Author Topic: Furtopia Camp Out!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
Furtopia Camp Out!
« on: June 28, 2008, 03:11:29 pm »
Just a heads up, WhiteShepherd and Kada will be having another Furtopia/Furry camp out down at Carter Caves State Park in Kentucky.  Things we plan to do are caving, hiking, open fire cook outs, general socializing having a good time, and of course art! ;D  We are renting a nice bunk house cabin (up to 12 furs max) for camping that is safe from the weather.  The park is VERY VERY beautiful.  You can see pictures of the Furtopia 2007 camp out here: http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org/pictures/Carter_Caves_2007

The camp out will be the 6th and 7th of July (Sunday and Monday) with us heading home Tuesday.  These dates were picked to allow Darkclaw and Blastdav (both in from the UK) to both participate this year.  Due to the fact that we have limited bunkhouse space (12 max) we WILL be taking reservations.  The cost in advance for staying in the bunkhouse will be a very cheap $20 (or $10/night) for both nights (Paypal: fuzzydog@whiteshepherd.net ) or $30 show up on the 6th as long as we still have free space.  If you have your own tent you are welcome to camp for free at our site but we need advanced notice of these plans as we can only have 2 tents.  Furs will be required to plan and bring their own food!

We will be doing a caravan for Carter Caves at 7AM from our house in Fairborn.  If you need a ride there is a good chance you can get one if you can make it here to Fairborn.  Please contact me in advance if you need a ride and I well see what space we will have free.

Helpful tips for new campers:  Caves are VERY hard on shoes.  If you can take a old pair for when your caving.  Knee pads are not required but can be nice for some.  Caves are "completely" dark!  Any flashlight will work but a brighter flashlight will let you see more.  If picking a new flashlight general LED flashlights will work so-so but Luxeon LED flashlights work fantastic due to their good "throw" (distance they can shine without loss of light) and white light.

This has never been a problem in the past but I say this every year as our needed disclaimer.  I reserve the right to ask ANYONE to leave the camp site if I feel said person/s is trying to cause problems or disrupting the enjoyment of others.

My home address is:
Gene Angel
364 Morris Dr
Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: 937-502-1210

Carter Caves Kentucky State Park's address:
344 Caveland Dr
Olive Hill, KY 41164
Phone: 606-286-4411

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)   WhiteShepherd

# of confirmed reservations: 5  (12 max)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:13:00 pm by WhiteShepherd »
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
Re: Furtopia Camp Out!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:40:33 am »
You also need to bring your own eating utensils etc.  The bunkhouse does have electricity and is close to the main camp building where there is the restroom facilities and showers.  The bunk beds are plywood so bring something to put on them to sleep on them.

We will also be bringing our two dogs, Crystal and Sheba.  They will be with me most of the time since I can't go caving.  WS will take photos of the caves for me though. :)

If you bring your dog, they must be kept on leashes at ALL times, well, except when in the bunk house.  Also, you MUST clean up after your own dog!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »
Have fun! I went two years ago (or was it three?) and it was a blast! My only regret was that I had more time to spend.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35:07 am »
You wish you had MORE time to spend, Varg?  LOL  Yeah, it was fun and it was great meeting you there!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:31:26 am »
I'm still regretting having to leave early. I have a dutch oven now, so maybe with some practice I can rival the the white dog...

Who am I kidding (: like that'll ever happen :p
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:21:55 pm »
roflmto

Offline Benjamin

• the admin liger
  • Species: liger
  • Male
    • stripeymaney