worked. It does take awhile to build up depending on where it's being used so blow out the dust every so often to prevent it building up.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*