Author Topic: MILLISLIM'S ART THREAD  (Read 82164 times)

Offline millislim

• Princess Indira Fairfang
  • Female
    • Deviant Art
MILLISLIM'S ART THREAD
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:59 am »
So...I wanna warm up my tablet again and since my head be full o fluff and original ideas are fleeting... give me some sort of fursona or odd combo...anything i draw that you like...you haz k?

my brains needs work out
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:50:36 pm by Savaaha »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: let me draw for you...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:48:18 am »
You can feel free to draw me, I have no art yet for my fursona and have yet to commision anyone.

I'm a timber wolf, mostly grey with a patch of brown covering my right ear and eye, leaving the top of my muzzle grey. White covers my lower jaw and extends down, covering over my chest and the insides of my limbs. My tail is grey with a small patch of brown at the very end.

I normally dress in basic t-shirt and jeans but am not against dressing up, especially to play in snow. I'm a pretty upbeat wolf so any kind of pose or situation you want to draw me in is fine with me. ;)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I often run a booth (Old, cheesy, wooden lemonaid stand type) here at furtopia where I sell junk to others for outstanding prices. (was inspired by Kimberly from Unlike Minerva. LINK
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:03:19 am by Kaloyan Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
    • http://aerisyka.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:14:00 am »
If you wouldn't mind, how about trying your hand at a rat?

Marking refs are here:
http://aerisyka.deviantart.com/art/Under-The-Blacklight-87038348
http://aerisyka.deviantart.com/art/I-think-it-must-be-the-water-88696753
http://aerisyka.deviantart.com/art/Where-Our-Souls-Go-91613680

On the left, left, and right, respectively. The last one has terrible anatomy, but the colors are closest to accurate. Her blaze (white face stripe) should be going over the left eye, and fade back into brown a little over the eyebrow area.

If you like doing hair on anthros, hers looks like this: http://aerisyka.deviantart.com/art/chicken-and-rat-83055544 Dark red, if you color it. She also wears a thin red ribbon around her neck.

Let me know if you have any questions, I know I am sadly lacking a decent single ref pic. Thanks!
We have a fascination with the darkness, although we're standing in light.
We have the strongest sense of kindness, but we still can't treat our own selves right.

<:3=*)~

Icon by 22mg!

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:45:54 am »
You can draw my fursona or any of my characters if you would like, I'll PM you a link to my DA for refs.

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:31:15 am »
You can draw for my mate on his new char. The only difference is the tail. Its more like a long rabbits tail, not the part tiger tail. Hes still trying to figure it out. everything else is the same.. Colorwise hes a chocolate color with pink stripes and white accents.

http://savaaha.furtopia.org/iantlopp/

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 02:50:32 am »
wow this got popular fast... i'll try to whip em out in the order received....i just finished a "follow me eye tutorial" for the site...as soon as i came back here i was already swamped with requests! holy moley! and since i'm not asking for money there's no pressure so hopefully these come out nicely...

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 04:21:49 am »
PM sent, incase you don't get notification :3

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 04:56:25 am »
Kaloyan come on down!...i hope i got it right...lemme know if i missed the mark

realistic version
cartoon sketch version

never drew a timber wolf before...not an easy feat my friend

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 05:21:24 am »
Those are really good :).

If you feel like doing one more, you can do my Remi Vitoux, who is about as close to a fursona as I have :). He is a male beaver, somewhat buff and chubby, about 5 foot 5, with reddish-brown fur and shoulder-length black hair with a "wet look". One of his big front teeth is noticeably shorter than the other. His tail has a sort of jigsaw puzzle pattern instead of the grid pattern beavers tails are usually depicted with. He can either have hazel (brown/green) eyes, or pupiless comic-book style eyes, and he sometimes wears a mask (when he's a superhero). His street clothes are usually jeans and a tank-top.

Here's a ref:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1179068/

Here's a video with various pictures of him drawn by myself and others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbLN6GtPT1w

DA         FA

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 05:32:37 am »
Those are...really good.

This thread's about to get a LOT more popular :D

I won't swamp you with a request for mine, but those are good.

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:44 am »
I had a hard time trying to color it...and i sort of like the sketchiness of this one....this is one of Aerisyka's creations...interpreted by me...about an hour or so sketch

Two sketches for Aerisyka: one with and one without a tail...this character's name is Rea i think?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:52:32 am by millislim »

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 07:10:52 am »
Wow :o They're really good, the first one of Kaloyan is adorable! I really like these! :)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:14:50 am »
Indeed! You're a talented person in many ways! Keep up the great work! :)
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Savaaha

• Female
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 09:58:25 am »
oh wow!! These are beautiful :)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41:05 pm »
Kaloyan come on down!...i hope i got it right...lemme know if i missed the mark

realistic version
cartoon sketch version

never drew a timber wolf before...not an easy feat my friend
Well I just woke up and thought I'd check this, I was very surprised to see that you had put pics up so quickly, I love them, thank you. The first one is my fave, I look like a puppy. lol.

Thank you so much.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 01:38:34 pm »
I remember you saying that you liked more realistic furries...cartooning is more my thing but i took a shot at it...glad you like it

I really couldn't sleep so i just stayed up with my tablet and sketched away...I tend to be a bit quick with things once i get going and without trying to actually design something since you guys already know what you want i just gotta do the dirty work....(not that i mind doing it) I just figured you scratch my back i scritch yours? lol... i need to keep my artistic chops up and you guys want art work...win win right?

also, surprising people when their not expecting it is one of my favorite things and speed almost always guarentees a surprise

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 01:59:36 pm »
Well I certainly appreciate it, I hope you don't mind if I make it my avatar after the halloween avatar week is up?

:) It feels nice to finally have some art of my fursona, I've been throwing around my description so much, it's been all over the place. :D
I'm impressed with your art skills, I agree that this thread will get popular.
So cartoony is more your style huh? I like the toony me, it's cute, but you have some real talent in doing realistic designs. (LOVE those eyes in the realistic me.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:02:09 pm by Kaloyan Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 03:30:05 pm »
Fei fursona for Feidai

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
    • http://aerisyka.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 04:26:12 pm »
Aaww, those came out really good! All the ones you've done so far look nice. Thank you!

And yes, her name is Rea. She's actually an alt fursona of mine.
We have a fascination with the darkness, although we're standing in light.
We have the strongest sense of kindness, but we still can't treat our own selves right.

<:3=*)~

Icon by 22mg!

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:53 pm »
This is Ian for Savaaha

Offline Edward Vulpes

• Mmm... Fish-shaped volatile organic compounds.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 04:45:34 pm »
Normally I do not reply to threads with requests, but your style, millislim, has captivated me. If you have the freedom and desire, I would very much love to have a piece done by you.

While I did have a portrait done in the past by another member of this forum, I have a new perspective on my character and myself, and I feel any new artwork should reflect this.

Edward is a hybrid of the common red and Arctic foxes, Vulpes Vulpes and Vulpes Alopex, a fact which combines to give him especially thick and luxuriant fur, and of which he is extremely vain. Visually speaking, his standout features are a huge, cravat-like ruff of white fur and a strange duality of fur colour on his hand-paws- white on the right paw, black on the left in the typical fox "socks". His clothing, if you decide to include it, is varied, but always well-tailored and always in the colour scheme of red and gold (in the last portrait I had done, he wore a scarlet vest with ambiguous gold patterns), or else a white lab coat with scarlet cuffs. Whatever the clothing, his fur ruff is exposed, as it is his most prideful feature. As for Edward himself, I see him casting off a certain haughty, even sneering energy, as my Edward has gone through many incarnations, but has always embodied those traits in myself of which I am not so proud.

If you do decide to take this request, I will be... a very happy fox.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:52:28 pm by Edward Vulpes »
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." -Albert Einstein
"Small child, I have fangs and claws. Please let go of my tail." -Moi

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 04:59:39 pm »
I have no problem giving your fox a shot! Do you have any reference photos since you seem to have very specific traits and I don't want to miss em...i can google image of foxes and such but if you have your last portrait done i would love to see it...you can link me to it or post it...either way is good with me

I am thoroughly enjoying making these for some reason...i check this thread every other minute when i'm not drawing

All pics here... you all are free to take, color, cut, paste, print, copy and set on fire if your heart so desires...

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 05:08:54 pm »
Wow. Your art is very good, and you're keeping busy at it. Want to try drawing a bird?

My fursona's a six-limbed tree swallow, with wings in addition to legs and arms. Most of him is covered with feathers that match that RL bird's markings, but his fingers and toes are tipped with dull claws, and his forearms and lower legs are ridged with scales like a bird's feet. He would probably wear something in between casual and professional, that would be modest and loose.

What situation should he be in? Probably writing. A lot. Either on a computer or some kind of tablet. Or nervously posing for the artist. ^.^ But I have him toss people through windows telekinetically on the IRC chat, so if you'd find it more interesting to draw him floating or hovering or using magical powers or something it's your call!

Here's a photo of a tree swallow: LINK

Good luck with whatever you draw next! Mr. Vulpes has quite an interesting character.

Offline Kwan

• They are my Om-Noms and I want them!
  • Female
    • my stuff on  FA
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 05:19:54 pm »
If you feel up to doing a corpulent rat, I'd love one too.  ^_^  Your art is both very cute & distinctive!

Pic references: 
http://www.kwan.furtopia.org/_tn/400_kwan_clr.jpg
http://www.kwan.furtopia.org/other-artwork/_tn/400_KwanHuh200.jpg
http://www.kwan.furtopia.org/other-artwork/_tn/400_KwanLaugh1.jpg

Markings: 
Body: Brownish-grey
Hair:  Brown
Lower arms, lower legs, chest & belly: White

Whatever you're comfortable with is fine, but if you need ideas...
Drawing, yakking on phone, cooking, rolling dungeon dice, or hugging a big blue rhino plushy with a pink horn.
Card-carrying member of the following fan-clubs:
FarRaptor (in capacity of self-proclaimed Number One Fan-Girl)
Blastdav  (in capacity of Official Tormentor)
Mazz      (Furtopian ambassador ne plus ultra)
White Shepherd (Lo, WS laid hands on Furtopia, and it hath arisen)

Offline millislim

• Female
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 05:22:47 pm »
Wow. Your art is very good, and you're keeping busy at it. Want to try drawing a bird?

My fursona's a six-limbed tree swallow, with wings in addition to legs and arms. Most of him is covered with feathers that match that RL bird's markings, but his fingers and toes are tipped with dull claws, and his forearms and lower legs are ridged with scales like a bird's feet. He would probably wear something in between casual and professional, that would be modest and loose.

What situation should he be in? Probably writing. A lot. Either on a computer or some kind of tablet. Or nervously posing for the artist. ^.^ But I have him toss people through windows telekinetically on the IRC chat, so if you'd find it more interesting to draw him floating or hovering or using magical powers or something it's your call!

Here's a photo of a tree swallow: LINK

Good luck with whatever you draw next! Mr. Vulpes has quite an interesting character.

ooo a bird...i'll give that a shot too...i do love birdies...so i think i have the beaver then the fox and then you...not too long of a wait in line...if i missed someone i swear i won't skip over ya...i triple and quaddrupple check the line for just that reason