furry arts discussion > traditional and digital artwork

A new pic

(1/2) > >>

Jadnar:

Captain Jadnar

This a pic of me in the future, I'm planning on working on a pic of me in the preasent, but first I need to know what sort of things I should probubly improve upon. Any Suggestons?

Thanks  

DrakonianDanceR:
I really like the picture, as you know.  I'm not a great artist (as you also know) so I can't really help you with it much.  I think it would be nice to draw the full body - as in the bottom of the legs and the feet.  At the minute he's sort of floating.  Also, the shape of legs for a horse is different than what you have drawn, I think.  I'm not an art expert, nor a horse anatomy expert, so I hope you don't think I'm being rude about your art.  This picture to me is amazing - it's much better than anything I can do right now.

Jadnar:
Thats one of the things I'm trying to truly figure out. I'm not to sure on how to throw on horsey legs onto a bipedal body. Its rather unusal.....

Sumarra:
You are very good with designing clothes, Jadnar. That outfit looks neat!

If I were to suggest somethings though, it would be this:

- If the shape of the head is supposed to be a little different by pass this one:
I suggest cutting the size of the tip of the nose down so it's not so big around, then making the cheek bone longer and a bit larger.
Next I suggest making the ears less triangular (they remind me of a feline's). Bring the base of the ear in closer so it resembles more of a ovular, rounded, diamond shape. Experiment with that and see if it works for you.

- As for the legs, wow... Anthro legs can be so difficult to figure out. I spent a long time just drawing different kinds of anthro legs just so I could find a way that worked for me.
You can make them very animal like with the thick, round thighs that have the shins pointed straight down at the ground or, as you have them, with a severe angle. Even porportioning it was a study.
I personally became satisfied when I tried a human's thigh then split a human's shin into two equal parts. So I keep the leg length the same as any human's only move the ankle half-way up the shin. That way you can stretch the leg perfectly straight or give them a more relaxed pose with a slight angle.

The best way to figure something like that out is to take a scrap piece of paper and just draw rought outlines of the different ways you think it should look. Fiddle with the different bends and eventually you'll find one that you really like.

Benjamin:
I agree that the ears don't look very equine. You may want to study some real horse ears or something. They shouldn't have a wide base like wolf or feline ears have.
As for the legs, I've noticed a lot of furs' attempts at drawing digitigrade legs make them look more like some sort of hydraulic machinery and the legs don't really look all that feasible in the way that they're jointed. Find some books with lots of good photos in them, and study those. Sketch from them too if you want. Whatever works.

Benjamin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version