Author Topic: your most hated thing about furry.  (Read 33295 times)

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
Re: your most hated thing about furry.
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:28 pm »
FA. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »
I really hate some of the elitism and smugness that goes on for the stupidest reasons. I really don't care if you like furtopia or FA or inkbunny or weasyl or deviant art more, and refuse to use something else. They're websites. The sense of smug superiority I hear from some people saying "well, I never use <insert website here> because of <this reason>, I'm sooOOooO much better than the people who deign to use it" is completely stupid. I've seen major fallout between friends because one of them used a website that the other person didn't like.

They're websites. Use them or don't, no one cares which ones you do or don't use.

Seriously, having an opinion on something doesn't make you better than anyone else who has a different opinion on that thing. Being all smug isn't impressive, it's vaguely amusing at best and pitiful at worst.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 11:49:28 pm »
I understand where your coming from Magna. People with their heads in the clouds because they have a few hundred works of art on one site or another. Their there because it's the best. The "I don't do second best" attitude. What I find even more annoying are forums with a rating system. Seen two types of this. One is done by mods only. You get points for how helpful or informative your post is. The other is done peers.  Both have grave disadvantages. Both end up with posting gods that can do no wrong.

I'm going to stand on shaky ground. Perhaps misreading your post. If I've done this PLEASE don't take it personally.

I can only speak for myself. I think I was active on FA for about six months. My personal experience on FA was to be verbally insulted. I personally read threw threads posted by new members. Reading threw the old members verbally beating these kids down for fun. What was even more amazing was reading posts by old member bashing each other. My guess is there was no one new to pick on. Do I think I'm better than they are? HELL YES! I would never treat you that way. Nor anyone else. I'm not an elitist. I'm human.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 12:29:00 am »
I can only speak for myself. I think I was active on FA for about six months. My personal experience on FA was to be verbally insulted. I personally read threw threads posted by new members. Reading threw the old members verbally beating these kids down for fun. What was even more amazing was reading posts by old member bashing each other. My guess is there was no one new to pick on. Do I think I'm better than they are? HELL YES! I would never treat you that way. Nor anyone else. I'm not an elitist. I'm human.

I didn't want to mention which sites I was on to feed into all the slight ranting and dog-piling going on, but I will mention that I am not active on the FA forums at all :P. It seems like there is just too much going on there at any point in time to keep track of, and a lot of toes that might get accidentally stepped on. Things seem to have slightly shifted over time from "attack the new guys!", but it still seems like everyone feels entitled to have their opinion and their opinion only be the deciding factor in how things are run.

Just like in every furry community, there is a lot of immaturity. Just like in every community I'm active in, there are a number of people that I flat-out ignore. It's just a matter of deciding whether or not the amount of people I ignore is worth the contributions of the people I don't ignore.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »
Unfortunately none of what I read was accidental. Not by the posters or the mods. Deliberate and belligerent. Drama happens everywhere. On every forum I've ever belonged to. It's how it's handled that's more important. What was posted on FA forums wasn't drama. What i saw on FA forums was inexcusable.

Well blast it. I can't seem to find anything to hate on furrys with. Guess i'll have to search the web. Finds me some trolls and see if I can agree with them.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 12:12:53 am »
I'm leaving [fill in the blank] forever...just kidding.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:36:09 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Samhain

• Female
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:34 am »
I really hate furries who speak with young furs (age and time spend in fandom) and start sexual conversations (sometimes meet them and you know what i try to write). It's sick in my opinion. :/ I'm not suprissed media think our fandom based on sexual things because Many of us base on this :/
Third thing what made me angry It's "yiff arts with other peoples than their mates". Sorry but i accept only soft arts with this topic.  If I saw a hard figure on which was to be my boyfriend and some of his friends think that my blood flooded.There may be exceptions to the rule, but without exaggeration.  There are some limits.
Probably when i write on forum you sleep :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 07:33:13 pm »
Samhain, the age difference is my one big fear. Being older than most rocks I'm always afraid someone is going to perceive me as a pervert.

Found something else I get tired of really quick. I like to search for new furry vids on Youtube. Really get tired of all the 'furry love' art and music. I watched part of one. Last year. What a waste. What really ticks me off is there's always new vids of this type. WHY?

Offline Samhain

• Female
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 11:30:18 am »
I think This type of behavior rooted in the fandom if they speak with much younger furries. It is unjust that certain individuals even where the age is seen as perverts, like my friend. :/

I have the impression that in general there are two extremes in the fandom, referring to your questions. I see a division of candy furries and those that are considered perverts. Personally, I think the observation that they dominate when it comes to the type of message youtube,galerries etc. Perverts dominate on galerries(in my opinion), candy on youtube.

If you want see nice videos on yt with furry theme watch furry musicans ,fursuiters and artists. I watch only this vids and It's okay for me.
Probably when i write on forum you sleep :)

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 03:53:24 am »
I was in an IRC room a while ago and an uderage kid joined.  The jokes and conversation started to go NSFW and we basically said we were going to stop the conversation there as long as there was a minor in the room.  The kid then tried to goad us into carrying on despite being told we didn't want to potentially get in trouble.

I don't actually mind non-monogamous yiff art.  It's not my thing, but I think that as long as their partner knows and is okay with it, it's all okay.  I'm not one to care what consenting adults do with other consenting adults.

A recent complaint I have is that there are very limited choices for SFW writers to publish short stories.  My foxbutt tried to find an anthology to no avail, but was relieved to learn SofaWolf's are not 100% smut.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 03:52:05 am »
Samhain, the age difference is my one big fear. Being older than most rocks I'm always afraid someone is going to perceive me as a pervert.

Found something else I get tired of really quick. I like to search for new furry vids on Youtube. Really get tired of all the 'furry love' art and music. I watched part of one. Last year. What a waste. What really ticks me off is there's always new vids of this type. WHY?
I really like some of those videos. That is, if you are talking about music videos with furry art. It works really well when they fit the images with the emotions portrayed though the music. Some of the images are really cute :) Some images can be a bit inappropriate... I like to watch Fursuit videos on youtube as well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:54:56 am by Sciex »

Offline Jorinda

• Female
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
I leaving [fill in the blank] forever...just kidding.
Yep... especially the kind of people who say "I'm leaving forever!!!!" and then get mad at averyone who doesn't beg them to stay.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 01:55:18 am »
I really like some of those videos. That is, if you are talking about music videos with furry art. It works really well when they fit the images with the emotions portrayed though the music. Some of the images are really cute :) Some images can be a bit inappropriate... I like to watch Fursuit videos on youtube as well.

those videos are nice but then some times make me depressed than i all ready am..... then again is there ever a time where im not thinking about being in a relationship? (never)

but at least those furs have some one.... which reminds me why do i watch those videos if they just make me feel bad?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 02:23:40 am »
Bah... the fact that i'm slowly being absorbed into the fandom... and even worse, it's not entirely against my will. x_x

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 11:49:46 pm »
all the misconception and negative views from other people or even the thought of being judged negativly  :(
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »
Its a tossup between the panicking of people worrying about 'how to tell about furry' (Which honestly, if you're panicking about, means that in reality it probably wasnt even something worth mentioning to someone to begin with!) or all the elitism over what lets you call yourself furry to begin with (or treating someone like a category-traitor if they decide they dont want to do something that is perceived as the one right and true way to be 'furry'). The second thing isnt actually a furry-specific thing and does show up in other contexts, its just that due to the inherently vague and open nature of 'furry' that it gives a lot more room for hardliners backing a specific definition to start making annoying noise.

[edit] - theres a lot of other good points made in this thread too but, as cause pointed out, they are not *specific* to furry, hence i explicitly didn't mention general things that were just as common outside.

Also I recall once saying the same thing about the FA forums as kobuk did (except more brief and mildly) and as a bit of irony got in trouble for violating rule 2 xP (I think from kobuk himself, but possibly not) - but again, thats a generic problem with a lot of forums, not FA's specifically. I've never had any trouble just using it as an image hosting service. The file resolution limits annoyed us, but other than that it was a better alternative to the overly commercial feel of DA which seemed to be pressing left and right to get premium membership and all that stuff.

Also I have to say that the whole thing about 'furries are hated everywhere D:' is completely untrue - rather its trouble-makers are hated everywhere (except in hives of "scum and villainy" if you happen to be the right kind of trouble maker to fit in). Nearly every community we have been to has been accepting of furries in general (unless again, you cause trouble) - and most of these communities were sites for a specific game.

The transcendence community for example is extremely friendly to furry and the IRC has attracted a fair number of furries for unknown reasons. The only case of a furry hate post that ever occurred was from a guy who had a grudge against us being a community manager & getting the privilege of hotfixing the game, and was using every excuse he had to try to make us look bad. Considering that he was resorting to things like complaining about us being furry, well.. his post because a subject of much laughter in IRC for a few days after which he was promptly forgotten.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:10:46 pm by Avan »
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
closed species

commission scamming

people who decide they want to "be my mate" before we even make it to good friends...you have to be at least close friends before i will date you

people who RP badly

emotional blackmail

in that order
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2014, 06:09:27 pm »
whats closed species?
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2014, 11:21:36 am »
whats closed species?

This is just a guess, but I've seen people who have created a species of their own, and then they won't let others use it if they want to. Even though the overall character design would be completely different. I've seen people attempt this with various hybrid combinations as well. They want so much to be absolutely unique...

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:20 am »
whats closed species?

This is just a guess, but I've seen people who have created a species of their own, and then they won't let others use it if they want to. Even though the overall character design would be completely different. I've seen people attempt this with various hybrid combinations as well. They want so much to be absolutely unique...

for a guess that is very accurate but they take it a lot further than that
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Rockin Hyena

• Male
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2014, 05:43:00 pm »
Furries who get sexual in public, if you want to get it on, go to a room and get it on. Stop giving the media a field day.

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »
When people know fursuits are expensive and scratch or frail or rough house with the fur. >:(

Offline The Rockin Hyena

• Male
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »
The fact that I can't go to Megaplex as full suit Hank, lol.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2014, 06:16:55 pm »
It has to be the introduction fetishism and sexuality into the fandom.

Uncle Kage and others referred to the period in the 1990's  where some more free spirited furs decide the fandom need more of an adult edge and advertise  in gay and fetish communities. Often he use this as his rational in founding Antrhocon.   Like any student of history I was intrigued by a debate in the committed  between Mark Merlino and Calbeck in comments of  Opinion: Misconceptions about the origins of furry fandom.

http://www.flayrah.com/3377/opinion-misconceptions-about-origins-furry-fandom

read for for yourself.

I also do not how some inject or use identity politics in the fandom. For example:
Furry As a Queer Identity.
http://adjectivespecies.com/2013/10/14/furry-as-a-queer-identity/

While I have no problem with LGBT in the fandom I had disagree  with any close association because not  all are LGBT and  it become to huge  unnecessary burden to Christian  Furs, Teen and younger frus, when parts read or get misinformation on the net.
I recently had two bad, experiences with a sweeping generalization Baby Fur and an immature transgender person. It involves how I chose to express my interest in the Furry culture though my Sanrio Hello Kitty obsession. The Baby Furry could not get into her head than I like Hello Kitty and not be either a Baby Fur or a Sissy fur. The transgender lambasted me that I had the audacity to like Hello Kitty but refuse to identify myself transgendered. The person  missed the point one can like Hello Kitty regardless of sex and sexual orientation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:52:42 am by Acton »

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2014, 03:06:25 am »
It has to be the introduction fetishism and sexuality into the fandom.

Uncle Kage and others referred to the period in the 1990's  where some more free spirited furs decide the fandom need more of an adult edge and advertise  in gay and fetish communities. Often he use this as his rational in founding Antrhocon.   Like any student of history I was intrigued by a debate in the committed  between Mark Merlino and Calbeck in comments of  Opinion: Misconceptions about the origins of furry fandom.

http://www.flayrah.com/3377/opinion-misconceptions-about-origins-furry-fandom

read for for yourself.

I also do not how some inject or use identity politics in the fandom. For example:
Furry As a Queer Identity.
http://adjectivespecies.com/2013/10/14/furry-as-a-queer-identity/

While I have no problem with LGBT in the fandom I had disagree  with any close association because not  all are LGBT and  it become to huge  unnecessary burden to Christian  Furs, Teen and younger frus, when parts read or get misinformation on the net.
I recently had two bad, experiences with a sweeping generalization Baby Fur and an immature transgender person. It involves how I chose to express my interest in the Furry culture though my Sanrio Hello Kitty obsession. The Baby Furry could not get into her head than I like Hello Kitty and not be either a Baby Fur or a Sissy fur. The transgender lambasted me that I had the audacity to like Hello Kitty but refuse to identify myself transgendered. The person  missed the point one can like Hello Kitty regardless of sex and sexual orientation.

That article on LGBTQ (whatever the current accepted acronym is) was interesting. I understand how you find it unnecessary for others in the fandom to be burdened with prejudice that is usually directed towards queer people. However, that is just not the case. People within that fandom experience prejudice because they are different as well as the various misconceptions (The stereotype that most furries are gay is annoying. Not just because it is untrue, but because they are using the word "gay" in a negative way). The people within the fandom are more diverse in sexuality than the general public because it is more accepted within the fandom.

Most of the prejudice that people would experience would just be because of the prejudice towards the adult side of the fandom with some of the general sterotypes being based of "queerphobia". Basically it's just people hating on stuff just because they can, or are stupid enough to believe and spread misconceptions. It is sad that parents can be misinformed... However, some parents may not want their child participating in the fandom because there is an adult side or because they don't like the fact that there is homosexuals / queers in the fandom.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:16:28 am by Sciex »