general furry discussion > the polling booth

Anthro operation!

(1/18) > >>

Darius Greywind:
I cant wait for genetics research to proceed to the appropriate level. So long as its all real (IE, it makes you someting genetically distinct from humanity), I wont hesitate, whatever it takes to get there. I think we need something like this to happen. We've evolved as a society for far too long thinking that humanity is somehow the 'best' possible thing there could be. Since FTL travel is way more improbable than genetic research, I'll hold out for us to change ourselves long before we encounter alien species that are not like us.

Spike:
Quote (Burr @ Jan. 24 2005, 9:25 pm)I got some Italian in me, some other European stuff too though. Quite the mutt.
Italian and Spanish.   Yea...hair...

:
Well if it were possible, HELL YEAH!!
I would be the first inline! god it would be so bloody awsome!
Hopefully the people in genetic research and what not get off there lazy butt's and get to work!

zwabbe:
You can accuatly get fur as well..

The same technique they use to make fur on creatures with prostetics..

It would take ages, And you could probably even do it to yourself...

With the right needle

All they do is insert hair after hair after with a bit of glue on it to keep it in....Might be lots of little painful pricks but it can be done.. and if you didnt want to do it yourself you would have to pay someone heaps..

and you can already get face resonstructions and stuff...

So it can already be done.. Its just the accuatully getting it done and paying for it...

Richy:
Maybe . . . .

I think that it could happen, though, what keeps popping into my mind is the idea about the mentaility that could possibly develop. That it'd generally be treated as a 'fad,' and that it could become a hip thing to do for a while, but then lose its popularity the way huge and baggy jeans did after the late '90s.

As it is recently, we tend to loose interest in things pretty rapidly as a society in general. Hell, in the ninties, we went through more style changes then I could possibly recall, and we definately couldn't settle on anything for any real length of time.

Of course, all those who perminantly altered themselves would then have to deal with the fact that they could possibly find themselves out-of-date within a considerably short time.

That's a scary thought, and if we did start seeing things like massive reconstruction like described in this thread, to avoid becoming just another victim of the fad bug, we'd have to steer clear of jumping in, ourselves, until we're pretty much certain that it's not leaving anytime soon.

Though, the simple fact that the majority would be hesitant would possibly be the very thing that makes it become just a passing fad.

See the catch 22?

Personally, I don't think that I'd be all too eager to jump on it myself, if for only for that reason . . . aside the fact that we're not talking about being our characters and acutally wanting to simply become something physically different.

This topic isn't like the other thread where we were asked if we'd like to be our fantasy 'characters' if given the chance--something that I'd be more willing to be apart of. This question takes everything to a different level in which, if the possibility arose, would we literally reconfigure our bodies in a medical sense--aside from all fantasy and the like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version