Author Topic: Can't edit messages  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Cchytale Murilega

• Species: Cat
  • Male
Can't edit messages
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:24:06 pm »
Because when I click "Save" it doesn't save the changes I made.

Actually, I can edit it but only with the full edit. I can't save changes using quick edit.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:49:22 pm by Shakat »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Can't edit messages
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:51:49 pm »
What post/thread are you trying to edit and where?

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:37:01 pm »
What post/thread are you trying to edit and where?

Any post and anywhere.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »
Actually, I can edit it but only with the full edit. I can't save changes using quick edit.

I don't understand what you mean by this?

Let's say for example a person writes a post, they post their post, and then they notice later that they accidentally misspell a word. What they can then do is go to the upper right portion of their post and click where it says "Modify" and then you'll be taken to a screen where you can edit your post. Once you've made the appropriate edits/changes, then click "Save" at the bottom, and then you'll be taken back to the thread where your changed post is.
Once you've made a edit/change in your post, you'll see at the bottom of your post where it'll say "Last edit today at ......... by ........"

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »

I don't understand what you mean by this?

Let's say for example a person writes a post, they post their post, and then they notice later that they accidentally misspell a word. What they can then do is go to the upper right portion of their post and click where it says "Modify" and then you'll be taken to a screen where you can edit your post. Once you've made the appropriate edits/changes, then click "Save" at the bottom, and then you'll be taken back to the thread where your changed post is.
Once you've made a edit/change in your post, you'll see at the bottom of your post where it'll say "Last edit today at ......... by ........"

What don't you understand about it? I'm saying it only saves my changes if I modify my post using the Modify button above one's post. If I try to edit it using the quick edit button which is located below one's post, it will not save my changes.

And why are you describing to me how to modify posts? I know how to do it, I just found a bug that doesn't allow me to save my changes if I use the quick edit button.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:10 pm »
Testing this out

-edit-

I see what you mean about the quick edit. I'll look into this.

In the mean time it doesn't prevent any function for the forum by being broken. Just have to use the modify post method instead.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:48:19 pm by Weisseman »
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:12 pm »
Ok, I see what you mean now. As Weisse said, Just use the "Modify" button in the meantime till he can work on a solution for the other problem. ;)

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08:24 pm »
No problem guys; I just wanted to point it out. I usually am one to post about site bugs as I'm a very observant person.