Author Topic: Close friends... kinda [IC]  (Read 6328 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Close friends... kinda [IC]
« on: July 22, 2014, 05:33:00 pm »
(I would suppose we are all in the bar. But I'm looking out for those characters who aren't old enough to drink. Don't do it. We don't want any law breakers around here. *sheriff glares around the room*)

Terrence took a large swig from his mug, sitting down at corner the bar's room. He put his beer down, wiping the foam off his lips and sighing at how it came to this. He wasn't absolutely miserable or unsatisfied with his life. Everything seemed rather calm here in fact. He liked it that way. Just something always bothered him about why he never really made it big anywhere or just got stuck here in the town of Andale for that matter. He took another large gulp from his beer and it was soon finished. He knocked on the table showing that he wanted another. Where was that waitress?

Jenna was sitting at the same table as Carlos, sitting at the end of the booth playing her gamebark advance. She occasionally glanced over at him and noticed he was bragging to other girls about his skating achievements. What else was new? She sighed and rolled her eyes and went back to her game. She seemed to be really into it for a few moments as she had a boss battle to conquer.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: Close friends... kinda [IC]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »
Helena saw as Terrance slammed down the mug. She immediately came over carrying a small tray with a fresh mug of beer. "Here you are sir." she said as she set the mug down and took the old one. She stopped at the bar for a moment, it seemed rather peaceful at this time of day...save for that damn cockatoo and his entourage.

"...So...Once I landed that heelflip to that sick crooked grind, I knew I had it then." Carlos said rather proudly, taking a sip of his kamikaze. It was his usual rituals to take some of the girls who watched him at his skate jams to take them out so he could brag about his win. one of the girls seemed entranced by his Mohawk "Ahh yea...the golden Mohawk...one of my key features..." He snickered a bit grabbing the bottom of his tanktop "And that's not the only thing to admire on me ladies..." suddenly he pulled off his tanktop, revealing the definition on his upper body. "Eat your hearts out girls..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:06:19 pm »
Terrence nodded as Helena gave him another fresh mug of beer. "Thanks. I never got your name," he said with a plain face and a raised eyebrow. He could really care less to get to know her. But he would at least like to know her name to thank her properly for the drinks.

Jenna pointed a finger at her mouth. "Blech. Just shut up Carlos. We're here to have a fun time, not look at your petty excuse for abdominals," she said jokingly with a smirk. "Oh and I'm going to get a tattoo soon on Thursday. Just thought I would let you know so we can't hang out then," she said as she continued to play her gamebark. She then raised it in victory with a wide smile. "Success! Beaten again by my hands. That's the third time this week! Take that Ninja Bladen!"
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:49:19 pm »
Jack sat in a dimly light corner of the bar, he had a cigarette in front of him, burnt halfway down signs he had long forgotten of it. He peered up over his book. The Basic Writings of Nietzsche and observed taking mental notes of the other patrons. 'Carlos...craves attention...uses petty means...petty means validate him....conclusion not enough praise or affection from home, although would need to view his home, but he is loud and boisterous, engaging in stupid highly dangerous sports another way of gaining attention...Interesting' After completing his mental note he returned to his book, ashing off his cigarette, but not taking a drag from it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:53:39 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:30 pm »
Carlos merely laughed a bit at Jenna's statement. "Oh c'mon, those heroes in your games ain't got nothing on me!" He might not have been the most ripped bird in the world but he was someone to give a second look. "What tattoo you gonna get Jenna, some creed from one of your games...or you just gonna shoot to be my biggest fan?" a smirk dancing across his face at the last bit.

"Oh...i'm Helena." Helena answered. She didn't usually strike up many conversations at work, but she figured with the slow day...why not? Also might help drown out that cockatoo. "So, what brings you around here should I ask...long day or just same old same old routine?" she asked rather plainly as not to imply everything.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:12:22 pm »
Jenna simply flipped Carlos the bird (sorry for the bad pun) and gave a wide smirk. "Whatever Carlos. It's not like you'd be able to think of anything better. Besides. I don't really know what I want. I just know I scheduled an appointment Thursday and I'm sure I'll figure it out by then," Jenna said with confidence. "Call it whatever you like. Unplanned, eager. But I think it's about time anyways. Besides I have at least an idea of what I want but that's gonna be a surprise."

"I don't know," Terrence said with a shrug. "Little bit of both. Every day seems to be a long day. But hey... you gotta keep living for some reason. Mine just happens to be lost at the moment," Terrence said before Helena realized that Terrence has had three other large mugs before she gave him the new one. "I come here just about every day. I'm surprised we haven't talked yet. But then again I'm not a very talkative guy."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
Carlos merely leaned back a little "Well you best get your idea together by then Jenna. Don't want you complaining about how much you hate your ink when we next meet or hell...even twenty years from now and you'd be like...'The hell did I get this?' Carlos had ordered a bunch of appetizers for everyone in his entourage at the table and they were just arriving.

Helena merely shrugged "I guess we're talking now." trying to lighten up the mood a little "Depends on my mood how much I like to talk...not to mention the patrons..." glancing at Carlos' table "...If nothing else it helps drown out the background noise."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 03:07:23 am »
Jax pulled in, motorcycle engine roaring, to start her shift. "hey, Sorry i'm a little late, traffic was bad" which was a lie, anyone who watched her drive would know she spent half her time breaking the speed limit and the other half committing traffic violations...like weaving between the cars.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 10:21:39 am »
Devynn quietly made her way to the bar, only glancing at the crazy fur riding a motorcycle. While she couldn't legally drink, the bar did have decent home brewed root beer. She opened the door and went to a random empty booth to wait for the waitress.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:33:25 am »
"It'll be fine. Like I said... I have an idea of what I want. I just want the tattoo artist to kinda draw it up for me. Trust me... it'll look good," Jenna said with a shrug as she leaned back in her seat. She yawned as she pulled another cartridge out of her pocket and replaced the current one in her gamebark.

"Probably. I guess you're right," Terrence said with a shrug and a tone as if he really didn't care about the current conversation. "I just wanted to know your name to know who to properly thank. But I don't wanna hold you up in your work."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:03:52 pm by The Wise one »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 01:35:35 pm »
Jack peered up from his book again, and began speaking into it in hushed sarcastic tones. "Hooray the more patrons. The speed freak pyro and the medicine woman." Jack continued to study the other patrons again. 'Terrence..alcoholic...one of the more grounded people here... Jenna and her gamebark...has more than likely developed above average hand eye coordination skills...although the games....gives her sense of adventure she can't get here...Devynn..tribal..opposed to change, but everything must make way for change...strong beliefs based in tribes heritage...Jax...adrenaline junkie..dangerous fair to say disregards most safety for her life and others...Interesting expect to find these archetypes separate, but as this is a smaller town they all must co-exist. They do so seemingly well.' He began to speak to his book again. "What are your thoughts on this Nietzsche?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 02:21:16 pm »
Jax walked to the back and clocked in then walked back up to the bar "hey Dev, what can I get you?"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »
"The usual." Devynn said, referring to her usual extra rare hamburger and rootbeer. "What's with Jack sitting in the corner, creeping on everybody?"

(Not exactly your average medicine woman...   :P )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:20:44 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 05:06:08 pm »
Helena looked over to see Jax taking Devynn's order. "No worries...kind of a slow day honestly." She knew Jax had these tendencies to run late, but she was just glad there was someone to help now "Alright...at least I can stop and relax for a moment now..." Helena pulled a small sketchbook out of her apron and began sketching.

Carlos saw Jenna switching the cartridge "So...off to save some other princess this time?" Carlos asked as he bit into a spicy chicken wing. Carlos had always loved spicy food but something about the boneless hot wings just got him every time.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »
Terrence raised an eyebrow as he saw Helena take out a sketchbook. "What's that," he asked with very little enthusiasm. He then looked closer to see she was sketching. "Oh. So you're one of them artists huh?"

"Actually. As a matter of fact Carlos I'm not. I'm going to stop Dr. Rily this time," Jenna said proud of herself. "He's made all these robots and I'm supposed to be the older model of course. But I'm on a quest to be them all then finally Dr. Rily."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:34:53 pm by The Wise one »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 05:52:15 pm »
Helena shrugged a bit "Eh, call it a hobby or whatever have you...it makes money, sure not enough to live on at this point but it helps. It's also why I don't get out that much. Either i'm cooped up in my apartment drawing or i'm off at the park drawing for strangers on my off-time."

"Well you know the only games I play are in the old school arcade cabinets." Carlos answered. "Don't be afraid to take something to eat Jenna, got coconut shrimp, spicy chicken, heck even got sushi..." taking a bite out of one of the shrimps as he finished. "Mmm...just awesome."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »
Terrence sighed and reached into his pocket. He heard Helena mention it doesn't go enough to live on, but he'll help her out because why not? It's not like he had anything else better to do. Besides the silence of not talking to anyone but himself was starting to get to him. "Here's twenty bucks. Will that get me a sketch or whatever?"

"Pffft. Yeah right. You probably poisoned them or something. Like I would trust what food you give me. I don't wanna wake up in your bed the next morning," Jenna said jokingly with a wide smirk. She kept her eyes on the screen but reached one hand out to find an appetizer. She eventually found a roll of sushi and popped it in her mouth. "Although I can't object if you're buying."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
Jack looked back up this time to observe everybody's food. 'Devynn with meat...total shocker..' Even though he spoke to himself mentally his inner voice was laced with sarcasm. 'Carlos..spicy food...large assortment...hmm.' He shrugged finishing off his dwindling cigarette and returned to his book.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:30 pm »
Helena lit up a bit when Terrance asked for one of her sketches. "I...I usually only charge fifteen for a sketch just so you know. If you want I could add some flat color in for the extra five." she offered. She seemed to be smiling a little now, this had perked her up a fair bit

Carlos laughed a bit "Me? Do that? Not a chance..." he flexed a little "With looks and a body like this...I have no need to do that."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
"Sure. Whatever. Or just keep the extra five. I could really care less," Terrence said noticing her perking up from her previous mood. "I... suppose I could buy a sketch from you every now and again. We all need a little help financially these days," Terrence said finishing his beer.

With that comment, Jenna lost focus on her game and died. "Noooo! Dammit Carlos you made me die!" She soon started back at the beginning of the level and she sighed. "Besides. Like I said. Blech," Jenna said pointing the finger at her mouth once more. "You can be a real pig sometimes you know that," she said half-jokingly. "But whatever. We're still friends somehow right," she asked with a shrug.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:12:45 pm by The Wise one »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:16 am »
Jax came back a couple minutes later with two burgers and two rootbeers "you ask for it so often I figured i'd give it a try"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 10:56:46 am »
"Most furs don't like their meat as rare as I do..." Devynn said, shrugging. "But, maybe you do..." She oil a bite of her burger, then a drink of her rootbeer. "Anything new going on?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:58 pm »
"it tastes alright...nothing new really...wish I could get out ofthis town...pretty boring here"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:20 pm »
Devynn raised an eyebrow at Jax. "I suppose that could be a bad thing... For some people..."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 12:31:25 am »
Helena smiled a bit more "That would be great umm...did I get your name?" Helena did remember Terrance's face but of course, no name was heard. "Either way, that's nice of you. Thanks." she pulled an 11'x8' sketchbook and started laying in some sketching "I'm usually allowed to sketch on the down times."

Carlos felt a little bad about veering her away from her game and causing her to restart the level. "Well, sorry I guess..." sure they didn't know each other very long but he still tried to keep everyone in his entourage happy. "And yeah, we are friends...somehow. I still remember how we met, you beating me at Fur Fighter in that arcade. You obvious beat me but hey at least I won one round."