Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 72020 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #925 on: August 28, 2023, 10:27:46 pm »
Most stores are not selling talc.  Talc is a cousin to asbestos. They commonly occur in same mineral deposit.  This makes it hard to ensure 0% asbestos in talc.  It is believed that asbestos contaminated talc powder caused ovarian cancer in some women who powdered nether regions daily for decades.  This has never been proven.
But out of fear and such talc is being abandoned.  And corn starch put in its place.  Too bad corn starch feeds microbe growth and hardened when wet and dried again.  Put foot powder in shoe.  Sweat.  Take shoe off.  Sock is sticky and hard.  Gross as fuuuuuuuck.
Talc won't do that.  It's mineral.
If you find real talc let me know asap. And buy a large container.

Had been using talc to lube my model rocket parachutes for ages. The deal about asbestos in talc had crossed my mind--the Johnson & Johnson lawsuit. Went to Dollar Tree and bought "baby powder". Purchased both medicated body powder and foot powder from the store a few years ago and still have them, but couldn't locate those items now. Very hard to get the foot powder open too.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #926 on: September 10, 2023, 11:10:45 pm »
Read in our local news paper they are allowing people to have chickens within the city limits. Hens only. Your not allowed to have a rooster. Not a big deal. Plenty of regulations in place to keep things clean and neighborly. What got me was the Republican response. A republican rep could not understand why people would want to have hens when the price of eggs are going down. The level of stupidity is amazing. Had a member of any governing body said something that stupid years ago they would have been laughed out of office. They go on to proclaim this will not stop with just hens. People will want to raise sheep and pigs as well. You know, fear mongering. I'm really thankful that our local news paper has let this town know the level of stupidity it takes to be a modern republican.  Unfortunately I know a modern republicans can no longer think for themselves. And see nothing wrong with hens producing eggs without roosters.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #927 on: September 15, 2023, 12:29:14 am »
Still,  local drivers grind my gears.
I think these people grew up down wind of a lead smelter.

Does green mean go or pick the nose? Well they can't figure either one out.  It hurts living amongst these mere mortals.
( that part is a joke)
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #928 on: September 16, 2023, 08:09:53 pm »
Jade you and I suffer from the same school of driving. Both green and red lights are just suggestions. Yellow is there because it looks good. OK to make a right on a red means it's also OK just to park there.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #929 on: October 01, 2023, 04:55:03 pm »
My cable and internet provider. I don't watch much TV. But when I want to I would like it to be there. Every once in a wile I like to catch Noir Alley on the TMC channel. Don't know when it happened but last night I found out that TMC is now upgrade only. They just raised the price and now they want more fore what I thought I was paying for. The good news is I can watch the same Noir movies for free on line. All of these movies are in the public domain.  If TMC gets 99% if their shows for free then why do they need more money? Then there is the internet.  Been having problems getting my emails. In sporadic patters I get my email without having to do anything. But this WILL turn itself off if I have to give passwords or verification to open some of my mail. It can be a real pain in the back.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #930 on: October 13, 2023, 08:55:50 pm »
Dude parked his new 4wd crewcab pickup 90-degrees out from a parking space that runs parallel to the edge of the parking lot--clearly marked too. One had to drive through the crosshatched area to enter the lot. Fortunately, there were no other patrons at that business.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #931 on: October 21, 2023, 10:46:46 pm »
The Anime channel I watch has been hacked again.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #932 on: October 23, 2023, 02:00:47 am »
The totally out of their mind pricing for business supplies. For a part I need. If I buy one I get it for $9.99. If I buy a box of four I get the box for $55........  One at a time I get lids. A case of four I have to buy the lids separately. And the more in a single case I buy the more expensive they get. Different product.  If I buy this product straight from the American manufacturer a case is almost $70. If I buy from that exact same manufacturer through Amazon the very same case would cost $38. FROM the very same manufacturer. The very same product. I've been in management. I understand it's important to be able to keep track of multiple departments spending. So you only get supplies from a hand full of companies. You get raked over the coals to make it easy on tracking and accounting. Not happening. Who ever ends up doing my taxes will be working on them for weeks.  :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #933 on: October 28, 2023, 02:15:37 pm »
People who cough or sneeze and don't bother to cover their mouth. It really pisses me off.  :goldpissed: :goldpissed: :goldpissed:

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #934 on: November 03, 2023, 06:53:08 pm »
Eating challenges for views! You could help end hunger but would rather make a pig out of yourself for views.  :goldpissed:

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #935 on: November 04, 2023, 12:30:39 am »
That's a good point Firelight!  Yeah it's sorta stupid isn't it!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #936 on: November 12, 2023, 07:03:50 am »
Parked in a spot near the marketplace in Michigan's "Little Bavaria" yesterday morning. As the town wakes up, parking fills up fast. Some will make their own parking space as it's not enforced, but no one dares take a blue space. In moments of my arrival, all the safety zones were occupied, then more were parked outside--making the access lane narrow. so only one car could pass either direction. Crazy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 07:25:58 am by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #937 on: November 12, 2023, 10:35:54 am »
I'm stupid.  What's a blue space?

What grinds my gears lately?
Unrealistic expectations in my chosen profession.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #938 on: November 13, 2023, 01:06:28 pm »
I'm stupid.  What's a blue space?

What grinds my gears lately?
Unrealistic expectations in my chosen profession.

Handicap Parking
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #939 on: November 13, 2023, 03:52:24 pm »
Here,  a few stores have dedicated police parking.  I thought perhaps that is what a blue space was.  But now I getcha.

My company misplace perhaps 80,000 dollars of government equipment.  Not good.
How did we do that?
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #940 on: November 22, 2023, 01:02:00 am »
Amazon's idea of black a Friday deal is to raise the price OR join prime to get the better deal. Ended up paying more for what I need.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #941 on: December 09, 2023, 03:05:09 pm »
Dashing Foxy has a regular feature on FPS now. It's his avatar ranting about things that really tick him off. It's called Consider This and usually runs during the second half of the show.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #942 on: December 16, 2023, 07:04:02 pm »
Again with my local walmart. The had a small display of tins of popcorn. Now they are sold out. Had bought two cans earlier this week. Noticed one was damaged. Wanted to get a replacement. So I bought all the popcorn in separate bags and boxes. Family will get popcorn boxes this year.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2024, 05:56:30 am »
 I do my best to support local businesses. Know I can get things cheaper at a few of the big box stores in town. Would rather support a locally owned franchise. My locally owned lumber yard. I went to the back counter to get a few yards of window screen. And stood there. There was a guy on the phone. Had no problem with that. With a customer. There were three employees farther back in the room. They saw me. I saw them. They were talking.  I stood there. And stood there. After a good four minutes I left. Drove down the street and got what I needed from a big box store. Not the first time this has happened. Know others who've been treated the same way.  The only thing this local business has that the big box stores don't is lumber. I think from now on I'll drive the 40 miles to get lumber from somewhere else.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #944 on: January 20, 2024, 09:58:44 am »
A pickup ahead of me on the expressway, driving well below the posted speed limit, suddenly brake checks and swaps lanes. There was no traffic ahead of him.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #945 on: January 28, 2024, 05:32:01 am »
My credit card. This is the first and only card I have ever had. Well over 30 years with the same card.  I need a new one. The story behind my decision. My new Mac was delivered to the nearest Apple store. About an hour + drive from here. I was told they would hold it for a week. They sent it back in one day. That's not my cards fault. What is my cards fault is I can't use it. i can us it on paypal and amazon. But not in person. They send texts to my land line phone. Because that's the phone that's always been on the account. Really big problem. So the story. I called Apple and reordered the computer. Through this phone call I was able to send it to someone else. That way I would know it wouldn't sit out all night on my front porch. The agent at Apple said I should call my card and let them know that i did, in fact, just ordered a computer. So I contacted my card and that's when the problems begin. They told me it should be instant. If I had used the card they would see it or why it was rejected. Nothing there. Guess they were waiting for me to respond to a text sent to a LAND LINE. Because that's the number that's been on the card for years. I'm not against anyone doing their best to keep fraudulent activity at bay. But this has gone to far. I'll call them up again tomorrow. In the mean time I'll have to buy a cheap computer just to finally be able to get to my emails. I'll use my back card.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #946 on: February 13, 2024, 03:53:36 am »
My new Apple computer. The lightning connectors. And the idea that having a keyboard you have to keep charged because it's wireless. The adapter I got. An Apple adapter. Wont slide into any one of the ports. I'm gong to call Apple up tomorrow. Find out what I can do to have a corded keyboard. If there is no way to do this I'll take this box back. Then buy a Windows.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #947 on: February 13, 2024, 02:34:26 pm »
Update. I have another adapter coming. Should be here tomorrow.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #948 on: February 16, 2024, 12:31:08 pm »
Update the update and buying this new computer. First I had it shipped to the store in St Louis. Did that on the advice of the person who took the order. The order stated to hold it for seven days. The folks at the store shipped it back the same day they got it. So I re ordered and had it shipped to someone I knew would be home. Got it. Long story, cant' hook it up. First thing I bought cost me $50+ to have shipped early. Didn't work. Second one ordered was supposed to show up Tue. It's Friday. Don't have it. Called Apple. Order didn't go threw because my bank screwed up the order by .43. The new part is supposed to be here Tomorrow. I also have an extension on the time to test it out.

What grinds my gears? Getting this new IMac has been a nightmare. Hoping for a good ending.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #949 on: February 17, 2024, 07:51:59 am »
Credit card companies now tracking firearms and ammo purchases? Maybe they'll catch some gang bangers? Genius! <sarcasm> They could try the same tactic on buyers of weed, as that's a controlled substance to the Feds. Most will just pay cash anyway. So they're pushing digital currency. Expecting lawsuits.
(Baps the old humorist.)