Author Topic: A Furry Theme Park  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Mike Folf

• Marf! =3
  • Male
    • Valleydog Comic
A Furry Theme Park
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:36:14 pm »
So I got this idea when someone a while ago requested that I draw, you guessed it, a 'Furryland'/Furry amusement park.

While I was drawing it, I wondered...What would an actual theme park for anthropomorphic beings/Furry fans look like? How would it run? What would the atmosphere be?

Then it hit me, there is one existing park that could be converted to the fandom's interests, but I'll leave that somewhere else as to not clutter up this thread.

But of course, that's just what I had in mind. I wondered what the rest of the fandom had in mind. Likewise the idea itself is very vague and could be interpreted in many ways. So I wonder, fellow furtopians, what would this furry park be? Would it be a park for anthros, or a park for the fandom themed to anthros? If the former, what safety precautions/diets would be in effect)? If the latter, how could it best represent that?

By the way, I'm still working on said drawing request, and should be done in a couple of weeks, give or take.  (:
I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanus Califius, Cali Folf for short..

Tweet Comic FA

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: A Furry Theme Park
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »
Well, the gift shop of course, would contain tails, collars, paws, that sort of thing.

Amusement parks already give out all sorts of fun plushies to people that win prizes..Imagine what a furry amusment park would have as their prizes?  Life-sized plushies?

Offline Nathan Wolf

• Circus Trova
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:09 am »
I for one will vote for a rave dance hall :3

I only recently got addicted to my dance favorites and (Furry) rave songs.

So I think that would be fairly beast.  No puns at all...

Offline James Moon

• Chesapeake Bay Retriever
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:21 am »
The funny thing with an idea like this would have to be the fact that most theme parks have people in "fursuits" XDD. So would the mascots for this place be just humans? XDDD An idea for prizes though would be collard and custem tags =) and going on the idea for the mascots human shaped dolls  :goldlaugh:
PSN =  drakemoon (Add me)

FC2a H W Sm RLRB a cn++ f-- i++ j+++ p-- sm--

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:43 am »
Haha, my first thought was anthros in human costums too! :D
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:02:01 am »
It would have to have a "stick your head out the window of a car" ride for the canines.

For the felines it would have something like, "Curtain Land" or "Carpet Land." My cat loves to claw the carpet.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Nathan Wolf

• Circus Trova
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:35 am »
The funny thing with an idea like this would have to be the fact that most theme parks have people in "fursuits" XDD. So would the mascots for this place be just humans? XDDD An idea for prizes though would be collard and custem tags =) and going on the idea for the mascots human shaped dolls  :goldlaugh:

Yeah good point!  Im up for custom tags and collars!  Makes sense to me, actually a great idea too, but I know I'm going to be sad when this never happens so I might as well stop fantasizing about it, I just can't help it.  :P

Offline Mike Folf

• Marf! =3
  • Male
    • Valleydog Comic
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:22:22 pm »

Haha, my first thought was anthros in human costums too! :D

Haha, funny you should mention that. I happened find these human costumes. Slightly realistic, yet fits into a 'skinsuit' criteria. :p

A bit freaky, don't you think?  :o
I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanus Califius, Cali Folf for short..

Tweet Comic FA

Offline J. March OHare

• I think, therefore I'm mad.
  • Male
    • The Robert A. Cook Gallery
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:58:46 pm »
Mike Folf: "A bit freaky, don't you think?"

Very freaky. It immediately reminded me of this article, which I stumbled upon over two years ago but it burned itself into my memory. I had no trouble finding it again. All I had to do was Google "Rainbow Brite hell."

It's terrifying. I laughed my socks off.

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 12:27:25 am »
Mike Folf: "A bit freaky, don't you think?"

Very freaky. It immediately reminded me of this article, which I stumbled upon over two years ago but it burned itself into my memory. I had no trouble finding it again. All I had to do was Google "Rainbow Brite hell."

It's terrifying. I laughed my socks off.

Oh my God! I always hated the cartoon, but that's another level of horror entirely. IT'S LOOKING AT ME. IT KNOWS MY SINS. IT KNOWS MY FAVORITE COLOR.

Offline J. March OHare

• I think, therefore I'm mad.
  • Male
    • The Robert A. Cook Gallery
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 12:34:21 am »
Saril: "IT'S LOOKING AT ME. IT KNOWS MY SINS. IT KNOWS MY FAVORITE COLOR."

LOL! :D

Yeah, that second vidcap (scroll down) has to be one of the most frightening things I've ever seen. What the hell was the costume designer thinking? What was he smoking? Come to think of it, nothing in smokable form is strong enough to inspire that. What was he ingesting... or injecting? Enquiring minds want to know!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »
One of my sisters has a "twink" plushie..She took it with her to cali, where she lives now, and I never knew what it was..