Author Topic: have you had any other fantasies throughout life  (Read 1266 times)

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
have you had any other fantasies throughout life
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:14 am »
i'm already part of a rather interesting fandom, so i have no shame in sharing my early life fantasies with all of you.  :)
though it's still a little nervous putting it into writing, i have such a vivid/messed up imagination.  x_x

lets see, earliest i can remember: having built a swing-wing jet plane thing. ran on water (split water into hydrogen and O2 and burned) and hence left a trail of steam behind it. had VTOL capabilities (that looks exactly like the early thunderbirds style) and was also capable of supersonic flight.

next: a small gadget that was capable of turning an object into a ghostly figure of itself, either visible or not. so it would allow you to walk through walls and other thin things while either visible or not. this was added to the previous aircraft to give it 'cloaking'

another: being able to morph into a small plastic toy horse (think toy story), hide out in a classroom, wait for the ponymad girl in class to pick me up then shout "BOO!" and run off laughing.

the final took place along side my fursona before i found the fandom: switching myself out with Eragon from Paolini's books and splice into modern times, attempt to explain to history teacher that dragons are in fact real.

currently: trying to undertake everyday tasks as an anthro, the challenges, the conversations and the results.

anyone else have anything like this happen to them over their lifetime they want to share?

paws
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:29:24 am by typingwithpaws »
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: have you had any other fantasies throughout life
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:50:47 am »
I have many fantasies most involving flying in some way.  My eyes prevent me from flying in real life but that does not stop me from flying in my heart.  Anyways Im working on a cool fantasy that may become a story or may not but it keeps my me happy.  It centers around where i work.  My work is actually a secret furry base who's primary purpose is to monitor the human race and determine when they are ready for the gift. Its second purpose is to help them along technologically and help them take better care of their plannet until they have become more enlightened.  Unfortunately we are discovered and the humans throw everything they have at us and it is all we can do to stave them off long enough to evacuate without causing them harm. The battle is intense and many furries loose their lives but the humans are protected and repelled.  We escape but the future is now uncertain for the hapless humans because they cut off their noses inspite of their faces.  They need the gift so badly that an emergancy councel is held to determine if it is now time. It is decided that ready or not they will receive it.  The repacusions will be enormous but in time the human society will stabalize and prosper again.  This time harmony and enlightment will prevail. It will be safe to welcome the humans into the glactic community.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:44:03 am »
Lol, I remember thinking the TV had to blink so it could change transitions.

Germs made up what color things were.

Aliens come kill the children who aren't asleep at night.

Putting a pencil in water made it magical so anything I drew could come to life (thanks spongebob...)

Age is determined by a number written inside your chest which melts into the next number on your birthday.

Girls had cooties.

Static electricity was really a super power.

Lastly, I believed I was ALWAYS being watched behind my back, like someone was trying to hunt me down and kill me, and whenever i turned to see who's there there was nothing... Dun dun duuunnn
Come find me! More to come!

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:54:57 am »
having built a swing-wing jet plane thing. ran on water (split water into hydrogen and O2 and burned) and hence left a trail of steam behind it. had VTOL capabilities (that looks exactly like the early thunderbirds style) and was also capable of supersonic flight.

I'm not sure it would gain any energy this way (does splitting them not use as much as you'd get from burning them?) but if you skipped that part, the rest is probably do-able. You could start out converting the engines in one of those old supersonic VTOL fighters the Soviet navy had ages ago...
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:45:28 pm »
Shortly after seeing the Eragon movie, I used to replace the main character guy with myself. I have always fantasized myself, whether human or not, getting outcast from a group and having to prove myself to get back in. Imagine something that happened to that guy in Avatar, the one with the blue aliens, not the bald monk one. How he was sort of banished from the pack, but came back to save them anyways, even though no one wanted him. Now, mind you, this was before that movie even came out. While we are on the topic of Avatar, the other Avatar, the one with the airbender guy in it also had a very similar scene. When the firebender, I believe his name was Zuko or something, tries to join Ang's group. He was basically outlawed from the group because he had previously been trying to kill them, but now he is really trying to help them out. I used to imagine myself like that, too.

More recently, my fantasies consist of the worlds I have created in my mind. The Anthro versus Human war, in which I am human. After overcoming extreme odds, I am imprisoned by my own species because I have begun to change physically into an Anthro. After dealing with the Human cruelty against myself just because I have changed appearance, I resolve to join the anthros against the oppressing humans. But even though I look like them, they can tell I was human, and most want nothing to do with me. This fantasy is still relatively unfinished.
Another is me being in a world, a thousand years in the future, and society has totally collapsed. There is no government, so there is no protection. The whole world it seems is at war. I am in the middle, just fighting to stay alive long enough to see the sun the next day. But the Armies are the least of my problems. Toxic rain, which creates toxic rivers, supply the only water. The only easy meat to come by is a hideous little bear-like thing, which when eaten will kill you faster than you can take the next bite. Several creatures, like Shadows, Swarm, Napalm Dogs, Hunters, and Mexican Wasps, roam the area looking desperately for anything to eat. Humans are at the bottom of the food chain here. My life consists of fighting against these odds, in a depressing world where someone I know dies almost everyday.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:47:18 pm »
I'm confused how that could go on very long given the apparent lack of food or water.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 05:58:34 pm »
I usually disregard most of the laws that regulate life, such as I don't eat or drink much at all in my fantasies. Although, this poses a serious question when I write them into stories. So in that particular fantasy, there is a character named Shaun. He is very intelligent and has made some chemical mixture that is apparently safe to drink. You poor a small amount into the some of the water and mix well, then wait a while for some good refreshing H2O. Dogs and most other animals can handle the toxins in the water, but humans don't have the stomach for that. In the first book that revolves around this fantasy world, the main character gets water in two main ways. One is through Shaun's water purifying chemicals, and the other are vines and other such plants such as cactus. Plants can clean out the water some. Not all rain is toxic, just the deep red colored cloud produce the toxic rain. Of course, there rarely ever isn't deep red colored clouds. In the second book, I will outline this need for water more, because Shaun is killed in the first book. So the main character struggles to obtain drinkable water. As for me, I just don't bother with food or water, as it's all in my head. But that's one of the things that makes it a fantasy and not real life. I hope that clears it up some. Any more questions just ask them.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline typingwithpaws

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 08:09:45 am »
this is why they are fantasies. you can fudge the laws of physics and logic a little if you are not prepared to make up plausible sci-fi solutions to them.

it seems like you and me have some simmilarities in our thought patterns glowie  :o :)

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 12:39:18 pm »
 :o That's a little scary because my thought patterns are all over the place! :D But yes, it's a fantasy because it doesn't necessarily make sense. I find things like eating, drinking, and bathing to be a complete waste of time in my fantasies which I could use to have fun or fight for my life. So I just never get any dirtier, never get thirsty, and never get hungry. Also, I tend not to sleep that often either, and when I do, I usually get attacked by something, so I don't sleep for long. :P Typing is right, though. My fantasies don't make any sense even in a Sci-Fi scene, yet I am in the process of writing it into a novel. Because of this, I had to tone down the toxic rain a little, and make the creatures less dangerous, as to give the characters a chance. :(  In my mind, swarm run about three times the speed any human can, but in the book they run about the same speed. Also, I added birds and edible plants and such in the novels to give the character some edible food. In my mind, almost nothing is edible. But that's alright. They make for great books once you change them so they make sense. :)

PLUR

Offline typingwithpaws

• Male
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:54 am »
i forgot about one. on my drive home from work i often think how simply epic it would be to have this engine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNdchIsnM_w&feature=related

in my van. (if you dont like engines then you best save your time by not clicking the link  ;))

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 01:43:10 am »
Actual fantasies? Well, I suppose the biggest two are:
1) Faster than light travel without stupid causality issues & on a relative budget without stupid restrictions (like only subatomic particles, no matter/only energy), etc)
2) The capacity to both create AND travel to the created universe (with no attachment to the lifespan of the original universe)
Both of which would be so very much appreciated in making my kernel's execution so much easier.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:11 pm »
So many I have forgotten...

I used to imagine I could shapeshift all or parts of my body. So hands bacame weapons, feet let me travel quickly, and things were generally OP in my mind...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07:58 am »
*points to Kael* He wished he was Alex Mercer from prototype before Prototype was a game XD I'd sue for theft of ideas man >.>