Author Topic: Furries on "Psych"... sort of.  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Firehazard

• Slightly used and mostly confused!
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
Furries on "Psych"... sort of.
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »
*blows dust off a bad metaphor* Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here.

Anyway, waaaaaaaay back when I first heard about That One CSI Episode, I joked that Monk could have gotten more mileage out of a furry con episode. Monk ended a few years ago without that ever happening, but its fellow detective comedy Psych made a reference last month that I never expected.

In the episode, Shawn and Gus, a pair of police consultants, pay a visit to the coroner (who's been established as a bit ... odd; I guess you have to be to have a job that involves sticking your hands inside dead people all the time) and ask him to pull up the autopsy reports on someone they think might be connected to the current case. He opens his laptop and... this was on the screen...

...accompanied by the sound of someone saying "Meow!"

He quickly switches over to the other window and nervously asks, "Did you see that?"

Gus: *bad liar face* No.
Shawn: Yes.

I don't think the scene is on YouTube, but those of you who have access to Hulu can see the episode here if you're quick (it "expires" and becomes limited to Hulu Plus subscribers only tomorrow).

Funny thing, it's been a whole month and I'm apparently the first one to notice. The only other place on the Internet I could find mention of the scene was a blog that catalogs fake websites on TV shows. Sadly, in this case the network did not go to the trouble of making a real version of the page, although they did register the domain.
Quote from: Savaaha
We have a 27in westinghouse hd flat widescreen TV, Tak has it connected up so its our TV and his comp monitor. We had it since 2009 and its going great.

Art by me.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: Furries on "Psych"... sort of.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »
Well this isn't too good for furries. Some creepy guy that deals with dead people all the time is apparently obsessed with a sexual "Furry" website. This does not put our fandom in good light unfortunately. Also, I never watched phsyc. Never really liked those types of shows...
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »
This probably won't be that bad. It's been a month already and nobody's said anything about it. Ignore it and it'll go away.

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »
This probably won't be that bad. It's been a month already and nobody's said anything about it. Ignore it and it'll go away.
Shim is right. This isn't that bad, especially compared to that CSI episode. But it's still sorta sad to me that t.v. must point us out as weird sex fiends, even in small, almost subliminal messages like this.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 07:38:44 pm »

Agreed. I hardly think this is anything to worry about. Even if this was pretty bad, We would've heard a big ruckus long ago from all over the fandom on numerous message boards and so forth. The fact that we haven't means that the fandom has a backbone and has decided not to let this bother us. ;)

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24:01 pm »
I see nothing wrong all it says is "cuddle". No sexual references or anything. So it will probably be completely overlooked.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:27:10 pm »
I see nothing wrong all it says is "cuddle". No sexual references or anything. So it will probably be completely overlooked.
Although I agree it will be overlooked, I wish to point out one thing to you Wanderer. Above where it says Furries, it reads "PleasureGuide.net" That's where your "sexual implications" come in. I dont think it will be noticed by anyone, but the fact that it was there is saddening to me, although not surprising.

PLUR

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »
I thought this show from the UK did a nice job.

http://youtu.be/MHh3vwaXVoA
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)