Author Topic: Who wants a cute bunny?  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Mooshi

Who wants a cute bunny?
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:53:33 am »
Was browsing petfinder on a whim and omg..there he was. www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16340078 This is one of the cutest chocolate coloured bunnies I ever seen! I really wish I could adopt him, but I have a very tempermental pet cat. :/ Normally I tend to post the odd thing on this forum, but animals who need a home is something serious and something I know we all could be on the same page about. If anyone is in or around the Savannah, Georgia area and looking for a pet - you could give this adorable lagomorph a new home. (:

Offline killrhawk

• A furry with feathers
  • Male
Re: Who wants a cute bunny?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:32:20 am »
I'm looking to get a pet, but I'm nowhere near there :(. It's kinda depressing how people will take an animal, feed it and take care of it, and then just ditch it.
Have PSN? Add me!
    Killrhawk

Thanks so much to Aerisyka for the avatar!

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 04:35:03 am »
Agreed. My pet is a stereotypical cat (moody) but I'd never give her up so carelessly. 8 Years later, she's still my baby. You could always check out adoption sites for where you live if you're looking.

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:52 am »
That is a cute bunny. Maybe the cutest I've seen. One thing I don't get- it says he was probably a misguided Easter gift. A bunny is never misguided! Especially one that cute!

Offline LoneWolf91

• Moonraiser
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:49 am »
I think my face just melted a little from the cuteness...
“I guess I'm pretty much of a lone wolf. I don't say I don't like people at all but, to tell you the truth I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds.”

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:09:55 am »
 :P
And again, I live on the other side of the continent.

But anyways, gl for the bunny! ^^
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:44 pm »
And again, I live on the other side of the continent.

Still not far enough. :orhorse:

Spoiler: Disclaimer • show
The above comment was for humor in intent, I'll accept and expect the same treatment from him and his ilk as applicaple in return.

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 04:41:38 pm »
I hope someone does adopt the little guy soon. On that same site there was a story of another rabbit adoption and the rabbit spent 2 years in a shelter before someone claimed him. ;.; Rabbits aren't goldfish. You don't stuff them in a container and throw food at it every so often..people who treat their pets like objects disgust me. I seriously want this bunny. D< But as I said, one pet household due to cat's personality. It wouldn't be fair to have him live in fear of the other pet. It'd be cool if someone on this forum did adopt him. Then you could post pics! :3

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:57 pm »
Very cute bunny.  In fact, he reminds me of James, the bunny I had as a kid.  (Though, James was orange, instead of chocolate.  I had a thing for animals that matched my hair when I was little.)
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:32 pm »
That's adorable..

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:28:55 pm »
Remember that your little furry friends are friends..and not cheeseburgers. A moral is in there somewhere...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:50:58 am by Mooshi »

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 12:43:09 am »
nice bunny its shame I don't live in the same country
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:01:30 am »
Local petstore had a bunch of small rabbits for adoption as well [they themselves don't actually 'sell' any pets beyond fish and hamsers and lizards & turtles. Most of the larger animals are brought in by animal rescue groups who put them up for adoption.]

The tiny bunnies were tiny. And they scared one of the kittens who was up for adoption as well XD
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:00 am »
That's oddly cute and funny. >.> I think we need an Adoption or Pet Rescue forum. Posting what we find that we believe deserve a home and hopefully have it turn into a success story.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »
Aww, he is completely adorable! :) :) :) I've actually been thinking about getting a rabbit, but I am way far from Georgia, and rabbits really don't like long car rides. (Though my grandparents live in Statesboro, so I've been down in the Savannah area quite a lot.)

That is a cute bunny. Maybe the cutest I've seen. One thing I don't get- it says he was probably a misguided Easter gift. A bunny is never misguided! Especially one that cute!

Yeah... sadly, though, this is a story that's way too common. Every single Easter, there's a rash of parents buying little baby Easter bunnies for their kids as pleasing toys, like a sort of holiday decoration they can pack up in a box and put in the attic when it's not Easter anymore. But after a little while, they realize the rabbit's not going to go away... it turns out you actually have to feed them and clean their cages and stuff. And who wants to clean a cage? So they cry crocodile tears about how they just don't have the time with their busy schedules to take care of a pet, and how they want their rabbit to find a "forever home," and then they send the rabbit off to the shelter, where it lives until the shelter doesn't have space to keep it any more and kills it. The end.

Sorry to be a downer.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:20 pm »

Yeah... sadly, though, this is a story that's way too common. Every single Easter, there's a rash of parents buying little baby Easter bunnies for their kids as pleasing toys, like a sort of holiday decoration they can pack up in a box and put in the attic when it's not Easter anymore.

I know western culture is over-commercialized, but man, do you think we've fallen that low:'(

"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:11 pm »
While the USA does some questionable things. Many of which making me facepalm, at least we have animal shelters. Overcrowding does cut the life short for some of them, but at least it gives *some* hope. Some countries don't give it a second thought to throw unwanted animals into rivers to drown.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:34 pm »
Has the topic gone astray? I'm not really sure which topic it is anyway  :D
I gotta say, YES I WANT A BUNNY!!! <3
Maybe an anthro bunny partner   8)

Nah, in all seriousness, Mooshi, how do you keep bumping into stuff like this? I mean, do you actually google up stuff like this or you just casually find it? X3
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.