Author Topic: My fursona (also, can I have some help?)  (Read 1217 times)

Offline RabidLynx

My fursona (also, can I have some help?)
« on: March 01, 2014, 07:44:42 pm »

I've been meaning to draw my fursona, but for I while I lacked motivation. Now that I got back that motivation (and not for long most likely) I finally got to drawing them.

A little description about my fursona. Their name is Lynx. Full name is Lynx Derpson. I'm thinking of a last name that fits nicely, but for now it is Lynx Derpson. They are technically a hybrid, but usually they are just known as a lynx. They are actually part lynx, part lion, and part Timelord. They have also been transformed into a nekomata, which is a mythological two-tailed feline monster. Look it up because I don't feel like explaining it.

They are genderless. There is literally nothing down there. So technically, they don't need to wear clothes. However, they will occasionally wear something they like, such as a hoodie or a shirt. Sometimes pants. They don't usually need to wear coats because their mane is their natural coat. They also might wear a fourth doctor's scarf, but very rarely since it's special to them. I don't draw it often because 1.) copyright things 2.) wowhaveyouseenthesizeofthatthingyeahitlookswaytoodifficultformetodrawrightnow

They don't really have a gender identity, or whatever you call it. Sometimes they are masculine, sometimes feminine. Most of the time, they are pretty much just unisex. Depends on their mood.

Equally comfortable on two and four legs. They usually stand and walk around on two and run on all fours. If you can imagine Tigress from Kung Fu Panda, like, how she walks on two and runs on four, yeah it's like that.

As for their backstory, I haven't gotten to that yet. However (if you don't watch Doctor Who, you will not understand this part), I like to think that Lynx was the child of the Doctor, and was sent to Earth as a baby to be saved from the Timewar (yeah I know it's cliche but it's all I got right now). Eventually I'll think of more to the story.

Anyways, what I need help with is the colors. They were originally going to be completely natural, with all the brown and black, and were only supposed to have blue and purple eyes. Then I got creative, now they have tints of blue and purple everywhere as you can see. I like it, kinda. I feel like the creative colors stand out with the natural, and vice versa. I kinda like it because it represents Lynx's character, in a way. They just like and do a ton of things, even if they aren't similar, and they don't care what people say. They don't care if they don't "fit in". Yet at the same time, I have terrible OCD and I kinda don't like that the colors don't alike. Anybody have an opinion on this? That would be great.

I also don't mind critique on the actual picture. I am an amateur artist, and I never had any professional training with art. I just grew up with a natural talent to draw, and looking at how other people draw things on the Internet and wanting to draw like them. Their styles of art just kinda mixed with me, to the point where I now have my own style. I know that I'm not amazing, though, and I know I need a lot more improving to do. It would be great to receive critique, it would really help me get better. So, as long as you aren't mean or rude with your critique, go ahead :)
~Lynx pardinus~ ~Lynx lynx~ ~Lynx canadensis~ ~Lynx rufus~ <3 All lynx
-
There is no point to being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.
-
FFX4a A+ C- D H+ M- P+ R T+++ W Z- S! RLU c++ e- f- h* i++ j p+ s