Author Topic: Survival Stories  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
Survival Stories
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »
I just thought that it would be kinda interesting to have a thread to share interesting, funny, or just generally noteworthy stories from the entire genre of Survival/Survival Horror. I guess I'll start.

Recently, I began playing Project Zomboid once again, and let me tell ya, it is much harder than I remember. My first game revolved around a lovely man named Joshua Perez. Joshua is not very skilled when it comes to staying alive. On his first day, he managed to anger a horde of about 20+ zombies. Since the only weapon he had on him was a golf club, he decided to run into the forest in an attempt to lose the horde. As it turned out, this was not a very good idea. Joshua became lost for two days, and only survived by coming across an old logging complex, and looting the vending machines inside. However, he was now in the middle of nowhere. After trekking along backcountry roads for the better part of a day, he finally came across a highway. He was excited, since with highways, came buildings, and with buildings came food. His joy was short lived however, when he noticed the large horde of zombies that had spotted him. In a panic he ran -- you guessed it -- back into the forest. Unsurprisingly, he became lost again.

This was when I gave up on poor Joshua. Maybe he's still roaming in the forest. Maybe he's dead. I suppose we'll never know...
GameMaster Status!

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Survival Stories
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:43:33 pm »
bleh for a second i though this was about infestation survival stories.. (its a horrible game)

i dont recall any stories right now, though i might remember a few in a bit

Offline C05M0515

• Female
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:58:31 pm »
That's hilarious!!! When it comes to survival horror, the only thing that I played frequently enough was Silent Hill. I remember in SH:Origins, I was carrying a t.v., and beat a nurse with it until it broke, and got hit a bunch, but with luck I found another weapon right by her, which was a close call. But in other games with different genres, I remember in GTA: Vice City, I accidentally jumped off a cliff that was one of the biggest ones in the game and my character skid down the side, occasionally bumping into edges of cliff as he fell, which broke his fall. It felt like he fell forever as fear filled my mind. AND HE LIVED. I beat the highest jumping record that my friend tried hard to obtain in that game. They never beat mine!... Another time, I was watching someone play Dark Souls, and they ran outside to a small balconey that they thought they were supposed to go to, when a giant enemy rushes towards them, right as the enemy swings, my friend closed the door to the balconey. I lost it. I couldn't stop laughing at how casually he prevented this colossal sized enemy from killing him just by closing one small door.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:00:44 pm by C05M0515 »

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:55 am »
My brother and I was play some Resident Evil 5 and this chainsaw dude came out of nowhere and we ran around for 30 minutes, shooting him with the pistol, we died.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 01:27:47 am »
Not sure if this counts, but...
Go to YouTube, search "Space Engineers Role Play" Look for the one that has "Terra Incognita" in the title and is by W4stedSpace. It's a Space Engineers story driven survival series where the survivors of the Wreck of the USS Constitution fight against something that's been following them. The story is told in three seperate points of view so just watch the series. Morph's crash landing gives me the chills every single time. You'll see that it is a survival series with cliffhangers and everything. It's as if it was recorded to be a TV show.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.