Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1511 times)

Offline DazWizzle

• Species: Human
  • Male
Hello all
« on: April 21, 2017, 09:01:22 am »
Howdy to everyone on here. Think this is more the right place to jump in and have a little fun. Main reason I am here is feedback but I am always of for some good conversation, fun on forums.

My main interest in setting up an account here is for a story I have been writing the past 9 years. Finally I am getting the last version of it put to a completed manuscript before final editing and publishing.

I live in Sydney Australia and work full time, have 3 kids and a number of hobbies. During my down time I have been writing and what started off as a simple little story has now become something totally different from what it was. It began as humans but because I never could draw people to a point I liked them I adapted to accommodate using anthro's to substitute my characters. So now as it stands I have created a world full of people called Canidae's (Canid's or Canis for short and common tong in the law of Orion depending on education level of a Canidae). Each Canid is broken up into its own race, the main character being a Vulpes or red fox. I have also piked apart 4 different languages in an attempt to give each region its own unique feel. I will save more story telling for a story specific post though.

Plans after the book is published are to Animate each part (six in total) and write a prequel (also in early draft) and a mobile game that dips in and out of the events of the books.

Hope to meet some interesting people here, make a few friends and get some useful feedback.

Regards,

DazWizzle
Regards,

DazWizzle

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:39 am »
Welcome to furtopia DazWizzle.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Here is a brochure we hand out to all new members. It has some
good info about the forum.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28:30 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:46:18 pm »
Welcome to our forums! I wish you a great time here! I also wish you good luck with your story too and hopefully you'll be able to complete all of your goals!
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 06:20:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I wanted to enter something funny here, but it's 12AM here right now and I'm tired. I'm very sorry for this all. You know what, I'll make sure you'll get a 10% discount on your registration and I'll give you a nice gift card for a funny introduction instead. Deal?

*You obtained: Free introduction joke gift card
*Item info: An gift card for one introduction joke from Michen_S, given by a cheeky feral snow leopard. It was used before you could even put it in your inventory.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:57:15 pm »
Hello and welcome to Furtopia!
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline DazWizzle

• Species: Human
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:24:46 am »
Welcome to the forum! I wanted to enter something funny here, but it's 12AM here right now and I'm tired. I'm very sorry for this all. You know what, I'll make sure you'll get a 10% discount on your registration and I'll give you a nice gift card for a funny introduction instead. Deal?

*You obtained: Free introduction joke gift card
*Item info: An gift card for one introduction joke from Michen_S, given by a cheeky feral snow leopard. It was used before you could even put it in your inventory.

The gift card would have probably expired before I got the chance to use it anyway.
Regards,

DazWizzle