Author Topic: Fursuit design  (Read 10750 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Fursuit design
« on: May 27, 2013, 06:28:09 am »
Although it will be a good while until i can even start making money for a suit, i was thinking of at least designing one in advance, i would like a bear of course, but i want it to be unique and stand out. And i need to make sure i am completely happy with the name, i have always been a fan of realistic fursuits but the toony ones have sparked my interest recently, i am open to suggestions, Kobuk, you are the master of the fursuit section, haha  :D i bet you could publish all of the fursuit guides you have posted.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:30:47 am by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Fursuit design
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:33:37 am »
The main question is: What do you want your fursuit to look like or have? There are many different types and species of bears.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:20:05 pm »
I really like realistic ones but i would like something with interesting colours, (Sorry colors haha!) something that's fun you know? I was thinking of a more stereotypical bear head shape like brown, grizzly or black bear style, clear defined muzzle and ears, rather than the polar bear kinda look, i suppose i could do a polar bear in that style though  (: I guess i could do a realistic one with my olde tyme theme but it seems kinda well...dull to me.

i dunno. Any thoughts on a a name at least?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:29:50 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 01:28:32 pm »
I wouldn't worry about a name yet. There's no rush to that. But you can follow my Commission tutorial.......
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk%27s-fursuit-guides/how-to-commission-a-fursuit-version-2-0/
.......Steps 1-11, 18, and 22, to help design your suit.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »
I wouldn't worry about a name yet. There's no rush to that. But you can follow my Commission tutorial.......
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk%27s-fursuit-guides/how-to-commission-a-fursuit-version-2-0/
.......Steps 1-11, 18, and 22, to help design your suit.

Thanks dewd !  ;) how long did it take you to do all that? you should think about publishing it or something similar. :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 01:34:34 pm »
Many months and year's worth of revisions, additions, edits, and deletions.  x_x

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »
Sounds...fun? haha!  :D

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20:28 am »
:( That moment when you are looking for bear pics to help design a fursuit and you come across a picture of a hunted and gutted bear.  >:(

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 11:34:16 am »
I would love to have:

This type of body, I like bear neck V's, i also like the fur colour in this one (made by lacy)

With this type of head, I like the longer muzzle

Or these types of head, (The first pic is made by lacy too, i like lacy!)

Of course i would never want to copy someone else's suit though;) , and i would get a drawing done too  :) plus its quite a long time until i can even properly think about it.  also sorry for spamming y'all with pictures  x_x
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:51:57 am by The bear guy »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:52:55 am »
It's not uncommon for people to get one fursuit part made by a maker, then a different fursuit part made by another maker, etc.  I see this done from time to time. People tend to like or dislike various things from various makers.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:49 am »
wouldn't it be difficult to match the colours exactly though?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »
And as for a name, I was thinking of maybe, Banjo?   (: Thoughts?

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »
And as for a name, I was thinking of maybe, Banjo?   (: Thoughts?

Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 05:09:26 pm »
Hahaha!  :D I watched that the other night, and before then i wanted a banjo for my birthday, so it just sorta popped into my head, plus banjo and bear begin with a B.

Also i remember seeing, "Paddle faster, I hear banjo's" On a funny T-Shirt website, i thought about getting it for a laugh.

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »
Hahaha!  :D I watched that the other night, and before then i wanted a banjo for my birthday, so it just sorta popped into my head, plus banjo and bear begin with a B.

Also i remember seeing, "Paddle faster, I hear banjo's" On a funny T-Shirt website, i thought about getting it for a laugh.

My name starts with a B. 0.o

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:28 pm »
You can read my mind?

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 06:49:44 pm »
You can read my mind?

Yes I can Stefan...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 11:21:06 pm »
wouldn't it be difficult to match the colours exactly though?

Yes, that can be a bit tricky. For example, a person wants a husky fursuit made with a certain shade of light brown or amber colored fur, but they decide to get the head made by a different maker. It may or may not be possible for one maker to match the same colored fur used by another maker.

Getting fursuit parts made by different makers can be hit or miss. It's not just getting colors to match up, but maybe also styles, sizes, or something else. It really depends on what species you get made, design of the suit, color/fur pattern choices, etc.

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 12:50:43 am »
When I hear or read, "Banjo"...I think of Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie. That's because I really loved those games, the first two anyways lol. And dunno if you know him or not =p being as he is a bear.

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 06:14:21 am »
Yes I can Stefan...
x_x Stay away from me  :D haha!

Yes, that can be a bit tricky. For example, a person wants a husky fursuit made with a certain shade of light brown or amber colored fur, but they decide to get the head made by a different maker. It may or may not be possible for one maker to match the same colored fur used by another maker.

Getting fursuit parts made by different makers can be hit or miss. It's not just getting colors to match up, but maybe also styles, sizes, or something else. It really depends on what species you get made, design of the suit, color/fur pattern choices, etc.

Is it possible to ask the first maker exactly the type of fur they are using, then ask the second maker to use that? It seems a little awkward  and daunting.  :o I suppose i could just make sure that the maker i use knows what type of head i would like.

When I hear or read, "Banjo"...I think of Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie. That's because I really loved those games, the first two anyways lol. And dunno if you know him or not =p being as he is a bear.
I have heard of him, but honestly you only reminded me of him just then, I hope people wouldn't think i based my character on him.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:19:22 am by The bear guy »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 10:26:11 am »
Is it possible to ask the first maker exactly the type of fur they are using, then ask the second maker to use that? It seems a little awkward  and daunting.   I suppose i could just make sure that the maker i use knows what type of head i would like.

Yes, I suppose you could ask the first fursuit maker what type of fur they used, where they got it from, pile length, etc.  Then you could pass that info. to the second maker so that they could make any additional fursuit pieces you wanted.

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »
Yes I can Stefan...
x_x Stay away from me  :D haha!

No Stefan I'm afraid I can't do that.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »
2001: a space odyssey reference?

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 02:23:41 am »
I have heard of him, but honestly you only reminded me of him just then, I hope people wouldn't think i based my character on him.

Lol oooh, I see. At least you know him xD! But yeah, I dunno how others that do know him; would think about your having the same name...or whatnot. I don't think it'd be that bad of a thing =p But whatever you go with shall be awesome. I hope you get your suit all kinds of nice lol ~when~ you do ^_^

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26:17 am »
I don't know why but I think you might like a realistic partial and then wear some clothes like the ones in your icon and call him something sophisticated like 'Charles'.
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!