Author Topic: Things in games that irritate you  (Read 10882 times)

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
Re: Things in games that irritate you
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:47 pm »
Nintendo still seems to be pretty good about supporting local multiplayer. Though they generally don't focus on online play as much. Which is perfectly fine for me 'cause I don't usually care for online play anyways.
I've always been more of a Sony fan, but I can remember playing on my friend's Wii U for the first time. See, I'm really close with his parents, so whenever I come over we always like to play games together, and we played that one party game with the ghost maze. That was the most fun night ever. I really like party games, but it seems he only ones who make them are Nintendo, who I don't really care for their other games. Maybe Sony will release some party games in the future.
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 05:29:45 am »
A pet peeve for gaming is when you are either:

1). spoon fed the missions, not tutorials, but every time to are trying to do it.  It's like a puzzle with a side character going do this dot his!!  I was gong to do this, I'm not stupid!!! 

2). When a game promises you all these spells, characters, summons, etc etc etc, you can do but the storyline gets most-all of them for you.  I kinda feel this to be annoying because i felt that the game promised me something that iwas to find myself and had given me choices to explore....then took them all away

3). Bugs, hackes, continuity errors....(table flip below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukSEaJpPyGw

Offline Talia Garrison

• Species: Zoruark
  • I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 03:43:43 pm »
When someone tries to manipulate a games features and glitches to their advantage. Like when I play team fortress 2 and someone builds a teleporter outside the map and is essentially flying in the sky and shooting people with a birds eye view.

Offline Turgius

• Species: Anthro Wolf/Dragon thing of questionable sanity...
  • Avatar is Artz by Flinters on FA
    • FA Account
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 09:45:10 pm »
Intrusive DRM, excessive hand holding, and dumbing down. 
“Oh I've plenty of time, my time is entirely my own.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Идиот

FCWh3a A C D H M P R T+++ W- Z Sm- RLGP a cn++ d++ e++ f-- h- i++ j p sm-
-Furry Code

Offline 9141702

• Species: Anthro Rat
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 06:22:41 pm »
Unskippable cut scenes.... especially game-engine-rendered on rails segments. DXHR I'm looking at you! If I'm not making any game-changing decisions, for the love of God let me skip it >:C

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »
Unskippable cut scenes.... especially game-engine-rendered on rails segments. DXHR I'm looking at you! If I'm not making any game-changing decisions, for the love of God let me skip it >:C
I could forgive a game for not letting you skip the scene the first time. But after that, yeah you should be able to skip it. The worse is when they have an unskippable cutscene just after a save point but before a difficult fight. Oh what, you died? Well now you have to watch this again.   >:(

Offline 9141702

• Species: Anthro Rat
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:20 pm »
I could forgive a game for not letting you skip the scene the first time. But after that, yeah you should be able to skip it. The worse is when they have an unskippable cutscene just after a save point but before a difficult fight. Oh what, you died? Well now you have to watch this again.   >:(

Yes! First playthrough, that's fair enough... but for NG+ they should assume I'm somewhat aware of what's going on :P

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 08:22:06 pm »
Yes! First playthrough, that's fair enough... but for NG+ they should assume I'm somewhat aware of what's going on :P
Yeah, but even if it's not NG+, just replaying through the game. Like when starting a second character in skyrim, I don't want to have to sit through that long opening again.

Another thing I find annoying, is when games make you grind for stuff as a way to pad out the game.

Offline viper213

• Species: fox
  • Male
    • my soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 10:00:21 am »
YeH I like red faction guerrilla  ut you need to look for scrap all the time
FCF3adf A- C- D H+ M- P R- T++ W- a- cn+++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j p

https://m.soundcloud.com/heyguesswhathi
My music channel if your intrested

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »
Online Games:

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE L-

AG!!!

Playing WoT on Xbox > friend turns on laptop > epic tank drift > lands in lake > Game Over!

(True story bro!)

_________

Other games:

I hate it when you hav-You know what, forget it.  I can handle anything that isn't lag.  Seriously, some things are a little annoying, but i can DEAL with them.  Four-second lag is game-breaking.

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 02:09:23 am »
This is gonna sound really nerdy of me, but I can't stand it when people are tryhards in online games. Usually, I'm a pretty calm person and I don't get mad at games, but I get really annoyed when someone will kill me over and over using cheap tactics when I'm not even fighting them >:(
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Halcali

• Species: Still thinking
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
As a fan of JRPG, I've to be lucky if I wanted to obtain cool items after winning the battle. RPG games use  RNG to decide whether the player is going to obtain the desired items or otherwise. It's frustrating when I killed so many same enemies over and over but won't get the item.
I love soup.

Offline Annie1456

• Species: An anthro husky named Pastel
  • Yellow Yellow!
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 09:43:07 pm »
One word, LAG.
-Annie or Pastel
-She/her
-Been here since 2015 but trying to be active again.

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 07:04:44 pm »
A multichoice story/gameplay that gives no conseqence, reward, or diffrent ending; kind of like in C&C and in KHII
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Talia Garrison

• Species: Zoruark
  • I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:15 am »
I think most people would agree with me when I say squeakers.
A squeaker is someone who is 10 or younger and playing a game like call of duty or halo and has a Mic. They are often extremely annoying, will call people a hacker or cheater when they get killed and sometimes cry into their mics.

Offline Setsuna Damius

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 12:02:57 pm »
Unbalanced Characters

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »
It just needed to be said.  :P

Offline viper213

• Species: fox
  • Male
    • my soundcloud
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »
I loathe dlc and microtransactions I really do most are not worth the money used to get em (there are of course exeptions) but EA is probably the biggest offender right next to the cod franchise I miss ps2 where you bought the game and if you wanted that cheat code or gun you had to work to get it and do things and the game wasnt half finished and the rest sold as dlc you bought a game you got a game and dlc for older consoles was the second installment
FCF3adf A- C- D H+ M- P R- T++ W- a- cn+++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j p

https://m.soundcloud.com/heyguesswhathi
My music channel if your intrested

Offline C05M0515

• Female
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »
Castlevania 2's day night sequence that isn't skippable, Dark Soul's PS3 jump controls (You hold "O" to run and press again to jump), the ragdoll physics being taken out of Dark Souls 2, Dead Rising's whole deal with constantly having to obtain Zombrex in the second game, Megaman's password system(just is weird), and MGGS3's camo system. I love it but it doesn't make sense half the darn time. Resident Evil 4's mechanic with the character Ashley. I'm sure that I can think of way more, but this is it for now.

Offline Ancusmitis

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 11:35:09 am »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:39:47 pm by Ancusmitis »
Stick a fork in me--I'm done.

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 10:47:54 pm »
Whenever I'm in a game of competitive matchmaking and their are smurfs on the other teams.

Smurf: A small blue man that lives in a mushroom
^ literal term

Smurf: A person who decides to fake their rank in an ELO style ranking game, Ex. Silver is where noobs are, Diamond is where very good people are, and the Diamond players make a new account to play in Silver
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Samurai Kai

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Hero of Hisakawa
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 10:56:19 am »
Most above all? Lag! Games don't make people violent, lag does!
If you feel like you don’t belong in this world, it is because you are here to help create a new one.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 11:48:48 am »
1. People who will do whatever they can to cheat at whatever the cost.  >:(
2. People/friends that you thought would be on your "team", then one or more of them "backstabs" you or others so to speak to accomplish his/her own selfish goals.  >:(

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »
When i start playing a game, absolutely love it, and then inexplicably stop playing it, often right before the end.  I have no idea why i keep doing this.

Also, when skill no longer has any part in your success within a game.  May as well just burn your time at a slot machine, you might even have more fun that way.  :P

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »
People who try way too hard to win in non competitive games. It's ok to try your best at games where winning or losing matters (CSGO, LOL) but doing it in games where it doesn't matter it just gets rage inducing.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/