Poll

Pvp/griefing out of towns

yes
no

Author Topic: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (Running)  (Read 2607 times)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (Running)
« on: March 16, 2015, 03:30:11 am »
well after about month since that last post in this topic iv finally got my desktop set up again with access to internet and i am close to hosting a server, if anyone is interested in it. if you are interested in joining the server post your minecraft username in this topic (or pm if you dont want others to know) and any comments/suggestions below your username. this server is not guaranteed to be online all the time. also due to large amounts of stress and depression due to issues in my life there is the possibility of it being shutdown after a few months of it being up (hopefully it doesnt come to that)

format:
Username (newest username)
Comments/suggestions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Might be changing
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Features/Gameplay/Rules:
- Scifi themed story created for server. (could expand on it more)
- Science fiction planet colonization theme attempt (pretty much trying to make an overall theme of all builds to look as if they are advanced space travel structures)
- pvp and griefing allowed outside city boarders.
- Fancy'ish furtopia topic now with collors
-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server IP: 71.202.190.82:25565
recommended server texture pack (work in progress): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9lt646nsz2wg5lf/AABFU5cPYVceqtj8In2613zha?oref=e&n=413360445 (click the download button, then take out the folder inside it named "graywolf448's texture pack" and put it in your resourcepack folder
Ideas for new Features:
- random supply drops which contain some useful loot:
     these will contain large sums of random resources (for example: 5+ stacks of *block name*, iron armor set, arrows and bow) just random things that might be annoying to spent time trying to get) - these supply drops will have set areas on the map and every day one will be doped with a preset payload (which area and which preset will be randomized)
- server texture pack:
     maybe make animals appear to be alien equivalents, certain blocks to wires computer screens or futuristic materials.

- more ways to enforce scifi theme
- maybe more rules

Currently working on:

Server Texture pack: if you have any ideas for the name/looks/sounds of plants, and animals feel free to share (remember that this is a alien planet so those plants/animals will be aliens)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ranks will make sense once in server
Members/people on whitelist:

Furtopians Non-Furtopians
- GrayWolf448 (owner)   
- Sciex
- JonasTheDude (JonasDragonborn)
- Purrr (Khronae)
- Oktek94 (Oktek)
-
- Jacoby Quinn (Legionbunny)

-
- MKmarkka
-

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:38 am »
you have any clue how the whitelisting works since the name change update? I heard you have to use player ID
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline JonasTheDude

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:05:25 pm »
Well i can join :3 And do something random there

Username: Right now my mc username is "JonasDragonborn" (changed it today (16.3.2015))

Few questions/suggestions:

1. "Science fiction planet colonization theme attempt." Do you have somesort of worldpainter etc. to "paint" the world to alien look a like? (I have one and I know how to use it)
2. "griefing of towns/player homes will not be allowed..." You should download Worldguard plugin So that the protected areas are really protected. (Easy to use, i can guide)(op command)
3. "space pirates and marauders" So players are shared to different groups? O.o?
4. "random supply drops which contain some useful loot" Limited natural resources? No trees? No specific ores?
5. ?!? "do not mention anything furry related" & "based of a possible furry web comic that I'm planing on creating" ... That's like saying "go to swim, but you are not allowed to talk about swimming" :D
6. "more ways to enforce scifi theme" Here is the part where mods come to use. I know few mods but don't think they work on newest version...
7. "improved town raiding system (griefable town walls?)" I'd say free-grief OR regional grief protections = (Jump to suggestion number 2). Trust me I'm operator on medium large server and I know.
8. "maybe more rules" I can make list of common rules.

You should make some chat rules "dont be surprised if you see disturbing/offensive things said in chat"... (from your previous post)

you have any clue how the whitelisting works since the name change update? I heard you have to use player ID
Btw. I asked few people i know and none of them knows. Now i'm going to ask my friend who know about mc server maintenance. (just trespassing)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:21 pm »
1) for this server i do not plan of having a special world created just for it due to the problem of world generating and then you are going to have to change those parts of the world when they are created (i do plan on a texture pack which i may change the collors of a few things)

2) as for world guard i do not plan on using bukkit or any mods due the the annoying of having to update things (the server will be tied to the newest minecraft update) (i might be able to do something like that in command blocks tho)

3) that was just a joke making fun of the kids at my school (due to them not really being trust worthy) but besides that you create your own group

4) nope they just might contain large sums of a certain resource (mostly blocks) so instead of say go mining for a long time getting cobble and smelting it you can find one of the pods and it might contain a few stacks of stone. (will be made using command blocks)

5) yep that is a pretty funny thing about that rule, its mostly there because i dont want annoyance from kids at my school about it (they are completely clueless that they are playing a role in a story) but when they are offline (im not sure they will be on much) you can talk about those things as much as you want

6) look at #2

7) thats one of the things difficult about running a server without mods/plugins the problem with free-grief is that it will make things a little unfair when it comes to my base having bedrock walls around it. the rules based on griefing depend mostly on what the players want and what ever would keep the highest number of players

8 ) feel free to post a list, dont really want people finding random loopholes in things and avoiding my rules.

not so sure on how that works but ill tests it later tonight to see if its your old username new username or something else
you now use their newest username (if name is changed the file in the server changes automatically if connected to minecraft.net)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »
I already know the perfect location for my home
Is there a possibility of starting a faction/clan/guild of trusted players so you can act as a team and work together on your settlement?

If so I can build the ultimate fortress

trading?

Is this a 24 hour server?

and my origional account name is Aeronwolf
it is now Legionbunny

I'll send my player ID when ready
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:41:52 pm »
I already know the perfect location for my home
Is there a possibility of starting a faction/clan/guild of trusted players so you can act as a team and work together on your settlement?

If so I can build the ultimate fortress

trading?

Is this a 24 hour server?

and my origional account name is Aeronwolf
it is now Legionbunny

I'll send my player ID when ready

factions/clans are up to you, side with who ever you want and build a base with them (it will actually make my job alot easier as a the owner with larger groups of players in the same base/property (less bases to protect)

trading again is up to you, make sure to bring backup with you if you do decide to trade with another faction (especially if from my school)

i will try to keep this server up as much as possible tho there will be periods of down time (in a few days/weeks im going to get a new internet cable coming from the wall so it might be down for a few hours)

both of you are added. feel free to invite people you know if you want to expand your clan

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:48:18 pm »
what version is the server running?
also when will it be ready?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:04:32 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 12:15:28 am »
the server is running the latest minecraft update (1.8.3) and will stay with the latest updates as they come out.

the server likely will be ready by tomorrow and if not then on Wednesday

sorry for the delay, fell asleep right when i got home from school. ill try to get the server up when i get home tomorrow, hopefully i will not fall asleep again.

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 01:07:06 am »
If I wasn't so busy with school and an upcoming furmeet, I'd join in. Maybe I'll join-in starting next week. :(
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
ok well the server is running now if those on the white list want to join.

we could use more players tho to make the server have a little more action then just a few 1v1 fights going around

Offline Purrrl

• Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (now running)
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39:43 am »
I'm up for this!

My minecraft name's Khronae, and I've pm'd you the ID in a minute

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (now running) pvp or nonpvp?
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »
well after a bit of thinking i was wondering if people here would rather attempt to have the server be PVP/factions like gameplay, or if they would rather have a large growing town/civilized gameplay. even tho i believe that i do have some great ideas for a pvp server, the type of gameplay that i am expecting would require a lot large community (which is something that i dont think ill be able to achieve, and dont have much trust in my hardware) and pvp servers make it difficult for those who might be off the server for awhile (due to lots of school/work, vacation, busy with something else) to keep up with the rest of the other factions. this will also make the server a lot more relaxing which is something that i could use.

tho its up to who's in the server if they want that and im fine with either choice. (tho it will still be your responsibility to hold up the rules and report any of the rules being broken with proof (only people from furtopia and maybe friends of furtopians will be in the server))

things that will still remain in the server would be the texture pack (still in work) scifi build theme, and supply drops

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 12:26:06 am »
I'm up for PVP
but on the stipulation that we can opt out of pvp
or even better the option of having a pvp base and a non pvp base
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:32:21 am by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline Purrrl

• Male
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:14 am »
I'm up for PVP

Or, more feasibly, have a decent sized non-pvp area and then anywhere outside of that is PVP?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 04:06:41 am »
I'm up for PVP

Or, more feasibly, have a decent sized non-pvp area and then anywhere outside of that is PVP?

How is my idea not feasible? How would you create a non-pvp area without it getting crowded with peoples stuff?

Offline JonasTheDude

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 08:30:54 am »
GrayWolf448, my friend would like to join the server. Username: MKmarkka

We were thinking we could record some sort of survival gameplay :) And it would nice to use your server. (Because there are no one online when I were there (time zones))

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 01:28:23 pm »
well guess thats all the votes. so im going to use purrl and jacoby's suggestion.

like they have stated we will have a large non-pvp city/colony like area and then out of the city/colony limits would be free pvp/griefing with no rules at all. everyone seems to be fine with that.

another thing any preferred biome for the city? (going to move the spawn point to be closer,and less in a deadly area)

my friend would like to join the server. Username: MKmarkka
We were thinking we could record some sort of survival gameplay :) And it would nice to use your server. (Because there are no one online when I were there (time zones))

added him to the white list, make sure he doesnt break things in the safe zone
when you say record survival gameplay you talking about for youtube? (if so im fine with that)

How is my idea not feasible? How would you create a non-pvp area without it getting crowded with peoples stuff?

But i've already started construction of a large base...

it will be pretty crowded, i kinda have the idea of starting a town like place. also i doubt we would ever get that many players.
i can include that in the safezone

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »
But i've already started construction of a large base...

as for the biome of the city...I'd personally prefer something with mountians and cliffs or extreme hills

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (being fixed)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 10:34:45 pm »
ok well apparently my pc thinks its funny to continue crashing. i suspected overheating as the problem but after putting fans all around it it still crashes. currently seeing if it has anything to due with the server by letting it run with the server off.

i have no idea how long my pc i going to stay like this, and hopefully i can get my dad to help fix it sometime. 
the server is going to be down for a few days to a week, never expected to have problems like this when just running a plain server with no mods

Edit: well from what the internet has been telling me all these errors mean that something is wrong with my hard drive, not sure if thats true but im going to keep that in mind. by the looks of this the server is going to be down for awhile maybe a week (but high chance of being more than a week)

sorry for the disappointment of this thing not running, i was looking forward to having a server and actually having something to do beside just sitting around all day doing nothing.  (the server is backed up so all files will be saved)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (Running)
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 10:31:01 pm »
well for those who still might be interested in the server it's finally back up. running on a completely separate pre-build computer now so i dont believe that it will have any issues.

sorry for the downtime again

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
Re: Hosting a Minecraft server (pc) (Running)
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 05:34:23 am »
Is there still a whitelist? If so, could you add me to it? My username is Oktek94
HAKUNA MATATA!