Author Topic: Nelson Mandela has died  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Nelson Mandela has died
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:56:19 pm »
Former South African president Nelson Mandela has died, aged 95. His death was announced by current president Jacob Zuma at a media conference a short time ago.

Mr Mandela was hospitalised in Pretoria on June 8 with a recurring lung infection. His condition was initially described as serious but stable, but declined to critical on June 23. He was discharged from hospital on September 1 and continued to receive intensive care at home.

The anti-apartheid hero's health had been declining for two years and he had been hospitalised four times since December 2012. He was hospitalised in March this year  and then again in June with the same lung infection.

Source 1
Source 2

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Nelson Mandela has died
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »
95 Is a grand age I must say O_O

Also, regardless of any opinions some have of him, I think that we should all say rest in piece, in death we are all equal I guess, and that is what he wanted, equality. South Africa is a very different place now because of him ^_^
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:15:04 am »
May he rest in peace, he was a brave soul and he lived a long time. I hope his message is carried forever.  :(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:53:24 am »
I felt very little untill the politians started commenting. It's disheartening to see people like Obama giving speaches about Mandela, talking about admiration and inspiration while pushing policies that are contradictory to Mandela's values and efforts.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:03:07 am »
i find it pretty sad that i don't even know what he did....

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 08:38:41 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

TL;DR, he fought for the right for darker skinned people to be able to vote in South Africa, got thrown in jail for a life sentence, got released after 27 years because even then people were complaining about his imprisonment, fought some more about race, and then became the first dark president. 
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson