Author Topic: The Chat room  (Read 2023 times)

Offline LakotaWolf

The Chat room
« on: April 25, 2010, 05:49:30 pm »
While I commend this site and its management upon having a great site, and I also compliment them upon having a nice chat room, I must say that the language restrictions are a little bit much. I make a habit of watching my language as it is anytime I am in chat rooms anyway. But this word filter list and the topics that are not able to be discussed are a bit much.  Sorry to those that I know from there, but I dont think I will find myself going back there. I am back to the other old IRC rooms. The friends I have here can reach me on yahoo, or ask me for it here if you dont have it. I dont mind giving it out. I was told the chat room has grown a good bit with it this way, and I must admit I find that difficult to understand how. But if it works for you guys, you have my best of wishes on it. :)

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Re: The Chat room
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:49 pm »
Yeah, I can understand your concerns, Lakota.  A lot of other forums and IRCs are more open with language and such, but the rules and restrictions in these forums have been around for years and years.  The staff have tried to establish a safe-haven where everybody feels welcome in an atmosphere founded by respect, and most rules have been created for that purpose (both on the IRC and in the forums).

In other words, I'd be okay with any of my relatives seeing what I discuss here. :)

Also, glad to see that you've joined, Lakota!  If you wish, you're more than welcome to introduce yourself in the furry greetings board.  ^_^
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:08:07 pm »
As I've said in the IRC the script follows the rules. It's a G rated room. No one was forcing you to join it if you found the rules restrictive.

I'm glad you've found a network more suited for you but you have been told on more than one occasion via myself, the script and several other users I might add that the room is Family rated.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:11:04 pm by Weisseman »
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline LakotaWolf

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 08:12:52 am »
Yes Alex, but you cant even abbreviate 'what the heck' or even say the word 'whiskey'. those are hardly adult oriented offensive aspects, but yes, I am also glad I found other places. :)

Weisseman, you have told me on more than one ocassion?!? LOL. Hate to break this to you, but this is the first time I have ever seen your name come up.; And this is the first time I have ever made mention of this topic. I didnt even complain in the room about it when I learned of it, I just silently left. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else, but its surely not me.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 10:17:56 am »
Yes Alex, but you cant even abbreviate 'what the heck'

Word filter here had caught it too.

Weisseman, you have told me on more than one ocassion?!? LOL. Hate to break this to you, but this is the first time I have ever seen your name come up.; And this is the first time I have ever made mention of this topic. I didnt even complain in the room about it when I learned of it, I just silently left. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else, but its surely not me.

I'm Syi ;) And I'm sure I can find logs to say otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:30:10 am by Weisseman »
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:38:30 am »
Since this seems to be turning into more of a personal disagreement, I have to ask you guys to please continue the discussion over PM.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:12 am »
Since this seems to be turning into more of a personal disagreement, I have to ask you guys to please continue the discussion over PM.

Seconded. ;) Any disputes, personal disagreements, rantings, etc. about the staff or the services here at Furtopia should be handled through PM only and not on the open forums. Thread closed.