Author Topic: Apple computer founder, Steve Jobs, Dead at 56.  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Apple computer founder, Steve Jobs, Dead at 56.
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »
Breaking news!

I read this just now while browsing my local news website.

CUPERTINO, Calif- Apple says the company's co-founder Steve Jobs has died. He was 56.

In a brief statement the company said Jobs died Wednesday. He had been battling pancreatic cancer.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company said in a brief statement.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

Steve Jobs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
Re: Apple computer founder, Steve Jobs, Dead at 56.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:13:03 pm »
I just found this out like a half hour ago!
He was the only one of the PR guys from apple that didn't piss me off.
I watched his keynote presentations for entertainment. He was an awesome guy.
R.I.P Steve
you had a cool beard
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »
I just got home from a choir concert. Right before we started, somebody sitting in my row said "Hey, Steve Jobs just died."

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »
A lot of the younger generation here on Furtopia probably have never heard of, or care, who Steve Jobs is. But for the old folks here such as myself, Steve Jobs is unquestioningly the leader and innovator in personal computing. Sure, there were others back in the 1970's and early to mid 80's who tried to delve in starting personal computing and such. But Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer Co. were the first and the best. He set the standard by which all other personal computer companies followed. Bill Gates may be a big leader and genius too, but he is only a genius of software. Bill Gates "followed/copied" Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs is probably one of the most influential and important people of the late 20th century. Without him and what he did, there probably wouldn't be personal computers, GUI, World Wide Web, iPhones, iPads, etc. People don't realise how much Steve Jobs impacted their lives.

And if you want a good movie to watch, go rent "The Pirates of Silicon Valley". It may take a few liberties here and there with some historical bits, but it's still good if you want to learn the history of how Apple Computer started and the rivalry between Apple and Microsoft.

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:54 pm »
A lot of the younger generation here on Furtopia probably have never heard of, or care, who Steve Jobs is.
Who's never heard of Steve Jobs?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »
A lot of the younger generation here on Furtopia probably have never heard of, or care, who Steve Jobs is.
Who's never heard of Steve Jobs?
This :P

Also, I thought he was older than 56 o.O
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 07:06:04 am »
As anyone here who was part of the big Mac vs. PC thread that we had on this forum about a year ago will remember, I am arguably the most staunch anti-Macintosh person here at Furtopia, and have been engaging in pitched holy wars against virulent Apple fanbois for nearly two decades.  With that said, I was still very shocked to learn about Steve's recent passing yesterday, and I am saddened by the news.  I may not have always agreed with the man's business methods or ideas, but there is no denying that he was a true visionary and a business genius, and that he died way too young.  The technology world will not be the same without him.  I feel really sorry for the wife and four children that he has left behind, and I give them my condolences.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »
I personally never was a fan of Apple computers or their business
practices, But he did a lot to make computers what they are today.
I am sure he will be missed. My condolences to his friends and
family.
oldrabbit.com

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:35:09 pm »
Didn't really have an opinion of the guy personally and I can't say I'm surprised he's dead, but still, bit of a two-finger salute from life to achieve as much as he did then die at that age.
-I still can't think of anything.