Author Topic: Alphas (OOC)  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Alphas (OOC)
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 12:00:56 am »
i will be on around 3:30 pm pacfic time or 4:30 depends on math or chemistry  HW other than that i should catch on easy
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 12:01:40 am »
Because I'm going off of what I've made myself, and two of them seemed full of potential to be OP'd. One of them is open for use now, though... Now I'm considering adding the FAS .410.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 12:09:08 am »
Why not a mix of self made and real weaponry?
I really just want a light shotgun as a secondary, but I suppose I can make do with a pistol
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 12:20:34 am »
The FAS .410 is a light shotgun... I'll give you the same deal I gave ColonelMustang... Convince me.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 12:40:32 am »
Well a shotgunis first and foremost a close range weapon, true I am playing a movement based class, but the decreased armor means that I really won't have more than a few seconds in a firefight to draw a bead and bag my target

While I may be able to pick others off from a distance with the sniper I picked...well take a look, It doesn't fit the characters personality, She's insane and will avoid a tactical waiting approach for the simplest of reasons

it's boring

I do have a particular reason why I do have the sniper rifle though. While she is indeed mad...she refuses to let a target get away.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 01:26:29 am »
Well....

Alright. Luckily for you, part of the convincing had already been done by yours truly...

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 01:33:05 am »
FYI, everybody; The Wise one is my AGM. When I'm not around, he is the law.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »
Well, I said I'd start it this afternoon, but... Wise has a fairly important role, and has yet to post his card, so... We will start when he posts his card.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 07:07:07 pm »
Name: Blades Tavare
Species: Raccowolf
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 180 lb.
Appearance: Gray fur with blue tribals all across the left side of his face torso, and arm and white on his stomach, emerald green eyes, brown hair with long bangs that covers his right eye, striped black tail and black raccoon mask, wolfish teeth.
Alpha or Valkrie: Alpha
Attitude: Arrogant, hot-headed, but kind and caring if you get through to him...like cold weather despite his asthma, always has his drawing book and some pencils on hand, likes to keep his mind moving whether it be through conversation or deep thoughts.
Clothing: Black and white basketball shoes, torn black jeans with a wallet chain with skull and cross keychains, black and dark green vest open to his fur, silver cross necklace.
Power: Telekinesis
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:50:28 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »
T-Yoshi: you and Furenzied had practically the same character... Just slightly different personality...

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 09:20:36 pm »
i guess the start is postponed till tommorow?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 09:26:47 pm »
Yes, Wht, you can... But, like I said with Furenzied, using them sequentially will likely result in loss of consciousness or even death.

Colonel: unless you can convince me to place the afterburner in this RP, I'd rather you use either the Valken or Predator II... I thought the afterburner was too OP'd.

how soon can I use one after the other?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 10:54:02 pm »
i guess the start is postponed till tommorow?

It would appear so...

Yes, Wht, you can... But, like I said with Furenzied, using them sequentially will likely result in loss of consciousness or even death.

Colonel: unless you can convince me to place the afterburner in this RP, I'd rather you use either the Valken or Predator II... I thought the afterburner was too OP'd.

how soon can I use one after the other?

It depends on which they are and the strain you enact on yourself with each.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 11:01:12 pm »
burst speed, full body around 10 yards

minor disassembly

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »
ok make sure to pm on anything i miss that is important. i shouldn't have much HW tommorow and will most likely be on 3:30 or 4:00 around there im really looking forward to the story of this RP i think it will go a long way :)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »
I decided to swap my power to create a bit of difference in character.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 11:56:49 pm »
burst speed, full body around 10 yards

minor disassembly

How minor?

ok make sure to pm on anything i miss that is important. i shouldn't have much HW tommorow and will most likely be on 3:30 or 4:00 around there im really looking forward to the story of this RP i think it will go a long way :)

I'll do what I can.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 12:06:57 am »
firearms

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 12:17:27 am »
Not to be a horse's posterior, but some of the firearms are extremely complex... What I'm getting at is that there're so many variables, it'll be hard to predict. Not to mention that you'd have to concentrate on said weapon for some time. A Valkrie isn't just going to sit there and let you disassemble their weapons.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:40 am »
Not to be a horse's posterior, but some of the firearms are extremely complex... What I'm getting at is that there're so many variables, it'll be hard to predict. Not to mention that you'd have to concentrate on said weapon for some time. A Valkrie isn't just going to sit there and let you disassemble their weapons.

no...they actually are not
they require a high degree of precision, they may be complicated to create, but they are by no means complex

besides...I only have to target the trigger assembly, the catch for the clip, or in the case of a full auto weapon the pin assembly in order to render a firearm useful as only a club

all of those are a series of extremely simple hinges pins and pivots

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 02:08:33 am »
Ok, here's the deal: burst speed for your whole body would drain a fair amount, then throw in dissassembly a few seconds later, you'll be unable to use burst speed again without knocking yourself out. I'm only limiting use of 2 powers to prevent power-gaming. Now, please leave it at that. I don't want to use my rule- the IC thread hasn't even started yet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:14:05 am by Sledge »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »
Name: Wise B. Amador
Species: Wolf (10% fox)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Appearance: http://fav.me/d59j9rm
Alpha or Valkrie: Alpha
Attitude: Very quiet most of the time, however finds a way to be the perfect leader. Can have a bit of an attitude at times for good reason. Seems a bit philosophical sometimes with his past experience and tries to help others understand what might be heading their way in life. (More to be revealed in game)
Clothing: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnxd36Mdp61qmwuxco1_500.png
Power(s): Pyrokenesis, Deconstruction, Telekenesis.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »
Awesome. Nice jacket btw. You're in. IC thread will be up soon.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:57 am »
Wht: I see your point... I do... But, that would have to be in much higher ambient heat for all the gasoline to be off-gassing that much. The Molotov could be heated that much, yes, but it would simply set the rest of the gasoline on fire under the circumstances. Fire vaporizes gasoline anyways. That's simply how stuff burns. Now no more arguing... In thread... or I shall have to enforce my rule.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 02:37:42 am »
Wht: I see your point... I do... But, that would have to be in much higher ambient heat for all the gasoline to be off-gassing that much. The Molotov could be heated that much, yes, but it would simply set the rest of the gasoline on fire under the circumstances. Fire vaporizes gasoline anyways. That's simply how stuff burns. Now no more arguing... In thread... or I shall have to enforce my rule.

thenI can argue here?

ambient heat no. Asphalt has a relatively low thermal conductivity, that makes it more resistant to temperature change depending on how long it's been raining, and the conditions before the rain began, it could easily be warm enough to reach gasolines relatively low boiling point.

Even if it's been raining for hours though...you made a mistake
you threw a grenade at a gas station, they  have a constant invisible cloud of vapor around the pump area...which I was pulling away from
the gasoline at a station IS in an enclosed container under the ground...with various vents for the vapor, the resulting explosion would make my gas river look like dollar general firecrackers and likely wipe out at least one city block, kill both of us, and send shrapnel flying up to two miles away