Author Topic: This is sad....and quite possibly why minds are so closed  (Read 9049 times)

Offline Konu

• Male
This is sad....and quite possibly why minds are so closed
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »
Alrighty, so I found this video going through all my little video feed sites, but thats beside the point hehe.  This to my knowledge is completely serious and has happened....and if that is true, then it truly is sad.  This is one of the reasons why such things, groups, people, fandoms, etc are being frowned upon.  Im not battling religion or saying something like Christianity is evil, Im religious myself, and have strong beliefs; but with that aside, how can one take such a general topic so to say and warp it into this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNb3xJFzkc

Offline Fenny the Fox

Re: This is sad....and quite possibly why minds are so closed
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:42:18 pm »
Some people are way way too serious. I mean...just, wow. And that the people take him seriously is sad. :(

That aside. The editing of the vid was actually hilarious.  (:
Jigglypuff is a demon!? lol x_x
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Tsumetaiyuki

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »
lol  this is nothing.

one of my moms old friends is one of those super christians. according to her carebears are the devils messangers teaching children how to use demonice / supernatural powers.
Also david the gnome. An older cartoon if u dont rember its about a little gnome that lives in the woods and goes arround helping injured animals and such. Well apparently he also is a servant of the devil for using super natural powers and being a supernatural being himself.

people like this just make me lol. It makes it hard to belive that in this day in age if they could really be serous and belive all the crap they say.
Cold Heartless Cruel Nazi.

For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee

Offline Adrius

• Rule every moment. Seize every day.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:25:05 pm »
I just pictured an army of demonic carebears running amok. Other than that, I used to take religion classes in the Catholic church. Some of my teachers were like this. I actually remember one person telling me I wasn't allowed to play any video games because it was too close to the real act. So,apparently if I play Super Mario Bros. and jump around on bricks collecting coins, i'm doing that in real life too.

Of course, I was told by that same teacher I couldn't play Dungeons and Dragons or read Harry Potter because it would turn me into a spell slinging satanist or something. And now I play World of Darkness... heh.

As the OP said, nothing against any religion, but like Freud said, sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

"Like reflections on the page
The world's what you create."
-Dream Theater "Wither"

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:47:41 pm »
that reminds me of a friend whos parents think that pokemon are demonic. they took away everything pokemon from him; his games, toys, stuffies, & even his own Pokemon comic! they said pokemon are demonic, & since they are deeply (& i mean DEEPLY) religious (Jehova's Witness), they wont allow anything like that into their house. but my friend always loved pokemon, & even told me to make him a Breloom in my comic.

i got nothing against them, its what they think. it may be a religious thing. then again im not sure, i also got nothing against religion either.

but come on, does Jigglypuff look like a demon to you?
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:24:01 pm »
XD How Absurd!  As always, My Atheist views might affend some people. So I will keep them to my self.

LMTO  :D

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:10 pm »
but come on, does Jigglypuff look like a demon to you?

Ah, yes, Jigglypuff possession. Nasty stuff.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:34:24 pm »
I never knew it was possible to reach negative IQ... but after seeing the descriptions of that, I just did! Now I'm too afraid to click that link :P... I'd probably suffer irreversible brain damage.
Some people need to not take everything to seriously to the point of complete and utter absurdity. I mean, the moon being made out of CHEESE makes more sense than this!
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »
lol,

*keeps to himself*

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:34:48 pm »
I never knew it was possible to reach negative IQ... but after seeing the descriptions of that, I just did! Now I'm too afraid to click that link :P... I'd probably suffer irreversible brain damage.
Some people need to not take everything to seriously to the point of complete and utter absurdity. I mean, the moon being made out of CHEESE makes more sense than this!

It makes perfect sense.

One fictional fantasy is attacking another fictional fantasy!  :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 09:39:25 pm »
*gives -50 karma to that YT vid*  :P  :P  :P

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:18 pm »
"My people perish for the lack of knowledge."

Ignorance is ignorance, no matter what stamp you put on it.  I've seen non-religious people that thought that various things (including cartoons) were evil, stupid, dangerous, etc. for all different reasons.  
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline Tsumetaiyuki

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 01:38:17 am »
I wasn't allowed to play any video games because it was too close to the real act. So,apparently if I play Super Mario Bros. and jump around on bricks collecting coins, i'm doing that in real life too.

if this was true i would head butt brick walls all day. Ide be rich after a while and unfortunatly probably partially retarded but hey ide be rich.  gold coins would sell for a ton now days   lol
Cold Heartless Cruel Nazi.

For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 03:10:33 am »
I used to to be much like that during my early days as a Christian, the problem I see it all law and no Gospel. 

Offline Zenith

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 04:04:21 am »
Uhh...Apparently, he has nothing better to talk about   :P

Now, the POWER RANGERS; those are the REAL demons!!

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 06:16:43 pm »
This is supposed to be the noble human?

Oy. *headdesk*

I stopped caring about religion a LONG time ago.

Guess I'm a Satanist cause I have Saurian in my title.
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Rushnerd

• Male
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 07:16:32 pm »
Your children need to know there's a devil, he hates them, and wants to ruin their life.

Seriously though, I hope people aren't taking this idiot pastor's word as the view of an entire region. There always will be extremists, it's just fun to watch.

Now he did have a point on this "internet" business, YOUR ALL EVIL!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:18:48 pm by Rushnerd »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:04:51 am »
Ah, organised religion. Forcing the masses into beliving things through fear since the dawn of man.

And that's not trying to stab at any particular religion, if you truely truely believe in your god and your faith all the better for you, I congratulate you. But if you have to force others to believe the same thing you do and desperately need to see evil in everything that doesn't mesh with your own view of right and wrong it seems to me that you are not doing the work of a supreme and holy god. You are seeking to subjugate and control and that is true evil.

To anyone who has any doubts at all about your faith I would ask that you step back, stop taking things so seriously, look at your life, the world around you and the lives of others in the world. Try to see it all from an objective view and always ask yourself what is the reason behind it all?
I would ask you look at other faiths, really study, look, and seek answers for yourself. Don't rely on other people to tell you what the truth is or isn't, never stop asking questions and never be entirely content with one view.

If god exists he made this universe for us to explore and study and gave us a natural inquisitive nature to use in exploring our universe. Use what god has givien you and seek your own answers to your own questions, don't ask the questions you have of anyone but yourself.
Never be afraid to ask the questions that sare you and never be afraid to accept the answers you know are true simply because they don't match what everyone else is saying.

"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -Tyler Durden.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 08:34:21 pm »
I laughed in the I hope this guy is kidding way when I saw this.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:45 am »
This, if I am not mistaken, is Kent Hovind.  I'm not sure if he's an idiot or a con artist, but I suspect he's both. This video is nothing compared to some of his other stuff.  His seminars are so packed with lies and falsehoods that I honestly find it hard to watch. And with the amount of research required to put together his seminars, he almost certainly has to know that much of what he's saying is flat out false.

(BTW, he has also claimed that we don't legally have to pay taxes. And not surprisingly he's gotten into a lot of trouble due to tax evasion and the like.)

Offline Fiver

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 04:01:27 pm »
"Category: Comedy"

I don't know if this means that the video was originally intended to be funny or not, though it still totally is.

Poe's Law
My lastfm
"Jade: Lose interest in fauna and never speak of it again." - MS Paint Adventures: Homestuck: Act 3

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 07:14:11 pm »

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 07:29:49 pm »
Wow.

Hey Mods, can we make the Picard facepalm into a official smiley?
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 07:35:55 pm »
XD
That would be... funny...

Speaking of which... I wonder if there is a 'failpedia' or something such that focusses specifically on epic failures of the world (like conservapedia) (beyond just failblog; I mean, a real wiki)

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »
"Category: Comedy"

I don't know if this means that the video was originally intended to be funny or not, though it still totally is.

Poe's Law
As I said, the guy in the video is Kent Hovind. Although whoever posted this video probably did so for it's (unintended) comedic value, Hovind himself is actually serious about this stuff. Though I suspect much of it is just playing the people so they'll give him money. I'm not sure how much he himself actually believes it.