Author Topic: Network and sharing center will not load.  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Network and sharing center will not load.
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:15 am »
I am running windows 7 64 bit as an administrator and i want to open network and sharing center but whenever i click it, the window opens but everything in it stays blank and all i get is the loading symbol. I can only get on a few of the sections like view connections, if i search for them in control panel.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:27:21 am by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Natura Wolf

Re: Network and sharing center will not load.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:36:14 am »
I'm assuming the machine is not to old and is not running a ridiculous amount of processes?

Is there something connected that may hinder.
By the sounds of it it's either crashed or it's looking for something.  Like you know when you have a memory stick or IPOD connected before you start the machine it actually ridiculously slows the machine down.

Thats the best I can give you at the moment without more infromation.
Have you tried googling?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:32 am »
I'm assuming the machine is not to old and is not running a ridiculous amount of processes?

Is there something connected that may hinder.
By the sounds of it it's either crashed or it's looking for something.  Like you know when you have a memory stick or IPOD connected before you start the machine it actually ridiculously slows the machine down.

Thats the best I can give you at the moment without more infromation.
Have you tried googling?
I had nothing connected when i tried, plus it did it yesterday, that's when it started.

And Google... Google seems to despise help questions that aren't about vista.
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:06:29 am »
Anything changed since when you were able to and when you were unable to?
(oh god i fel like i'm back at my job XD)
What are you trying to do?
Did it ever work?
What do hope to happen?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:08 am »
Nothing changed as far as i can tell.

it used to worked

I am trying t open the network and sharing centre screen

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57:54 am »
Does restarting the machine work?
Turn it off and unplug for a minute then retry :)

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »
And Google... Google seems to despise help questions that aren't about vista.[/color]

If you aren't already doing this, it frequently helps to do web searches both with and without the OS version (in this case, "windows 7") in your search terms.  Searching with the OS version allows you to find issues that are specific to your OS version, and searching without the OS version will allow you to find answers if the issue applies to multiple related OSes (for example, sometimes the solutions to problems that work in Windows Vista solutions also work on Windows 7 because the OSes are so similar).

Does restarting the machine work?
Turn it off and unplug for a minute then retry :)

I second this.  This frequently fixes (though sometimes only temporarily) a wide variety of strange, almost impossible to diagnose bugs.  If you're still having trouble after this, also try opening up Task Manager and checking your resource usage.  If your RAM/CPU usage is high even after a reboot, try closing some unneeded programs/processes through Task Manager (for a more long term solution, you'll need to disable the execution of some unneeded programs at startup).

Also, make sure that you're actually performing a restart/reboot rather than a hibernate, especially if you're using a laptop.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »
If it only occurs in the networking and sharing centre it could well be network related assuming everything else works as normal. As people have mentioned try a restart and see what happens.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »
Late to the party.  But newer windows tries to figure what network it is plugged into/wireless (home, work, public, etc).  Depending on where it THINKS it may be it can block network discovery.  Another test if it is not location is to map a network share you can try is under map network drive:  //{host computer IP}/{share name}  Example: //192.168.1.90/folder-x   

Some windows computers networks are set up they must have a account (user/password) of any remote machines.  You can go to users in control panel and set up a username/password that matches a remote host. 

Just some ideas.
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot