Author Topic: Discovery Freelancer  (Read 1520 times)

Offline ash-the-coyote

Discovery Freelancer
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:52:36 pm »
Heyas, just wondering if anyone plays on the 24/7 RP server for Discovery Freelancer, and who/what you are.
Currently, I'm an Interspace Commerce trader, flying a Gull civ transport, lvl 45, username Skyie.Laster

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Discovery Freelancer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »
Topic moved here to the Gaming Discussion forum as it is better suited here.

Offline ash-the-coyote

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Ah, thanks, didn't see that sub-forum, sorry

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:50:55 am »
This is what, new game or a mod? I used to play Freelancer mods but on newer OS the game gets progressively harder to install and run plus further left behind. Now I use X3TC for singleplayer (and mods... looots of mods) and EVE for multi.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:37:34 am »
Heyas, just wondering if anyone plays on the 24/7 RP server for Discovery Freelancer, and who/what you are.
Currently, I'm an Interspace Commerce trader, flying a Gull civ transport, lvl 45, username Skyie.Laster

I think I saw you on there a few months ago  :D. I was installing my old games to see if I can play them, but sadly I can't play  :'( . If you don't know the story, cancer did a number on me, I simply don't have the visual accuity need to combat ANY manner of ship.

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:02:04 am »
Incidentally, where is the server located (geographically)?

Offline ash-the-coyote

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »
I think I saw you on there a few months ago  :D. I was installing my old games to see if I can play them, but sadly I can't play  :'( . If you don't know the story, cancer did a number on me, I simply don't have the visual accuity need to combat ANY manner of ship.
Wow, that sucks.  Still, I'm glad you're mostly alright in that you're still alive!
Yeah, depending how much your vision deteriorated, Discovery probably just isn't an option, not a game that has much options for "accessibility".

This is what, new game or a mod? I used to play Freelancer mods but on newer OS the game gets progressively harder to install and run plus further left behind. Now I use X3TC for singleplayer (and mods... looots of mods) and EVE for multi.
Discovery is a mod.  It's been in progress for a year and a half, with development still in progress (next release is gonna be v4.86).  I think it even won Mod of the Year 2010 (it's pretty sweet, just google "discovery freelancer").  I dunno about you, but I bought my computer brand new last december, and run win7, and the game works fine for me.

Incidentally, where is the server located (geographically)?
Germany.  More info can be found on the wiki, here

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 10:09:46 pm »
Even vanilla Freelancer? Every time I tried it post-XP I got oversized font and a max resolution just about big enough for a small window.

Offline ash-the-coyote

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:23 pm »
Even vanilla Freelancer? Every time I tried it post-XP I got oversized font and a max resolution just about big enough for a small window.
No, you have to run the Discovery mod to make it work.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 05:54:28 pm »
Okay, I'm in  (:  They still have my character. I'm a level 39 civilian, flying a Camara frighter around the core Liberty systemsl, and my username is Avor

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 06:40:18 am »
Am I missing something or did soembody just come to furtopia onlt to make four posts then run back into the wilds of the internet never to be see again?

Well, if anybody is still interested in the game, I'm stoll kinda on there.