Author Topic: Furries with Pets :3  (Read 4910 times)

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
Furries with Pets :3
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:24:36 pm »
I was just wondering, how do furries stand with their pets? Or should pets be considered equals because we're all animals? What kind of pet do you have, and have you ever roleplayed or created a fursona based off of them? What kind of pet would your fursona have if they could?

I have 3 red eared slider turtles (Squirtle, Jupiter, and Demon,) 2 hermit crabs (Scuttles and Cthulu,) and a russian blue cat (Kitty). I love them all, but I'm like mama to all of them except for Kitty. She sees me as her best friend, provider, and companion, but not her master or anything, LMTO.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Furries with Pets :3
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »
Currently, my family only has one hamster. In the past, we've had a cat (a tabby called Pixie, who died about seven years ago at the good age of 20) and about 26 other hamsters (all Russian Dwarfs).

I adored Pixie. I'd known her my whole life, and she would follow me around like a dog, and she's turn into a playful little kitten if you waved a bit of strong, despite being deaf, nearly toothless and artheritic. The only time she stopped being that kitten was when her kidneys failed :(

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:45:00 pm »
Our Russian Blue i consider mine, can't be papa to dogs. But Shadow, well, I have her almost scared to piss me off. She knows I scratch the best, but also knows I don't sit long. She compromises w/ me, but runs to me when my little sis tortures her. [at least, I call it that. She definitely is complaining when it happens]
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:46:43 pm »
Awwws, I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was absolutely adorable, though. <3

You have a Russian Blue as well, Kael? -high fives- I've had to rescue my kitty from my sister as well, she like to dress her up -.-"

Your peekapoo seems like the cutest thing, Mylo ^.^ especially the name bwahaha

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »
The only animal I ever had as a pet was a beagle named Hershey a long time ago. She had an overbite, so her teeth stuck out. She was licking at my brother's face and the tooth caught on his eyelid, ripping it down to the end of his nose. That was sort of "the final straw" I guess, and my mother gave her away to somebody else. We have two dogs now, but they are my siblings. Although they might as well be my pets because I take care of them anyways. :P
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »
I have a BIG pet family, and I am all of there mamma.

This is my newest addition Sakota. She is 50% Timberwolf and 25% Malamute and 25% Husky. She is 6 months old and was my 21st birthday present. and my baby >.<

This is Gloria I rescued her a couple years ago she is 18 unfortunatly I have to put her down next week because she has cancer and isnt doing well :(

This is Cj, he is 3 years old and is part siamese. I rescued him when he was a week old he was very sick and was gonna be blind and possibly not make it but i healed him and he can see in BOTH eyes now >.<

This is Brownie, she is 13 I rescued her with Gloria

This is Nom Nom's I rescued her when she was a week old as well and bottle fed her and nursed her to health. Unforutantly she is kind of slow but has come a long way since she was born. She is 9 months now

We also have 2 other cats fuzzy and pretty. Another dog named pee wee and a new kitten name muggles but none of them are mine.

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »
ok so it put the wrong picture up for Cj and it wont let me edit it

This is him

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:07 pm »
They're soooo adorable!!! I especially loooove Sakota, timberwolves/huskies are my favorite dogs. Its awesome that you rescue, my roommate has 3 doggies she's rescued as well. I'm so sorry that you have to put poor Gloria down soon..

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:15 pm »
I have a dog named Scout, he's a Min Pin/Rotwiller. He's not my pet, he's my baby. I'm trying to convise my mom to let me get some birds. I'll post a pic of my dog when I find one. :D BTW all the pics of the pets are SOOOO cute.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:00:30 pm by ArticShadow »
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:38:49 pm »
At dad's we have a cat that we adopted (now we just feed her as both parents became allergic) named Trixy. :3 She's cool, and I like watching her. We share acquaintance with each other.

At mom's, we have-
An uncountable amount of fish. 8) (We have a healthy ecosystem in our pool-converted-into-pond)
Two hermies (both Kay's)
A tortuous named Boomhower
And two Great Danes.

Every one of them is like another sibling.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 01:04:53 am »
They're soooo adorable!!! I especially loooove Sakota, timberwolves/huskies are my favorite dogs. Its awesome that you rescue, my roommate has 3 doggies she's rescued as well. I'm so sorry that you have to put poor Gloria down soon..

Thanks yea I have wanted one for so long and found her on craigslist. Only $350 and yea im really sad about Gloria :(

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:24:31 am »
My pets are a huge part of my life.  I have three dogs:  Quinn the big orange Sheltie, Wendy the small black Sheltie, and Trudy the lab/spaniel mutt.  And five cats:  Heidi the Calico, Theresa the Bengal, Kelly the torbie, and the gray tabby twins Peter and Ray.  I stay home, writing and watching my four-year-old daughter, so I spend all day hanging out with my animals most of the time.

Quinn alternately sleeps at my feet and follows my daughter around while she plays outside.  Trudy likes to cuddle on the couch whenever possible.  (Although, she prefers my husband to me.)  And Wendy is just starting to come out of her shell -- she had a rough time transitioning when her previous owner decided to sell her.  But she's amazing to watch when she plays outside -- two Shelties frolicking together is the most beautiful thing.  And when a Sheltie grins, there's not anything that looks happier.

My oldest cats -- Heidi and Theresa -- are both on-again-off-again lap cats.  They go through phases when they want to be on my lap all the time, and then phases where they pretend not to notice me.  Kelly is a weird one:  she adores my four-year-old daughter and has almost no interest in any other humans.  The twin tabbies started out as feral kittens, so it's taken some work to win them over, but I found a type of cat treat that they really, really love.  So, Peter is now trained to come hop up on the bed and beg for treats and scritches before I go to sleep.  Ray is still skeptical, but I think he'll make a really great, intelligent pet when I finally do win him over.

So, yeah, I spend all day with my pets.  They're very much family to me.  I'm the head of the household, but I don't see it quite as either master or mother.  More like shepherd or alpha dog.  And most of my pets, current and previous, have popped up in my fiction somewhere or other, so I definitely base characters on them.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »
I've grown up with pets, never lived without even one pet.
We havent had a lot of pets but we've had a good number of them
Kaitlyn- our female BelgianSheep dog,she was rescued right before she was put down, she has been around since i was first born and my younger brothers, she thought of us as her pups but not overly protective, she was the best dog ever we couldn't ask for a better dog, except she wasnt dog social but she got along with cats quite well. She had a bad heart the last year she was alive and we had to unfortunately put her down 3 years ago
TigerLily- our female cat that we only had for about a year i don't remember her very well i was probably 4 or 5, we had to give her away cause of violent behavior. But she was just fine after she left the house, now lives in a form(by what i was told)
Socks- is our 7 year old gray tuxedo female, that was rescued from the streets in the middle of a blizzard she was possibly less than a year old when we brought her home. She is my baby and she knows it
Raven-is our 9 year old black tuxedo male, he was bought from a breeder, he is a very regal and knows he's the king of the household, he now has a grumpy grandpa attitude
Both are very happy fat cats :)
Jasmine- our 1 year old(misbehaved) femal, dorkie(Dachshund Yorkie mix), she was rescued from somebody we know, they refused to train her and abused her, we got her a few months ago and trying to trian her, which not only is she out of the training stage , she is a toy dog so she is extra difficult to train but has been doing well most of the time
Mitch- he's a long coated gray male,a rescue we brought into our home yesterday, not sure what breed, he has a feral lynx look to him i dought he's a feral mix since we live in the city, so if you have an idea what breed he is let me know, he is very lovable and cant be no older than a year, might have been abandoned or abused(wont be surprised in the neighborhood we live in) since he was fearful of humans at first, we might bring him to a cat rescue instead, if he cant cope with our cats and dog

we've also had a number of rodents including my 2 new baby rats both female
I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Hunfred

• Take It Easy!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 06:52:24 pm »

This is Nöpö and she is 9 years old. She must be laziest cat in the world >.>

And

This is Muusa and she is 7 years old. She loves boxes :D.

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 07:08:48 am »
This is Bel:

He is now somewhat fatter.

I understand most of what he wants/thinks when he's around.  It mainly revolves around:
"I need to find something to sleep on I've never slept on before"
"Put some food in the bowl so when I'm hungry later I don't have to go looking for you"
"I am not outside.  Please do something about this."
and,
"I'm going to be underfoot and knocking things off shelves until you pick me up, pet me or play with me."

He's the most social, athletic and personable cat we've had in almost 14 years.

We also have a bunny.  She doesn't do much.  I've never really been keen on sedentary animals so we just tend to stare at each other and sometimes I put food in her box.  Occasionally my mom lets her out and she wanders around.  If we let her near the couch, she'll hide under it until we go in for her.

Mom wants a pair of rats and I agree.  They're a lot more people rodents than hamsters (which we've had), but not so needy as Chinchillas (which we haven't).

We've had parakeets but got bored of them.  We also used to have more cats but what with the economy we can only keep the one right now.  There's a kitten outside that may be coming to live with us for awhile, though.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 04:58:15 pm »
Here's my puppy Scout he's a Min-Pin/Rottweiler this was before his bath. The leash is still on because I had just come back from giving him a walk and he got mud all in this paws. :P

https://twitter.com/FurryFizzy/status/223521129225134081/photo/1
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:20:47 pm by ArticShadow »
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:40 am »
My housemates and I have just got a bearded dragon :3 She's very cute and affectionate. She and I just had a cuddle on the sofa for a few hours. I suppose me being rather warm makes her happy. She doesn't have a name yet, but we're leaning towards Daenerys.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:40:16 am by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »
I had to adopt a couple of bunny rabbits after their original owner had to give 'em up. They're immensely stupid creatures, and I don't really want to like them, but they're so peaceful and sweet I just can't help it. :-[

Dunno if furries should have pets... Does that work, like, in-fiction? I guess Mickey had Pluto.... so maybe.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »
I have had 4 dogs over the years. It's a shame they have such
short lives.  As I am sure with other dog owners we eventually
learn how to communicate with each other very well.

Though they may not be little people in a fursuit, but they think
they are, and sometimes consider us as their pet. :orbunny:

I think it's fine for furries to have pets as they are
companions and helpers too..

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:08:47 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com