Author Topic: Comments/Advice Given While Suiting  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Comments/Advice Given While Suiting
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:30 pm »
I've been fursuiting at public events for over nine years now. Longer, if one counts the corporate mascot stint. There have been the usual comments with regard to the climate. Then there is the 'helpful' but dubious advice from the people you hope to benefit by your performance. I have a few to share. Maybe you do too.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Comments/Advice Given While Suiting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »
When it comes to non-suiters giving advice to suiters, there's like a wrong way and a right way. I've been guilty of both.  :-[ If a person is new to fursuiting, then it can be helpful to get tips and advice about staying cool, performance tips, and so much more.

But the thing I can't stand is when non-suiters keep being a "nanny" so to speak to fursuiters who are already experienced with fursuiting (Or being a nanny to beginner suiters and keep pestering them on the do's and don'ts of suiting.) and know almost everything there is about suiting. Sometimes, you might get non-suiters who think they are "know-it-alls" even though they've never done a day of fursuiting themselves.  :P Seriously? If you've never done fursuiting yourself, then what makes you the so-called "expert"? Reading, hearing, and seeing about fursuiting, and actually trying on a fursuit and romping around, are two entirely different things.

Offline Talv

• Species: Smol Monster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:39:55 am »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 02:48:30 am by Talv »

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »
I've had to explain why I wear a cotton balaclava and cotton gloves to someone whose experience is limited to Halloween costumes. Was also told I really didn't need my cold vest while suiting in 30-degree weather. This is why suiting up/unsuiting in private is prime.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)