Author Topic: Paranormal Experiences?  (Read 4458 times)

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
Paranormal Experiences?
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:47:59 pm »
Just cutious 'cause they happen to me often. It's not where my house is haunted it's just where a lot of spirits, or "folk" as my mother says, like to visit me often. It's normally animals and children and they're usually nice :) but I do get the ones that scare me every now and then :( So my question is, have you ever had a paranormal experience? If so, what happened? I have too many to list but I can say a few :) My first was when a being made of fire tried to burn my face and crush my skull, and my second was when a wolf (who i am convinced was my mate in a past life) walked onto my bed and licked my cheek :)

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Paranormal Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:24:06 pm »
In regards to paranormal and supernatural experiences, I tend to see myself as being kinda like Fox Mulder AND Dana Scully from the X-Files. In other words: I "WANT" to believe, but........there are just some things that I want concrete proof of, or will not touch with a 50ft. pole so to speak.  :P

As far as experiencing anything paranormal.........I did have a traumatising experience long ago that still spooks me to this day. I never talk about it.......and I never try to think about it either. Trust me, You don't want to know.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:48 pm »
Not ghosts.  Lets just say that my family and I were driving across New Mexico...

I personally think that most paranormal experiences are figments of imagination...but I do believe that there are things that happen which we cannot explain yet (things that shouldn't happen).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:44:31 pm by Mylo »

Offline Luggz

• Male
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:57:26 pm »
I've only had one experience it isn't exactly exciting but it means something to me.

The day after my dog was 'put to sleep' I was sitting on the floor in the living room next to the radiator, as I often did at the time, when I felt a presence enter the room and come up to me much like my dog would. I couldn't see anything but I had a really strong feeling something was sitting next to me.
One Life, Live It

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:16 pm »
Things I can't explain that somehow do happen that shouldn't happen usually tend to be stupid programming errors (ie, me assuming a function does X but it really does X AND Y, or perhaps just Y, or perhapse the documentation was misleading or inaccurate) >.<

Data encapsulation I suppose leads to some ghosts in the machine, if not done right  :D

Ok, lame joke, sorry XD

But to answer the thread, no.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:49:21 pm »
"Paranormal" and "supernatural" events are not real, by definition. If they were real, they would just be "normal" and "natural". Same goes for "extrasensory perception": if you can perceive something, it's sensory. It may not be a sense that others are familiar with, but it is a sense nonetheless. Now stop confusing everyone with this self-contradictory nonsense. :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:51:31 pm by Foxpup »

Offline Mylo

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 01:39:59 am »
"Paranormal" and "supernatural" events are not real, by definition. If they were real, they would just be "normal" and "natural". Same goes for "extrasensory perception": if you can perceive something, it's sensory. It may not be a sense that others are familiar with, but it is a sense nonetheless. Now stop confusing everyone with this self-contradictory nonsense. :P

But, but....no!!!  x_x

You're right, the technicalities of the word are contradictory.  You didn't really answer the question...but I can probably infer what your answer is :)

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »
I've never had a paranormal experience before, but I've had an inception moment. So I was listening to some tunes before i went to bed but I fell asleep with my headphones on. I was already dreaming and going through random moments and things becmause that's what my dreams are, random stuff that makes no sense. So I was dreaming my random stuff and I heard this ear piercing ring and I woke up all of a sudden to the very next song in my play list! I even checked to see if it was real and it was. It's like I dreamed for a whole minute in that short pause between songs! Its not paranormal but it sure ain't normal either.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:57:52 am »
It depends on how you define paranormal or supernatural…

If it’s things like ghosts we’re talking about, then that’s a big no.

But if it’s things that I, (specifically myself), can’t explain, then maybe.
Though I believe that everything can be explained and understood, so nothing specifically paranormal or supernatural for me.

Unioops… :o
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:47 am »
I have a personal poltergeist i believe. He like to make me trip and will move things in my lne of sight to fall and almost hit me. I think he hates me, but i think he or she may just have a trickster in them. But i am not entirely certain... could just be me.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »
ive had some experiences. a month after my grandma died, i kept getting lady bugs in my room. i knew it was her, because a months ago i fixed her favorite ceramic turtle, & i got a ladybug that night. <3

ive had shadows creep over me/into my line of sight, sense of someone being there, very bad dreams that hint something bad will happen the next day, falling things, doors opening & closing, voices. i even get very bad vibes around cemeteries & grave sites.
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:02:04 pm »
We have a chickenhouse out in the front yard. We've seen strange lights in there. We recently found out there are a few graves on our property. That may explain the lights.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 03:19:54 pm »
The closest thing I got to it as the fact I suspect that a ghost uses a pedestrian crossing just down the road from me. I say that because at night, the traffic lights (the British term for traffic signals) change from green, then amber, and then red. After that, the pedestrian lights on the crossing change from red to green but I never see anybody crossing it! Could this be a case of paranormal activity or a fault with the lights?

Offline Mylo

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 04:26:59 pm »
The closest thing I got to it as the fact I suspect that a ghost uses a pedestrian crossing just down the road from me. I say that because at night, the traffic lights (the British term for traffic signals) change from green, then amber, and then red. After that, the pedestrian lights on the crossing change from red to green but I never see anybody crossing it! Could this be a case of paranormal activity or a fault with the lights?

Probably old and neglected timer-based lights...like the ones on the east coast of the US.  But who knows?

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 08:46:31 pm »

No paranormal activity, and no fault with the lights. Someone pressed the button, then crossed while the lights were still red because there were no cars around (a common situation at night). Then when the lights turn green, the pedestrian is long gone, and you're left wondering why the lights changed at all. I hate it when that happens.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:13 am »

No paranormal activity, and no fault with the lights. Someone pressed the button, then crossed while the lights were still red because there were no cars around (a common situation at night). Then when the lights turn green, the pedestrian is long gone, and you're left wondering why the lights changed at all. I hate it when that happens.

But I never see anybody press the button or cross the road just as the cars stop.

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »
But I never see anybody press the button or cross the road just as the cars stop.

Of course you never see anyone. It usually takes around 30 seconds from when you press the button to when the lights actually change, that's plenty of time for someone to disappear. They press it, cross the road, disappear, then the lights change even though nobody's around any more. It is most annoying.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:17 am »
I think he means that even before that, nobody crossed.

But maybe someone is screwing with your head? Or the lights could be kittywompus...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:06 pm »
Ok, I probably would be atheist if I hadn't had some paranormal experiences. I lived in a somewhat "haunted" house when I was younger, and let's just say we had to move because I became severely depressed.