Author Topic: Another question, this time virus busting D:  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
Another question, this time virus busting D:
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:14:46 pm »
:/
Hmms my internet has been acting weird ever since I watched my boss's dogs and plugged my internet into her router...

I ran my McAfee program and didn't get any hits that were out of the normal. Just one or two adwares. Then I ran NoAdware and got rid of what it picked up, mostly harmless tracking cookies. THEN I ran a sweeper to get rid of old files and temp files that I don't need. Deleted a few programs that I don't need. Deleted alot of new files I downloaded since dog watching and my internet is still acting weird!!

Whenever I try to download something like right click download, save a picture, or even upload something to FA, my browzer freezes. I thought it was maybe just Firefox, but I tried on Internet Explorer and it froze. And also my RealPlayer is being stupid now too. It deleted my library randomly cause it froze :/ It then keeps saying errors when I try to scan my comp for music files to RE-ADD them back in... maybe just uninstalling and reinstalling would fix RealPlayer... but i can't download anything!!

Help plz :C

Also, I use the programs Ad-Aware and Spy Bot Search and Destroy they are good for removing adware and such, but when I run my McAfee it sometimes pics up trojans in program files of these 2 programs... should I not trust these programs anymore?

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Serathano

• R A W R
  • Male
    • Kobaj.net
Re: Another question, this time virus busting D:
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:19 am »
I use ad-aware and dont have any problems, but i have had problems with mc afee in the past on my mom's computer. another couple programs to try are CCleaner and Avast Antivirus. both free, both awsome. and to see if anything is there but undetected and still accessing the internet, get zone alarm and deny anything suspicious.
My Furry Code: FFTw3a A C- D+ H+ M- P- R++ T+++ W Z- Sm++ RLCT* a- cn++++ d+ e- f h* iwf++ j+ p++ sm--

Signature Picture by: Neifon Baako