Author Topic: 11/11  (Read 676 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
11/11
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:54:35 pm »
Happy Veterans Day!

Today we honor those, living and dead, who put it on the line to make the world a better place.

To you, my brothers, Thank-You.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Avor

• Male
Re: 11/11
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:03:06 pm »
There is no feeling like being in unifoem for rememberence day.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »
All I can say is thank you, to those who've died and to those who are still in service today.  Whether or not we should be at war or at home, there are brave men and women fighting (and who fought) for our country and all that it stands for, and sometimes, it's easy to take this for granted.  Thank you so much for serving. 

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:19 pm »
I don't support our war(s), but I certainly support our troops, and appreciate everything they've done. Thanks to all of ya, veterans and active duty alike.

On a related note, the Penguins were wearing MARPAT warm-up jerseys before the hockey game tonight, and there's a lot of Air Force personnel in the stands. Most likely because the AFR/Nat'l Guard refueling unit (same one that uses the KC-135 they signed) is around an hour away, haha.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:33:24 am »
I stayed away from everywhere today. I always get treated badly on Veterans Day here. I hate that day. :(