Author Topic: UNATCO intelligence force  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
UNATCO intelligence force
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:22:03 am »
(United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition)

I was looking through the old RP's I participated in and remembered an awesome short-lived RP we were in called 'The Agency' the whole thing passed my mind until I went back to playing my ancient as hell copy of 'Deus Ex' (the first one, not Invisible war or (god forbid) human revolution). It hit me that a crossover of the two seemed like a great Idea, so here is the premise.

Set in a dystopian world during the 2050s, you are in a class of anti-terrorist agents employed by the United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO), Specifically you are the Intel and stealth forces, which is the fancy way of saying you guys are spies. All of you have been in the academy since you can remember, with vague memories of your parents abandoning you, dying, or otherwise not being there. You are the first draft of an experimental new type of soldier, nanotechnologically enhanced and augmented.
  At this time, UNATCO is dealing with the Gray Death, a worldwide plague. Although there is a cure, called Ambrosia, the development and distribution of it has been slow. The National Secessionist Force (NSF), claims the cure is being blocked by secret organizations, so they have taken terrorist countermeasures.

Rules-
-furtopias rules
-no godmodding
-limit one character (For now)
-Your weapons and items will be based on the game, but I will determine what you find when you loot bodies (and you'd better if you want to have ammo)
-locks will have a difficulty percentage(or infinite), same for security keypads, these must have a tool used on them for every 10% (tool is lockpick for locks, multitools for keypads)
-doors will have a strength percentage, depending on this you may be able to break it instead of unlocking, the percentage determines how hard it is to break, please note that breaking things will alert any nearby enemies under normal circumstances
-you WILL die, thankfully, this RP is a lot like a video game in that if you die, A retcon point will revive you later, if you reach a retcon point and have any dead players, they come back, if all players die, mission resets from last retcon point.
-PLEASE don't read the storyline section of the wiki, some of my story is based off of the in game story
-enemies are based on the game as well.

Specialties:
(there are a few you may pick from, each one affords you particular skills)
tech -allows you to manipulate computers and unlock electronic keypads more easily as well as security systems, may later afford the ability to hack automated gun turrets and security robots, you start with 5 multi tools and a riot prod(taser...knocks people out with two hits, stuns people with one, stun is long enough to use a few melee attacks to kill them)
medic -heal others (agents can only heal themselves) as well as later being able to temporarily Invuln one teammate (has a cooldown on the invuln) as well as revive teammates without use of a retcon point (only once per mission) you start the game with four medkits and a pistol.
scout -You are more deadly with melee weapons, and more resistant to toxins, and you can swim significantly further than a normal agent,later you gain the ability to temporarily stealth.you start the game with a mini-crossbow with 1 clip of tranquilizer darts.
Saboteur - you are more effective with picking locks and laying, disarming, and using explosives.you later gain the ability to temporarily deploy an EMP field around yourself.you start the game with three lockpicks, an EMP grenade, gas grenade, and a frag grenade (grenades can also be placed on a wall tripwire style)
Heavy weapons -You start the game with a rocket launcher for free, using one doesn't slow you down, and later you gain the ability to make your rockets home in as well as a nifty ability that let you bodyslam any door open once per mission.
sniper -you start the game with a sniper rifle, you are extremely accurate and later gain the ability to see through most walls.

character sheet

Name:
Clothing(standard wear/raid gear):
Personality:
Backstory:
Nationality(It's funded by all of the governments):
Specialty-
Weapons:(everyone starts with a ONLY combat knife and their perk weapon)
Other(no vehicles):(everyone starts with one medkit and a bio flashlight(it is integrated into your head on your right temple)

I'll list in game enemies, weapons and items later

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:41:47 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
Re: UNATCO intelligence force
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:17:38 am »
weapons-

Melee
-dragon tooth sword (restricted, heavy weapon damage) (1x4)

non fatal-
-pepper spray (1x1)
clip-12
-police Baton (1x1)
-Riot prod(1x1)
clip-4
Sidearms
-10mm Stealth Pistol (built in silencer, lower damage) (1x1)
clip-10
-10mm Pistol(1x1)
clip-6

Shotguns (breaks doors 30% and less)
clip-4

Rifles
clip-6
-plasma rifle (heavy weapons damage, fully automatic, restricted) (2x4)
clip-12

Heavy weapons (note, this category can break down any door with a percentage of less than 100)
-Rocket Launcher (2x4)
clip-1

Grenades (can be laid out with tripwire or thrown)
Scramble-causes enemy robots to become temporarily allied, attacking your enemies, usually results in the target having extremely low health. (1x1)

restricted weapons- you know that last achievement thats nigh impossible to get that you need to get a game 100% complete? restricted weapons are a bit like that.

Alt ammo- some of the weapons here have alternate ammunition types, as a general rule, all of these except crossbow are restricted as another note, ammunition does not consume inventory space
-sabot-fits shotguns, armor piercing, excellent against robots
-20mm HE-fits assault rifles, behaves like a grenade, only more powerful.
-flare darts-fits mini crossbow, lights up areas, catches enemy attention, lights enemies on fire.
-tranquilizer darts -fits mini crossbow, non lethal
-WP rockets- fits rocket launcher, explosion significantly less powerful, on impact creates a cloun that lights enemies on fire (or allies if you are not careful)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:17:23 am by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:29 am »
Enemies (this list will be modified as you progress, for now it will only include up to mission one enemies)

Turrets-They can be either on the ceiling or on the ground and are almost invulnerable to all damage except explosives or sabot rounds, they can be disabled via EMP. They are always coordinated with a security camera or alarm sounder panel, otherwise they do not fire and remain neutral.

class 1 security bot-
An inexpensive security bot, a favorite of Third World countries and corporate security divisions, This bot is the first hostile bot you will see, It has four small machine guns, firing the powerful 7.62x51mm NATO round. It also rolls around on tank treads instead of legs, making it deceptively fast but limiting its AI and giving it a noticeably slower reaction time. Despite this, it is just as dangerous as other security bots if you get too close.

class 2 security bot-The bot's armament consists of an air-cooled mini-gun mounted under the main hull, which fires 7.62x51mm NATO rounds. The bot can be deployed either outside or inside, as long as there is enough room for it to maneuver. It also possesses a signal processor for better target acquisition. The only phrases it can say are: "Scanning Area", "Target Acquired" and "Target Lost".

class 1 heli-drone-These bots carry a lighter armament than their ground based counterpart, as well as having less armor, they fire a 9mm sub machine gun built into their frame as well they are incredibly hard to hit once they deviate from their patrol route to deal with intruders.

NSF Troopers- Para-military, most will carry handguns or mini crossbows, though you will encounter a few with sniper rifles. their first action is almost always to trigger an alarm if they are indoors so take them down quickly or you'll get swarmed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:18:49 pm by whtwolf »

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:47:18 am »
I'm in. I'll get a card up later.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:43 am »
was wondering if you wanted to do the same thing we did in "the agency"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:30:11 pm »
This one is in as well. and Hey I liked Human Revolution. Yes  I will admit there are a few things they could have done better, but over all it was a good game :P
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »
Name: Maraas
Species: Warg
Look(physical body): Stands 6'1" and clocks in at 142lb. Has dark brown fur with a reddish tint to it. Has stormy blue eyes and a scar above his right eye.
Clothing(standard wear/raid gear): Standard Wear     Raid Gear(minus the rebreather mask)
Personality: Critical of those around him, doesn't tolerate failure(extremely so from himself), can be suave one second and cold hearted the next. Has a hard time making friends and is generally offput by the idea, but not entirely opposed of it. Likes to study situations and choose the best outcome suiting him also likes to analyze his fellow squad mates as well.
Backstory: He was born in America (Now an Ex-Pat) to a German mother and American father, Grew up in the Upper-middle class part of his city, spent a lot of time after school free-running with a group of kids from school. However at the age of 14 his parents sent him to the Academy for fear of his father's past crimes catching up with him. At the age of 17 he received a letter of his parent's passing and it was just as his father feared, struck with grief he used (and continues to use) this as motivation for success.
Nationality: He identifies himself as German
Specialty- Scout
Weapons:Combat Knife and mini crossbow
Other(no vehicles):(everyone starts with one medkit and a bio flashlight(it is integrated into your head on your right temple)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:35:43 am by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »
One thing to change "standard wear" refers to your street clothes. You know, the non uniform stuff you wear when not working?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »
I know, that is my street cloths.. unless I pasted the wrong link

Edit: I just forgot to put a space between the links.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:11:21 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »
was wondering if you wanted to do the same thing we did in "the agency"

Hmm... Yes. In a way. I'll be using a different character though.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 05:39:31 pm »
Name: Fang Youngblood
Species: Rottweiler
Look(physical body): athletic build, but slightly heavilier (is that a word?) muscled. Black with purple markings instead of brown.  Has 2 black chrome lip rings on the right side of her lower lip, and 2 black chrome ear-rings in her right ear. Might have other places pierced... ;) piercing gold eyes with a tribal tattoo under left eye. Has a tribal holo-tattoo running down the length of her left arm. (Holographically projected from the ink, making a tattoo that seems to float over her fur. (If I need to remove this, due to the tech not being advanced enough, just let me know.)
Standard- (minus the glasses.)

Raid- (purple and black, not blue and black.)

Personality: outwardly acts like a punk, and rebels against authority, but is surprisingly caring inwardly. Always says what she believes needs to be said, no matter who it is to.
Backstory: an army brat, Fang left her parents as soon as possible... She roamed the streets of a few cities, but was taken in by UNATCO before long.
Nationality(It's funded by all of the governments): American! Hell yeah!
Specialty- heavy weapons
Weapons- rocket launcher and combat knife
Other(no vehicles):
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:12:18 am by Sledge »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »
A Rottweiler body-slamming down doors? I'm kind of intimidated...I like it
I wont be able to post my character sheet until tonight because copy/pasting on an iPhone is a pain

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 06:06:55 pm »
Placeholder
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:04 pm »
I wont be able to post my character sheet until tonight because copy/pasting on an iPhone is a pain

Yes. Yes, it is. It is much quicker than an Xbox controller though. That's all I used for a while. Can't copy/paste at all on that...

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:46 pm »

Yes. Yes, it is. It is much quicker than an Xbox controller though. That's all I used for a while. Can't copy/paste at all on that...
ouch...well looks like i'm creating my character now, tw you liik kinda like a mech, but sleeker (mechs exist as cyborgs...picture robocop, unfortunately they are being phased out due to our experimental introduction, where as mechs are clunky robotic hardware with crime fighting software, augmentation has fitted the software into our smoother running biological systems)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 12:15:34 am »
Name:Holly veiler
Species:Bunny
Look(physical body):she Is short, about 4' 10", she has a belly button ring as well as a few piercings she'll tell you about if you ask, she is athletic, and a pretty skinny, green eyes, black fur, reddidh highlights,.
(the guy wearing the belly shirt...that's kinda her look, but boots instead of tennis shoes, short shorts instead of pant's)

Personality:She is A little cynical, overly sarcastic, and sometimes flirty. She enjoys alternative and classic rock, her choice in t-shirts often reflects that.
Backstory:She mostly grew up in the academy, she remembers her parents dying in a car crash when she was two and living a boring orphanage life, only to be taken out of the  orphanage  when she was five and put in the academy.
Nationality(It's funded by all of the governments):Australian
Specialty-Saboteur
Weapons:combat knife and an EMP grenade, gas grenade, and a frag grenade
Other(no vehicles):(everyone starts with one medkit and a bio flashlight(it is integrated into your head on your right temple) 3 lockpicks
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:54:48 am by whtwolf »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 12:25:24 am »
She... Has no name? Oh, and I edited mine a bit.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45:57 am »
Oops...i'll get right on that
As for your sheet changes...i like it, but you still need to change your weapons so that you have a rocket launcher and a combat knife

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:11 am »
Who would do that to a RHCP shirt!!!! poor poor shirt...  :'(
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 04:36:27 am »
Who would do that to a RHCP shirt!!!! poor poor shirt...  :'(
Better torn and still worn than tossed away
It had battery acid spilled on it

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 07:16:23 am »
Fixed.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:07 am »
Well as soon as  wise gets his sheet up i'll finish posting equipment, then i'll post up the IC

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »
Name: Rex (Codename: Deadshot)
Species: Doberman
Looks: Standard tan and black doberman coat. Crystal blue eyes. Horizontal scar across right cheek.
Clothing: (casual wear: http://m.aliexpress.com/item/659841021.html?tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail one on the bottom right) (Raid gear: http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sharpshooter_carver_DS3.jpg )
Personality: Tends to point out others' incompetence and most of the time places himself higher than the others and is also not afraid to speak what's on his mind. He considers himself leadership material and will seize the opportunity to lead when he can. He acts serious almost all the time and has a dry sense of humor. A strategist at heart.
Backstory: TBR (if that's alright)
Nationality: Canadian (but without the accent)
Specialty: Sniper
Weapons: Sniper rifle and combat knife
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:20:34 am by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 03:55:52 pm »
Getting a 404 on your standard wear
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »
Let me know if it works now.  (: