Author Topic: Happy Fourth of July, everyone!  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:50 pm »
Just wishing everyone a Happy 4th tomorrow. :) No major plans on my end except to stay cool and away from the heat and humidity.  :P No need for me to go to a park or other location to see fireworks. I can see them from my bedroom window as the festivities are only half a mile away!  :D

Anybody else have plans?

Offline Baylyn

• Female
Re: Happy Fourth of July, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:21:13 pm »
Happy 4th of July to you as well... we are just bbqing then heading halfway up the mountain to watch the fireworks going on all over the valley :D

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »
Couple hours early there, Kobuk :P

My plans are very limited. I've got stuff to make some burgers here, but that's about it. I don't work tomorrow, so I guess I'll get to enjoy just having a day off. Not going to bother finding fireworks anywhere. Though the neighbors seem to enjoy setting them off in the field behind our complex...

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:31 pm »
Work :(

then D&D :D
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:19:11 pm »
It's my grandmas birthday :D but nothing big is going on. We'll probably go out to a field with this whole tiny town and watch some fireworks!
Come find me! More to come!

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »
I might be going to some big cat rescue place where you can pet the big cats!!! :D But then again my dad isn't to sure as to what the plans are.
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:56:44 pm »
I don't really know what I'm doing! I figure I should go see some fireworks to celebrate my return to the US, but all the towns around here canceled their displays due to budget cuts. :( I'm tempted to head back down to Philadelphia, where I used to live, to see the amazing fireworks on the steps of the Art Museum.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 01:16:45 am »
No real plans here, I’ll probably just end up watching the fireworks on TV.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Metalhead_Mockingbird

• Starting another intergalactic cold war.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 02:03:47 am »
No plans, unfortunately. The no-burn rule enacted in my town kinda cut my family's plans short. The pyro inside of me is suffocating. 
"Noone can ever rid me of my arsenal of Megadeth, no matter what the peace treaties come to!"

Furaffinity
Steam
'360 GT

Avatar done by AlisaLeolfAlexandra.

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:33:52 am »
Fireworks have been like <<; going off since ~laaaast~ Friday lol. No plans for my family though, just like other years. I'll probably either watch from inside xD like lots seem to be doing, or maybe I'll mosy outside for a little better view. Ah, it depends on how hot/humid it is tonight or whatever and depends if the fireworks catch my eyes =p! Happy fourth to everyone else who wants to be wished xD

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »
I totally forgot that being home from work means that I'll get to watch a fair bit of Wimbledon today! Currently watching an epic doubles match. First 4 sets split 2-2. And now, since there is no fifth-set tie-break, they're at 14 games each in the fifth set!

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline SilentCicada

• Species: Monster
  • Male
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:25 pm »
Lounging about, listening to music, drawing, and going over to my girlfriend's house.  Not much else though.  I think there might be a burn ban here right now, so there might not be any fireworks. :(
I make ambient and noise music: http://nickshutter.bandcamp.com/

Weasyl (not adults-only):
https://www.weasyl.com/profile/silentcicada

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »
Just wishing everyone a Happy 4th tomorrow. :) No major plans on my end except to stay cool and away from the heat and humidity.  :P No need for me to go to a park or other location to see fireworks. I can see them from my bedroom window as the festivities are only half a mile away!  :D

Anybody else have plans?

“I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival,” he supposedly said. “It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.

“It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward for evermore,”
Attributed to John Addams after the adoption of the Decoration of Independence in July 1776.

For me I going to make "burnt " offering unto the lord hopefully of brisket but I could not find any yesterday. I am setting up the smoker as we speak.

Kobuk when I go home to Tacoma WA to see mom, her hot tub is strategically placed to catch all the fireworks shows.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 04:43:09 am »
I ended up having to spend the 4th of July in California this year.  This always makes me a little sad, because personal fireworks are illegal in California.  In Oregon, where I live, they're not.

When I get to spend the 4th of July at home in Oregon, I get to go see the big fireworks display, and, as I walk to and from the park, I get to see all the little fireworks being set off in the street.  It's an amazing sight.  So.  Much.  Fun.  Sprays of colorful sparks with exciting crackles and pops everywhere.  Whereas, in California, there's only the big display in the sky.  No sparklers.  No ground bloom flowers.  No color fountains.  And that makes me kind of sad.  I love watching fireworks, and I even like the smell of them in the air.  It makes me think of red curry.

So, instead of all the fireworks glory, this year I got to spend that evening with people who really don't seem to understand how great fireworks are.  They had planned to go watch them -- mostly because I wanted to -- but, they chose a location that was really, really far away, so the fireworks were really small in the distance.  And, adding injury to insult, I stepped on an illegal firework that someone had left in the street that exploded under my foot, stinging my toes and throwing off some sort of shrapnel that bloodied and bruised my brother-in-law's ankle.  In all my years of celebrating the 4th of July in Oregon, I have never been injured by fireworks.  No one leaves them lying in the street.  That would be dangerous, and people know that.  However, since they're illegal in California, no one here seems to know how to handle them.  I've seen people use illegal sparklers inside a house, in a room filled with carpet.  That's just asking for the house to catch fire.  There's a reason that fireworks are done outside.

Anyway, it was nice to spend the day with family, but I hope that we'll be able to do our summer visit at a different time next year, so I can see all the fireworks again.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:54:27 am »
I might be going to some big cat rescue place where you can pet the big cats!!! :D But then again my dad isn't to sure as to what the plans are.

0.0 TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THIS!!!
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:50 am »

I'll ask my dad, I didn't go there on 4th of July (plans got changed) but my dad is taking my family there today. I'll ask my dad and messege you the link. :D
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »

I'll ask my dad, I didn't go there on 4th of July (plans got changed) but my dad is taking my family there today. I'll ask my dad and messege you the link. :D

8D If I get to go there at all, I will die from happiness...!!!!!

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 02:27:52 pm »
We had birthday cake for America's birthday. 8)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »
I went in to work on the 4th. Set off an expired lifeboat flare after dark. Our local fireworks festival started on the 5th and ended Saturday with 50,000 shells in 50 minutes.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)