Author Topic: Just curious.. Why all the rage?  (Read 8899 times)

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
Re: Just curious.. Why all the rage?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »
*raises eyebrows curiously* Discord, eh? I know that I *FREAKING* loved the Changling Queen, she was totally up my alley. Too bad she was defeated so easily, I hope she comes back for revenge. The entire concept of a Changling was pretty awesome too. Perhaps my favorite fave so far would be Nightmare Moon.. I'm a dark kinda person, can't really help it! Still, Fluttershy is so adorable!!!!!!!! Carrying her little bunny everywhere and whatnot!!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:52 pm »
Changelings are hardly a new mythological creature :o..

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 08:03:47 pm »
*smiles* bwahaha yal have converted me!!!

I hope you didn't have anything planned for the next few days.  You're probably going to end up binging MLP episodes for a while...

Just wait until you take in Fluttershy. You *WILL* love her. She will order it and you will obey. At least I did.  :-[

Maybe her words have power over us furries because we're animals at heart.

(*pseudo-edit: ...*3* replies between starting and ending this post???  This thread is *really* lively!*)
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06:45 pm »
Hahaha I'm actally kinda on a vacation with very little to do, so yeah, I think I'm swamping myself with pony awesomeness. I didn't realize that Changlings were an actual mythological creature, but I'm gonna look them up sometime. Still, they looked sooo awesome, all rotted and twisted and green!! XD And you have a point there, Redyoshi!!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:33:26 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/jeongmee-yoon_n_1432203.html

Thanks.  Those pictures are kind of terrifying.  I'm pretty sure my daughter's stuff wouldn't look like that.  She does love pink ruffly dresses, but I make a point of mixing in things like Spiderman boots (it's shockingly hard to find completely unbranded boots for small kids) and dinosaur or rocket ship stuff whenever possible.

It is really nice that the characters on My Little Pony offer such a range of different personalities and styles for the viewer to identify with.  I mean, sure, there's Pinkie Pie -- pink and parties incarnate -- but, even though my daughter was originally drawn to that veneer of pinkness, she's moved on to identify with Twilight Sparkle.  I think that's largely because Twilight's the main character, but it's also because my daughter really, really loves books.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 09:34:58 pm »
Changelings are hardly a new mythological creature :o..

Actually, my first thought when the imposter was revealed to be a changeling was "Ooh, like DS9."

(DS9 = Star Trek:  Deep Space Nine, in case that wasn't obvious.)
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »
Hahaha I'm actally kinda on a vacation with very little to do, so yeah, I think I'm swamping myself with pony awesomeness. I didn't realize that Changlings were an actual mythological creature, but I'm gonna look them up sometime. Still, they looked sooo awesome, all rotted and twisted and green!! XD And you have a point there, Redyoshi!!

Well, it'll definitely keep you busy. All 52 episodes together amount to a tad over 19 hours of pony to watch. And then there's oodles of fan content on Youtube. If music is your thing (particularly remixes and various electronic music types), there's a lot of it out there as well. Wooden Toaster and Odyssey (a.k.a Eurobeat Brony) are a couple of my favorites.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/jeongmee-yoon_n_1432203.html

Thanks.  Those pictures are kind of terrifying.  I'm pretty sure my daughter's stuff wouldn't look like that.  She does love pink ruffly dresses, but I make a point of mixing in things like Spiderman boots (it's shockingly hard to find completely unbranded boots for small kids) and dinosaur or rocket ship stuff whenever possible.

It is really nice that the characters on My Little Pony offer such a range of different personalities and styles for the viewer to identify with.  I mean, sure, there's Pinkie Pie -- pink and parties incarnate -- but, even though my daughter was originally drawn to that veneer of pinkness, she's moved on to identify with Twilight Sparkle.  I think that's largely because Twilight's the main character, but it's also because my daughter really, really loves books.

It's a lot to think about, and I think its really cool that you look out for things like that. Keep encouraging her to read, I read thousand page books for fun and it does SOOOO much good for me. The world of literature is unfathomable, and I feel sorry for people who aren't very literate who miss out on all the experiences.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time "binging" (as you put it so well) on ponies now!! I'll be sure to check those pony beats out, I'm into dub and electronica, so I'm sure I'll find something I like!!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »
*wipes forehead* whoo... so much pony amazingness... I'm on episode 17 of the first season still..

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
AAaannd I believe that Dj Pon3 (AKA Vinyl Scratch) is my ultimate favorite. She's so brutal!!! i've been jamming to her official youtube channel for two days now. She's my profile pic on facebook too XD I think that if I were to make a pony fursona, she'd be Vinyl's death metal sister or something

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »
*sits in rocking chair with cane* I remember back when MLP used to be earth ponies...and a quarter bought you 200 pieces of candy

Offline Nyeti

• the "frigglebiscuit" approves!
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:29 am »
um,i think im starting to like this too :o

i really have a crazy thing for orange juice...and apples o.o

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 03:24:47 am »
um,i think im starting to like this too :o

I hope you didn't have anything planned for the next few days.  You're probably going to end up binging MLP episodes for a while...

Just wait until you get to season 2's finale.  And if you haven't done so already, search for "Smile Smile Smile" on Youtube (or just click here).  That song is *very* far up on my favorite MLP song list.  It *will* make you beam by the song's end.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Nyeti

• Male
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31:46 am »
yea,i watched a few episodes from season one with my friend,and im addicted now....i never thought i would say this........i am a brony now

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 04:15:43 am »
isnt it awesome? :D
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Nyeti

• Male
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 02:50:40 pm »
lol it is :D
i feel like a kid in a candy store!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:26 am »
bwahaha I've infected my boyfriend too, and he fought kicking and screaming to the end!! Now he's got his own ponysona, is practically in love with Pinkie Pie, and watches episodes with me all the time for kicks and grins.

Offline Nyeti

• Male
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »
i dont know how,but ive seen so many people say "i aint watchin that girly show" and then end up liking it :o.....its that awesome!
and i has my ponysona now  :)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:23 am »
As hipster as this sounds, I did like it before it was cool ;). A friend of mine introduced me to it around episode 4 or 5, before all the craziness started.

Buckshot has it right. In the end, it's just a really good, well written, and well animated kids show :). Even without the fan-base, I'd probably still watch and enjoy it.

*points up* This. I have been enamored with MLP since I was 5. This show is just a continuation of that. The whole brony phenomenon? It's new to me, too...but as long as bronies aren't stalking me/being creepers/etc. then I'm cool with it.  8)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 06:54:06 am »
As hipster as this sounds, I did like it before it was cool ;). A friend of mine introduced me to it around episode 4 or 5, before all the craziness started.

Buckshot has it right. In the end, it's just a really good, well written, and well animated kids show :). Even without the fan-base, I'd probably still watch and enjoy it.

*points up* This. I have been enamored with MLP since I was 5. This show is just a continuation of that. The whole brony phenomenon? It's new to me, too...but as long as bronies aren't stalking me/being creepers/etc. then I'm cool with it.  8)

It's good to have some more people around who are fans/collectors of FiM and the older generations as well. I've read that there are a number of the 'old school' fans who are actually annoyed/put off by the whole brony thing. Then again, that's just from an article or two, which probably means the vast majority of old school fans either don't even know about bronies, don't care, or might even enjoy the new wave of people enjoying what they have for a long time.

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:48 am »

It's good to have some more people around who are fans/collectors of FiM and the older generations as well. I've read that there are a number of the 'old school' fans who are actually annoyed/put off by the whole brony thing. Then again, that's just from an article or two, which probably means the vast majority of old school fans either don't even know about bronies, don't care, or might even enjoy the new wave of people enjoying what they have for a long time.

Ziel--I would think that most old school fans like myself are glad to have more fans to talk to regardless of gender. The only issues I think most old school fans have with the G4 fans is...how to put this...a perversion of the characters by some, if you catch my drift. Then again, the older gens of ponies have been distorted before, so it's nothing new to me. Either you filter out that material and keep on liking the show/ponies regardless or let it affect you...of which I tend to do the former.  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »
Ziel--I would think that most old school fans like myself are glad to have more fans to talk to regardless of gender. The only issues I think most old school fans have with the G4 fans is...how to put this...a perversion of the characters by some, if you catch my drift. Then again, the older gens of ponies have been distorted before, so it's nothing new to me. Either you filter out that material and keep on liking the show/ponies regardless or let it affect you...of which I tend to do the former.  (:

I think it's a combination of several factors. First, it sounded like some of them feel like the bronies are taking over their territory, so to speak. They seem a bit bitter that the press didn't care at all that die-hard MLP fans existed, until a bunch of guys started watching it. I can also see some animosity forming, since many bronies never watched the old stuff, and have no interest in it at all.

But yeah, it is the internet after all, and it seems that many people drop their level-headedness once the internet gets involved.

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 01:42:07 am »
My theory is that it has characters almost anybody can relate to. There arent many girls who get down in the dirt like Applejack & Rainbow Dash. There arent many girls who do nothing but read like Twilight Sparkle.

Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy? those 2 girls have another side of them; both are SCARY. D:

Im female, but i consider myself a "brony" because damnit i can do that.

i like the show, because i can relate to each character in some sort of way. Fluttershy loves animals, RD is tom-boyish. Twilight loves reading, Rarity is quite the artist who doesnt like to get dirty. AJ is truthful, Pinkie is full of fun. i think this aspect of the show, the fact you can ACTUALLY relate to a specific character thats FAR different from the next, is what draws in men.

"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »

I think it's a combination of several factors. First, it sounded like some of them feel like the bronies are taking over their territory, so to speak. They seem a bit bitter that the press didn't care at all that die-hard MLP fans existed, until a bunch of guys started watching it. I can also see some animosity forming, since many bronies never watched the old stuff, and have no interest in it at all.

But yeah, it is the internet after all, and it seems that many people drop their level-headedness once the internet gets involved.

In my opinion, bronies aren't necessarily taking over...they are definitely dominating the limelight atm, though. Does it push my buttons? Eh, not really. I am a MLP customizer and while it is nice to get some attention for what I do, it's not my life's work so it doesn't really bother me as much as some.

There are also quite a few bronies who did indeed watch the older MLP series and some even collected MLPs as kids. So there are at least a few from the older generation (*ahem* me included *ahem*) who appreciate the other generations as well.  :)
Furry Code:

My art and such

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 08:20:40 pm »
My theory is that it has characters almost anybody can relate to. There arent many girls who get down in the dirt like Applejack & Rainbow Dash. There arent many girls who do nothing but read like Twilight Sparkle.

Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy? those 2 girls have another side of them; both are SCARY. D:

Im female, but i consider myself a "brony" because damnit i can do that.

i like the show, because i can relate to each character in some sort of way. Fluttershy loves animals, RD is tom-boyish. Twilight loves reading, Rarity is quite the artist who doesnt like to get dirty. AJ is truthful, Pinkie is full of fun. i think this aspect of the show, the fact you can ACTUALLY relate to a specific character thats FAR different from the next, is what draws in men.

I agree with you on the first sentence.

By the way, I am also a female, and I dig in the dirt, read often, and enjoy the presence of animals (long extinct, but still there!) as part of my RL profession.  (: I think there are more 'boyish' ladies out there than one would tend to believe.  ;)
Furry Code:

My art and such