Author Topic: making a game  (Read 3751 times)

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
making a game
« on: June 27, 2016, 11:19:49 am »
Jakoo and I were thinking of making a video game!!
We are looking for people who would like to help make the game.
If you want to help, pm either me or Jakoo. We were thinking of making it an RPG.

Also, if you have any suggestions on theme, unique elements, what you think would be good in a game, or anything else, you can post ideas for us here.  :D
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: making a game
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:34:17 pm »
If you want to help, pm either me or Jakoo. We were thinking of making it an RPG.

Also, if you have any suggestions on theme, unique elements, what you think would be good in a game, or anything else, you can post ideas for us here.  :D

Could you tell us anything about the game?

Game elements?
Plot?
Characters?
Engine?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:57 pm »
i could give a few ideas (iv been thinking about getting into indie game development as a career but iv got completely no idea where to start when it comes to the actual programing/modeling) rpg has never really been a game idea that iv had but there are some thing that would make pretty good features that i could suggest (depending on the theme/other stuff of the game)

if you do decide to actually go through with that i'd love it if you could give me any links/information regarding how to do the actual programing stuff. 

my first suggestion would be to use unreal engine/unity 3d. from what iv seen they seem the most promising (unreal is a large C++ engine so it would have pretty good performance and Unity 3d which seems to be used for smaller games and is simpler) both engines have a large community from what iv heard meany tutorials, people who can help with the actual technical stuff, etc

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »
i could give a few ideas (iv been thinking about getting into indie game development as a career but iv got completely no idea where to start when it comes to the actual programing/modeling) rpg has never really been a game idea that iv had but there are some thing that would make pretty good features that i could suggest (depending on the theme/other stuff of the game)

if you do decide to actually go through with that i'd love it if you could give me any links/information regarding how to do the actual programing stuff. 

thank you very much! if you have any ideas you can pm me. also, if you would like to help, there are other ways other than just programming and you can pm me that also if you want

Could you tell us anything about the game?

Game elements?
Plot?
Characters?
Engine?

TBD
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:30:24 pm »
Do either of you know much about game design, game programming, art and animation, sound design, music, or other skills that go into making a video game?

I don't mean to sound discouraging. If you want to do it, go for it. But realize that it's potentially a very huge task.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:36:25 am »
Do either of you know much about game design, game programming, art and animation, sound design, music, or other skills that go into making a video game?

I don't mean to sound discouraging. If you want to do it, go for it. But realize that it's potentially a very huge task.

i can confirm this. iv spent the time researching the stuff (unsure of programming though/only have some experience in 3d design no animation). had to change my game ideas to things far simpler but that doesnt mean anything if i dont know how to do any of that stuff in the first place.

Offline Jakoo

• Species: European Otter
  • Otters Gonna Ott
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 05:31:57 am »
Basically what we're trying to do now is gather a team that would support each other, cover each others' weaknesses and generally push the project forward, since the biggest problem I had with game development is procrastination and lack of motivation caused by me doing the project alone. I've noticed that some of Furtopia's residents enjoy game development but can't really start on their own. If any of you want to join us, please let us know. I'm coming back from vacation in a week and then we can discuss what everybody's best at and what type of game we're going to make.
And here, have a cookie for reading my long post  :)
*tosses you a cookie*
Why can't I hold all these colors?! Oh wait I can ^^
I have Telegram! @Jakoo_Ruddertail

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:36:07 am »
im looking more into independent/solo game development, though if i do think of anything useful we could just share information. (im really not that good at team projects, usually end up wanting to do everything on my own)

still i dont think i would be that helpful due to still not having much of an idea about what im doing  (besides possible gameplay suggestions) though if you have any information to help me start out it would be greatly appreciated, and maybe i could share somethings i learn later on if i figure out anything useful.