furry arts discussion > traditional and digital artwork

Kada-Ru has some new art. :)

(1/1)

WhiteShepherd:
Kada-Ru just finished a new picture.  I have to say her art is really showing improvements!

I'm posting it here with her permission for review and comment.  Feel free to respond.  This one was created with oil pastels.

Sumarra:
It's really Nice! I particularly love the colors used on the eyes. And the whispiness to the whiskers is perfect... very hard to get that with pencils and ink.

Benjamin:
The colours and tones are very nice, yeah.
I think my only issue with it is that the muzzle doesn't seem as broad as it should be, but otherwise it's a good piece of work.
Congrats, Kada-Ru.

Benjamin

Sumarra:
it's funny, you know. I thought so too until I saw that movie, "Passion in the Desert" and  the jaguar had such a slender nose compared to most otehr big cats. that's why I didn't mention it.  

Kada-Ru:
Thank you for your comments, Benjamin and Sumarra!

Yes, the photo I used for referenced had the slender snout. The only think I feel I messed up on big time was the eye farthest away. Not so much the eye but the surrounding area. It looks like is is larger than around the closest eye. But, practice makes perfect and I am planning on doing some more art on the black background with Oil Pastels. i really like how this one turned out.

I think my best to date!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version