Author Topic: I got the need for speed! TOP GUN 2 movie  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
I got the need for speed! TOP GUN 2 movie
« on: July 18, 2019, 05:46:00 pm »
Time to light the fires and kick the tires. I got the need for speed!  8) First trailer for TOP GUN 2 has been released. The sequel movie will be released next year. I'm not sure how I feel about this movie yet as it's only a 2 minute trailer, but I am hopeful. Loved the original TG when it came out in the mid 80's. I can only hope this sequel does justice to the original. From what I've heard and read over the last several months, Tom Cruise wanted very little or no CGI in this movie. He wanted the aircraft and flying sequences to be as realistic as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRHG6z7sN8

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: I got the need for speed! TOP GUN 2 movie
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:24:39 pm »
In looking at the trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic. In reality, its hard to get a feeling about something with only a couple of minutes of viewing. May not be as good as TG, but it looks promising.
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 01:47:57 pm »
Something I noticed in the TOP GUN 2 movie trailer.  :o The original Goose character from the first TOP GUN movie is not in the sequel since he died in the first film. But.......he did have a son in the first film. Watch between the 1:20 to 1:30 marks from the YouTube trailer of the guy playing the piano (Great Balls of Fire song maybe?) in some bar. Maybe Goose's grown up son? Kinda looks like him a little bit?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:39:47 pm »
 They should not need CGI since jet fighters are so cool by themselves...
 ;)
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:23:07 am »
The original movie may have been a catalyst for such television series as Supercarrier, Emerald Point NAS, Call To Glory and the Hot Shots parodies.  It is further evidence that Hollywood has run out of original ideas                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 09:31:52 am »
It is further evidence that Hollywood has run out of original ideas                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Hollywood only cares about money. If they see that they have a blockbuster on their hands, then they're going to milk it for everything they've got. That means reboots, and sequels.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 10:45:47 am »
It is further evidence that Hollywood has run out of original ideas[/color]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I'd lump Disney here too. Why try something original and creative when you can follow the same mediocre formula?

I want to see a movie like this from the mechanic's point of view. :p
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
It is further evidence that Hollywood has run out of original ideas[/color]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I'd lump Disney here too. Why try something original and creative when you can follow the same mediocre formula?

I want to see a movie like this from the mechanic's point of view. :p

Well when the engine stalls out, perhaps there will be mechanics fixing it up. Hey, just a thought!
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 10:38:45 pm »

Walt Disney would be rolling in his grave right now if he could see what his company has become.  :'(