Author Topic: Dog gets sent a Jury Duty notice  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
Dog gets sent a Jury Duty notice
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:58:35 pm »
I just saw on the news that a german shepherd got sent a jury duty notice. It happened due to a computer glitch. German shepherds are pretty smart. I think he could have done the job. Of course he didn't have to show up. Which leads me to wonder if a Furry could get out of jury duty by saying "Sorry, I'm not human. I'm a fox" Or whatever your species happens to be. I imagine that they'd expect this theoretical Furry to prove it in which case he shows up in a fursuit and says "Told ya"
He'd probably get tossed in jail for contempt or something. Unless the Judge had a sense of humor. In which case he gets off just for having the guts to do it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:03:02 pm by Tronic »
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Dog gets sent a Jury Duty notice
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:31 pm »
Been on jerry duty. Well the first part of it. Wasn't selected. All they asked for was nice clothing and no tennis shoes. A fur suit would fit right it. However showing up to a government building with a full mask on would be a great way to get lots of attention.  As long as you stay conscious you'll be able to count how many times you got tasard before you hit the floor. :)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »
True that. Pretty much the same as a bank. But I suppose if they let a person serve in a Star Trek uniform they'd let someone serve in a Fursuit sans head or ears and a tail.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline KCfox

• Your friendly neighbourhood fox :3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »
I notice some sites have taken away the "test if you are -human-" text and just put verification now lol.
They are among us!
I have no idea what I am doing.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:51:48 am »
Some hospitals have therapy dogs. Maybe this is something similar, but for courtroom situations. The bailiff had better have some treats and there will need to be a chew toy in the jury room to accommodate the dog. Just sayin'.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline JD

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
It happened due to a computer glitch.

LOL

yeah, computer glitches are great as long as they:
A. Do something funny, like in this case
Or
B. give me lots of money  :D

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 10:09:40 pm »
Every dog has its day in court.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »
He probably got off because the defendant was a catburglar. :3

Lol.
Mate of WereCat

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 02:08:58 am »
If you have a  fursuit dont come to syracuse family court with it or you may get a 300 pound cop on you or a faceful of mace
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »
I recently got a notice to apply for jury duty. Shouldn't need to report until after the New Year.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)