Author Topic: Next Furtopia Shirt Run  (Read 27292 times)

Offline Savaaha

• Female
Re: Next Furtopia Shirt Run
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 05:06:23 am »
there was a contest  a couple years ago for new art for the shirts. the entries were great but the old logo is still the best IMO.

Offline Mimmey_Maroui

• nutella addict -_>
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 01:20:12 am »
I'd be in as well (M)

Offline Kwan

• They are my Om-Noms and I want them!
  • Female
    • my stuff on  FA
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 05:33:56 am »
I agree with you, Savaaha---I really like the Furtopia logo, it looks very good on a black t-shirt.

Just to assure anyone me of larger girth, White Shepherd & Kada are very good about getting them in larger sizes (if memory serves, they had shirts up to 5XL last time).
Card-carrying member of the following fan-clubs:
FarRaptor (in capacity of self-proclaimed Number One Fan-Girl)
Blastdav  (in capacity of Official Tormentor)
Mazz      (Furtopian ambassador ne plus ultra)
White Shepherd (Lo, WS laid hands on Furtopia, and it hath arisen)

Offline Rick Woods

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34:04 am »
Large please.  :)
Furry and happy since 14 Feb 2008!  Thanks to Evergreencat for introducing me to the dhole, which is now my fursona.  My avatar is a crop of a badge, drawn by the talented Fluke.

Feel free to hit me on AIM!

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 11:35:02 am »
5XL
Please note there is a difference between  5X and 5XL XL are big and tall.

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:58 am »
I would be interested in getting one of them shirts for myself. Probably size M.

Offline jarekojosh

• Male
Clothes make me not naked.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 05:52:50 am »
MOST DEF want one. XL. Anyone looking for a volunteer to go over this thread and make a list of people who want a shirt and PM-ing anyone, I'll help. I'll help in any way I can.  (:

Offline CiceroKit

• I'll get back to you on that
  • Female
    • My FA page
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 09:21:17 am »
Magical, I sent you a PM and an email to your Google account with links of examples and some other info. If other people want to see examples, here they are:

Artist. Educator. Activist. Writer.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cicerokit/
Cicero Kit on Second Life

Being a furry artist is a sideline; I am a public relations professional by trade as well as adjunct faculty at two technical colleges in Wisconsin. I also freelance as a graphic designer and journalist and have had an editorial comic series published. Anything you want to know? Ask.

Offline CiceroKit

• I'll get back to you on that
  • Female
    • My FA page
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:47 am »
The company I work for also does embroidery (mainly name crests). It does cost extra, but with a decent amount of silk screen shirts, the initial price of a shirt would be pretty low.
Artist. Educator. Activist. Writer.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cicerokit/
Cicero Kit on Second Life

Being a furry artist is a sideline; I am a public relations professional by trade as well as adjunct faculty at two technical colleges in Wisconsin. I also freelance as a graphic designer and journalist and have had an editorial comic series published. Anything you want to know? Ask.

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:55 am »
The furtopian shirts have the Furtopia.org on them with the logo picture. I love mine and wear it all the time, and hope to order at least 2 more if/when WhiteShepherd orders some :D :D :D

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 11:44:06 am »
I can start compiling a list of serious shirt buyers if WhiteShepard or whoever is trustworthy with PayPal money adn stuff to send in the orders. I don't trust myself with so many people's money. Would someone pass the word along to the mods that people want this done?

Once we have an estimated shirt count and how many of each shirt size, we can figure out the prices for each shirt and how much embroidery would cost as extra. Oh and the shipping prices and stuff :3

Think that's cool? EDITED I put the list up :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:30:40 pm by Magical_HATz »

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Kwan

• They are my Om-Noms and I want them!
  • Female
    • my stuff on  FA
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 02:08:49 pm »
5XL
Please note there is a difference between  5X and 5XL XL are big and tall.

Looking at the t-shirt I have from the last run, the label states '5XL' 

In comparing it to my other t-shirts (both regular & 'tall'), it seems that the Furtopia t-shirt is between regular length and 'tall.'

Disclaimer:  I'm just saying this as a heads-up, and am in no way interested in debating how t-shirt manufacturers should label their products, or what standards of lmeasurements t-shirt manufacturers should be using.
Card-carrying member of the following fan-clubs:
FarRaptor (in capacity of self-proclaimed Number One Fan-Girl)
Blastdav  (in capacity of Official Tormentor)
Mazz      (Furtopian ambassador ne plus ultra)
White Shepherd (Lo, WS laid hands on Furtopia, and it hath arisen)

Offline Kos

• Seasonal Posting Syndrome
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 10:03:24 pm »
Considering the activity in this thread and the offers to help with the project I would imagine WS would be right behind us on this.  Likely he is neck deep in life of server issues, still hasn't been that long since the crash, and he will get around to it eventually.  Till then I would be happy to have the old logo style for the new shirt order.  Gives a sense of continuity and lets those who already have theirs stay in fashion as it were.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 12:51:27 am »
Typically the T-shirts are something we do for members because they enjoy them.  They are NOT transfers as all Furtopia t-shirts have been silk screen runs.  I don't mind doing more runs provided we do not lose money on the production.

So.. if we can get at least 10 confirmed orders (if not I'll see what I can do) I'll go ahead and put in a custom order for Furtopia t-shirts.  Gas prices have gone up so I'll have to check to make sure our prices are the same.  I'll post updated prices here in 48hrs.  I also want to see if we can get the embroidery names option back onto the t-shirts.

You asked for it so here it comes! :)  WhiteShepherd

CiceroKit if you would please don't solicit orders especially for Furtopia items. That sort of thing should be cleared in private PM with the Furtopia staff first.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:53:06 am by WhiteShepherd »
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 01:21:11 am »
From Magical_Hatz

List So Far:
Size Not Listed
Weese
Rika
Kos

Small
Magical_HATz x2

Meduim
Duffman! x1
Alexandre x1
Mimmey_Maroui x1
Dusty x1

Large
Kobuk x2-3
Rocket x1
Relaxing Dragon x1
Narei Mooncatt x1
Adrius x1
Mianame x1
Kos x1
Rick Woods x1
Arbrutus x1

XLarge
Black Foot x1-2
jarekojosh x1

2XLarge
Simba The Brandy Man x1
Graystone x1
WildbillTX x1

5XLarge
Acton x1

Everyone, please, if you won't have money to purchase your order, please don't put in an order as we order shirts according to how many members want what sizes.

Offline Duffman!

• No sense of time...
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 02:59:59 am »
Can you please remove my order? My parents wont let me buy one at the momen :(

<--- I IS ARE HAVING DRAGON!!! :D

Knowing your head, is more valuable than knowing your enemy - Me!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 06:15:46 am »
Ok, I've made up my mind. I just want 2 shirts. I don't want a third one.

Offline Sage

• Bunny
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:25 am »
I want 1 shirt 5X (like them big and baggy for wearing with fursuits lol)  (:

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 12:29:23 pm »
5X or 5XL?

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline weese

• In ur Screen, likin' ur pixelz!
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 02:12:57 pm »
Everyone, please, if you won't have money to purchase your order, please don't put in an order as we order shirts according to how many members want what sizes.
How much are the shirts going to be?
My fur code:
FCft3a A-- C- D H+ M? P++ R T+++ W- Z- Sm- RL- a- cl++ d-- e- f h* i++ j p+++ sm-.      <-- Is outdated.

Offline silverfox

• I swear I will remember everything!
  • Male
    • SilverFox's Den
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »
Depending on the price (and I do have the money), I'd want to get at least one medium, maybe two.

Gotta have that backup  (:

Signature by Drasune (the actual drawing)
morg: whats for lunch today?
SilverFox: Pasta Roni :)
morg: XD
morg: that can be your new nickname... silverdapastaronifox
Obligatory furry code

Offline Kos

• Seasonal Posting Syndrome
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 03:51:52 pm »
Kos is confirmed for Brawl!  Ah... that is I am confirmed for one large shirt that I will happily pay real money for.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »
I've been waiting for another order to come up.  Put me down for 2 shirts in 2XL size.

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline Itico

• Aging/Disabled/library advocate, writer, scientist
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 12:03:00 am »
Just to be perfectly clear, CiceroKit is not, and will not take orders.  She was, however, trying to inform the Furtopia staff that she is willing and quite capable of handling any shirt runs that the Furtopia staff might wish to make.

I find some of the actions of the Furtopia staff offensive.  Here I thought that at least some of them were my friends.  And yet, here I find erroneous public warnings posted.

What Cicero is saying is that she is quite capable and willing to work with the Furtopia staff, at no commission, to get the members of Futopia a high quality product.

I think that everyone should be offended at anyone who willingly pays too much for any product that can be made cheaper and at or greater quality.

I would wear a Furtopia shirt.  I have supported this site and recommended it to many even while not active here.  I would appreciate it if that loyalty to those who I thought were my friends was at least returned slightly by not mistreating the woman I care for who, afterall, is only trying to help.

Peace.
"Amicus Plato, amicus Aristoteles, sed magis amica veritas." --Sir Isaac Newton

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 03:23:12 am »
Just to be perfectly clear, CiceroKit is not, and will not take orders.  She was, however, trying to inform the Furtopia staff that she is willing and quite capable of handling any shirt runs that the Furtopia staff might wish to make.

I find some of the actions of the Furtopia staff offensive.  Here I thought that at least some of them were my friends.  And yet, here I find erroneous public warnings posted.

Ok, lets put away the claws and teeth?  We were BOTH trying to protect something very important to us.  So lets try and approach it from that understanding.

What Cicero is saying is that she is quite capable and willing to work with the Furtopia staff, at no commission, to get the members of Futopia a high quality product.

Alright fair enough.  What was confusing to me was the contacting and requests to members to show them samples in private PM/email.  On the first read through it seemed like it was a solicitation towards the members.  I believe some members were confused as well as requests started coming into to her.  In the future just PM offers like this directly to the staff as we have no way of knowing what you are telling the other members in private PM.  I'd also like to say at the same time I am very sorry to you Cicero Kit for my original misunderstanding of your offer.

I think that everyone should be offended at anyone who willingly pays too much for any product that can be made cheaper and at or greater quality.

I would wear a Furtopia shirt.  I have supported this site and recommended it to many even while not active here.  I would appreciate it if that loyalty to those who I thought were my friends was at least returned slightly by not mistreating the woman I care for who, afterall, is only trying to help.

Peace.

In no way was I attempting to mistreat "anyone".  Understand I am just doing what I need to do and that is keep an eye on the runnings of this board.  Also come to expect there is no such thing as a perfect system.  People make mistakes, misunderstandings, and best efforts.  This includes the staff working as well.  Best I can suggest is if you feel someone has wronged you approach them with the respect you feel you should be getting.  Most people will respect you for that.

As far as the t-shirts I have the Furtopia t-shirts done at a local print house.  Even though mail order might be a little cheaper.  I have worked with these guys for years and their quality is very good. Plus they know what I want from them. I get to inspect the shirts before I buy.  If something isn't right they will fix it for me right then before I pay.  That's the advantage of working with a local outfit.  A convention I know last year switched their Teeshirts from the local company to a mail order house.  Cost is about 15% cheaper.  But this company did not make the teeshirt image fill the shirt and made several mistakes.  They ended up going with the smaller images as the company would not print them new shirts.  I'm sure Cicero you do a good job and work hard. Perhaps I may try your shop on a new shirt. It's just personally for me right now I feel safer sticking with our old company that has been good and reliable to us these many years.

WhiteShepherd
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot