announcements > administerial roars and woofs

Upgrading, such and so forth...

(1/7) > >>

Benjamin:
I've switched the board's database over to the MySQL format, which should perform faster than it was while it was using DBM. We'll see how it goes.
Anyways, you may notice a few links in the 'last post info' broken for a bit, but once the posting resumes, those should just fix themselves.
Enjoy!

Benjamin

Benjamin:
By the way, I've also installed a hack on the board that permits me to change a specific user's name on it. If you need to have your user name changed for whatever reason, feel free to contact me via a PM, or one of the many IMs that I use.

Benjamin

Jadnar:
Ooo, Neat. Tha'll definatly be pretty good. Some people (such as I) change names just a little too much....  

Benjamin:
It's also useful those that register their name as all lower case letters and realise that it stays that way in the board and can't be changed by the user. Heh. So, it's a good fix for helping those folks.

Benjamin

Benjamin:
Another hack I've recently put into place was one that takes the forums listed in subcategories and lists them in a drop down menu that's viewed on the main board page.
You can use the drop down menu to go directly to whichever forum you choose there, or click the subcategory's name in order to see the full listing of forums with their respective info within that subcategory.
The reason this was implimented was so that the loading speed of the board's front page will be much faster with the new hack in place... especially as more and more artists get forums hosted here.

And no, this new feature does not affect the forwarder URLs that are assigned to each artist discussion forum. It doesn't disrupt that at all.

Enjoy!

Benjamin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version