Author Topic: INSTA-RP!!  (Read 8948 times)

Offline HazardJackal

INSTA-RP!!
« on: October 24, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »
This is getting boring, i want action-BOOM! I MADE ACTION! WOO!

One character at a time, the only way you can switch is if your current one dies, or if they pass the round and move on.  This will keep your job simple.

Name:
Race:
Weapon:

(you get one weapon, you will be awarded more later)

Be brief with char cards and posts, this RP is going to be as fast paced as we can post so we can keep the action going.

STORY: You wake up in a cage, two guys with spears prod you into an arena, they throw you a weapon as the gate shuts; Yes it's just that simple!

Name: Gnargle
Race: Skeb
Appearance: Miners hat and clothes
Weapon: Pickaxe

No real rules except the standard Furtopia rules, so just have fun with it.  Try not to be a complete Superman though.  Anyone may add another wave of foes at any time, and you are encouraged to carry on without me when i'm not able to post

ROUND ONE!! *DING DING*

Gnargle is thrown into the arena with nothing but his pickaxe.  A gate opens and 3 goblin spearmen riding wild boar charge out.  "this is NOT a one man job!"  the boar zero in on him and charge.

EDIT: NEW RULES AND CRAP LIKE THAT:

So, as you can see, this is a continuation of an earlier RP idea i did awhile back.  Here's the idea; arena + bad guys + you = fun.  

ALL STANDARD FURTOPIAN RULES APPLY!!!

I will appoint AGMs as i see fit; AGMs are to report any broken rules to both me and the staff at once.  You also get to wreak havoc in terms of the RP, as long as it's not breaking any of the Furtopian rules.

When you enter the game, fill out this skeleton card:

Name:
Race:

2 characters max, you start with whatever you want (excluding firearms, for now), within reason (Lightsabers are forbidden.)

Try not to be a superhero level character, but this is about gratuitous fun, not finesse.  Well, that is, if you consider fighting for your life against wave after wave of baddies fun, but you get what i mean, right?  And don't take this all too seriously, it's going to have a similar violence humor ratio to something like Borderlands... though a bit toned down, i don't think the shoot-me-in-the-face guy would fly around here...

Alright enough chatter LETS GO!

AH YES, i want to make it very clear that i  will not be babysitting this thread.  I brought the pizza, that doesn't mean you should stop eating while i grab from drinks.  If that makes any sense IF NOT YOUR A SISSY AND YOU BETTER LIKE IT
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:06:35 am by Tren »

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
Re: INSTA-RP!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:56:13 pm »
Name: Mallard
Race: Wolf
Apperance: Wolf like, wearing jeans and a t-shirt
Weapon: Baseball bat

Mallard gets pushed into the arena, seeing another man already there. He looks across the floor and sees the approaching goblin riders, changes his grip on his bat, and readies himself to swing at one of the goblins before it reaches the stranger. "Well, two's a bit better."
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:00:31 pm »
The goblins notice as another contestant is is thrown in, and two of them change course, taking aim at Mallard.  The third continues to charge towards Gnargle.  Running out of time and options, Gnargle jumps rather blindly at the oncoming attacker, but ends up missing entirely and jumping barely out of the way of the charging boar.  The boar has no time to slow down or turn, and ends up slamming into the wall, hard.  The boar is at least stunned, but the goblin jumps off and charges, now on foot, with his spear.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »
Name: Beat
Race: Silver haired bat
Appearance: standard bat looks but with red eyes, sleeveless leather jacket, torn jeans, red basketball shoes, and a gold chain
Weapon: Machete

Beat opened his eyes only to find he was face down in the arena with only a machete at his side. "Great, what did I toss myself into now?" he saw the other two"Well...at least i'm not alone...let's get to fightin!"

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:28:13 pm »
Mallard notices the two now charging him. He waits until the two are close, then flings his bat at the closer one, before flinging himself to the side, narrowly avoiding the lance of the second. The bat collides with the goblins chest, knocking him off his boar violently.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 12:06:09 am »
Beat tried to brush off the collision best he could and attacked the stunned goblin with a whirlwind of wild slashes with his machete. he looked over at the wolf "Hey, i'm on your side!"

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 12:07:56 am »
Gnargle waited for the goblin to thrust his spear, then rushed in and stick his pick in the goblin's chest.  He then rushed over the stunned boar to finish it off.

(T-Yoshi, i think you might be getting your bat character confused with Mallard's baseball bat)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:19:36 am by Trenyth »

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 02:08:24 am »
(awks, sorry, didn't notice you were playing a bat >_> or else i'dve been more specific)

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 02:15:20 am »
Mallard rushes over too his aluminum not at all fleshy baseball bat, picking it up off the ground, and moving in to finish off the downed goblin, caving its head it, before turning to make sure the fallen goblins boar wasn't coming around to finish him off.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:52:37 pm »
Beat watched the goblin he attacked drop dead and turned his attention to the boar. He jumped up and glided toward it, slashing it as he passed before landing. "And that's that!" Beat said rather satisfied.

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »
Mallard picked up the spear that the goblin was wielding, and threw it at the last remaining boar, which was just turning around to charge again. The spear pierced the boars head, and Mallard quickly finished the job. "Phew. That was unexpected."

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 02:30:37 am »
(I'm busy right now, but keep going; by my command you're both AGMs and my orders are to continue. (: )

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:07 am »
( :O SUCH POWER )

A loud rumble echoed through the arena as another gate slowly started to swing open. Mallard looked around him and noticeed goblins a-plenty sitting in seats high up above the arena, as well as many other types of creatures, some of which he'd never seen before. All the goblins were on their feet, squealing loudly in anticipation. From the gate emerged what seemed to be a goblin like creature. It had the same ugly skin, and looked about as intelligent, but that's where the similarities stopped. This creature would tower over any goblin. Mallard could tell it was quite a bit larger than he was. It carried a giant wooden club that was stained red with use. The goblin behemoth roared and the audience only cheered louder. Looking around, the creature eyed the three combatants, and with one more roar, charged at them, club held high.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 10:51:36 am »
(AGM? Time to have some fun! *snickers*)

Beat seemed rather happy as two of the goblins bullrushed him. He ran towrads the first one.and plunged his machete into it's chest then yanked it out and cut the poor goblin across the throat. As he fell dead, Beat turned on his heels and slashed wildly at the second goblin, laughing the while "Gonna have to do better than that!" Beat shouted as the second goblin fell.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 02:05:44 am »
Gnargle saw the rampaging brute that was barreling towards him and two thoughts crossed his mind:
1: This is bad
2: I need to move
Indeed, this WAS bad, and he DID need to move.
He waited till the second before the last to dive out of the way, because ya know, safety first.
The brute slammed into the wall, only a few feet away from where the boar had done the same.  Unlike the boar however, this ogre-like goblin was not stunned from the collision, just angry... in fact, he was REALLY angry.  Gnargle ran towards the others as fast as his little skeby legs would take him, though he knew very well he had no chance out outrunning this monster.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:18:27 pm by Trenyth »

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »
Mallard saw that his new comrade needed aid, and so he dropped the baseball bat, and ran towards one of the goblins that was just killed, retrieving its spear off of its corpse. He hesitated, waiting for the beast to draw nearer, so he wouldn't miss. "You seem like you know what you're doing. Any ideas for this thing?"

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »
Gnargle looked over at the wolf, surprised anyone even bothered to notice him.
"I say we kill it, what about you?"
(Lets keep this a'rollin people!  You're AGMs, just start doing things, even without me if i'm not here!)

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »
Mallard tossed the spear up in his hand and then caught it again. "I like that plan alright. I'll try to distract him from the front, get behind 'em and see if you can do any damage from behind!" Mallard stabbed up at the beast as it charged closer, causing it to end its charge, swinging its club wildly, which Mallard quickly back stepped away from. "Come here you ugly brute." Mallard yelled.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 10:17:20 pm »
Beat rolled up next to Gnarle machete in hand. "Hey, what if I try to fly up for an aerial attack? Death from above!"

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »
Mallard dodged another swing, this one closer than all the others. "Any time now would be nice!"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »
Beat heard the wolf and hastily shifted gears taking the queue. He took a few steps back and started to run flapping his wings and lifting off as he got closer. He gained a fair amount of height and took a swing when he was just overhead of the large creature, hitting it's shoulder near the neck. He was bleeding and in some notable pain. Beat landed near the wolf "Not bad, but I only hurt him..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »
Name:Dax
Race:shrew
Appearance:small lithe and wiry
Weapon:
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:34 pm »
Another gate opened, this one containing a large...dead...troll, as well as a small shrew "well he wasn't too bright..bashed is own brains out ee did!"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:13 pm »
Mallard rushed the creature as it held its hand against the wound. He stabbed the spear deep into the creatures thigh, then pushed the shaft up as hard as he could, pulling the creatures down to his knee. "Somebody finish him off!"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:18 pm »
The shrew picked a spear up off the ground and jumped on the beast ramming the spear into its eye...unfortunately not deep enough, the creature thrashed and threw him across the arena