Author Topic: Kemono Party  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Mooshi

Kemono Party
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:41:43 pm »
Why not? o.o

With the latest influx of furry drama recently, I decided to do something fun for 2011! :D I know I may have been a pain in the tail to some last year, but this is a whole other year. Besides..a rabbit year has to be good, amiright? 8)

Basically this is like a "furry political party" minus the suits, agendas and boring self induced dramas. It's open to anyone who is a furry or a fan of kemono art. :3 If you're interested, you shall also be given a special title. Remember, this is one of those random things. X3

The core beliefs are as follows >

* embrace random and/or cute things

* do not cause more drama via blogging or Youtube (read: no furry vs furry "war")

* no overly explaining furry with jargon such as "anthropormorphic art" or saying things along the lines of "I'm a fan of the art, but I'm not into - [insert TL;DR paragraph here]"

* Don't take furry seriously - it's supposed to be fun! Not a movement, not something to hide, not something to "come out of the closet" about, not something to defend religiously,...fun! :P

That is all o.o..just have fun and don't be a whiny butt about the media, other furries or anything else. 8D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:46:47 pm by Mooshi »

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Kemono Party
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »
* embrace random and/or cute things

Furries, last time I checked.

* no overly explaining furry with jargon such as "anthropormorphic art" or saying things along the lines of "I'm a fan of the art, but I'm not into - [insert TL;DR paragraph here]"

What sort of jargon IS furry, if it’s not anthro art? What makes Kemono so much better?

* Don't take furry seriously - it's supposed to be fun! Not a movement, not something to hide, not something to "come out of the closet" about, not something to defend religiously,...fun! :P

That is all o.o..just have fun and don't be a whiny butt about the media, other furries or anything else. 8D

If this is the case, I suggest you stop generalizing furries to be who you keep saying we are, and let us continue to have our fun in peace. What is your goal, here?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:20:14 pm by Shim »

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:47:05 pm »
In before the hoofer party >.> :D
Seriously though, I wonder how long till liedt posts in here to futher the ungulate's attempt at a movement. >.>
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:57 pm »
Shim, I believe you misread or something. :o

Never once did I over-generalize. That was against those who fit the description. :P If you don't fit that, you have nothing to worry about. Lately there have been some furries who /do/ fit that discription, sadly. Those are the ones the "too seriously" remarks at aimed at. Not /you/. :D

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
-Sigh-

I've said it already in a different thread, but I'll rephrase.

If you want to be part of a fandom, you're going to run into all sorts of people, of all shapes, sizes, and personalities especially. Nobody is forcing you to be a part of this, so I don't see the appeal or reason to try to start a separate group against the fandom. Especially not on a furry forum.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »
Temporarily closed pending staff discussion.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:04:01 pm by Kobuk »