Author Topic: The last thing you bought.  (Read 89529 times)

Offline Mylo

Re: The last thing you bought, game.
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:10 am »
A train ticket

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:39 pm »
A tub of chicken & bacon-layered pasta.

A train ticket

Where were you travelling?

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 08:10:02 pm »
I last bought Ten bucks in candy boxes and Some glowsticks and Shoelaces!!! :D

I'm SSSOOOO excited im going to start glowstringing now
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:03 pm »
Roast turkey baguette (it's a pity it's not Christmas! :goldlaugh:), packet of crisps/potato chips, and a can of Pepsi.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2012, 01:17:01 pm »
A moutain dew.. other than food stuff and gasoline; parts during a car stereo installation for my wife's car. :)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »
A small hot air balloon, a roll of packaging tape, 2-AA alkaline batteries, a neck wallet, and a package of bathroom tissue. (This is not a MacGuyver episode.)
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2012, 08:18:52 am »
Pork sausage.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »
$100 worth of groceries.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:23 am »
Some groceries, Beauty and the Beast, Puss in Boots, and a new netbook (Acer Aspire One, new model).

Offline Mylo

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »
Paper towels, jelly beans, and some canned green tea. 

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2012, 11:52:37 am »
Batteries and a steak pasty.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »
A 3.5-lb bag of cat food.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:22 pm »
Three sizes of shoelaces - 36in   45in   54in
Four glow sticks - 1 orange   1 green   1 pink   1 yellow
A bag of Hot Cheetos
Small Tub of Ben and Jerry's Fish Food Ice Cream
Trident Gum
2 Mechanical Pencils

All from Wal-Mart! :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »
Last Sunday I went to the Glenside Color Computer Club's 2012 CoCoFEST.  What's a CoCoFEST, you ask?  It is a vintage computer convention centered around the Tandy/ Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer line of 8-bit home computers which were sold from 1980-1991.  This was my very first time going to this particular vintage computer convention, and I had a lot of fun buying a whole bunch of "CoCo"-related stuff for myself, including:

• 4 Full-Height CoCo-compatible 5.25" floppy drives, made by various manufacturers. As for why I bought 4 of these rather large and heavy metal-cased floppy drives (they each are about the size and weight of a cinder block) instead of just one (which is all I really needed), as I often do with inexpensive questionable-condition vintage electronics I decided to apply the "Mongolian Hordes technique" to my purchasing strategy. In other words, since there is no guarantee that *any* of these old beat-up and in some cases slightly rusty floppy drives are still in working condition, I decided to increase my chances of getting one working floppy drive by buying 4 of them. There are members of the vintage computer collecting club that have the knowledge, tools, and expertise to repair and re-align vintage floppy drives, but as of right now I do not currently have these skills so I decided to hedge my bets by buying these fragile devices in quantity.
  • 2 brand new never-opened old-stock CCR-83 Computer Cassette Recorders. Once again I only really needed one of these, but the vendor selling them told me that they cost $10 for one, but that he would make me a deal and sell me two for $12. Well, I took him up on that, and I plan to use one with my CoCo and keep the other factory-sealed in its box as a neat little collector's piece.
  • 2 "Direct Connect Modem Paks for the Color Computer." While these two 300-baud modems did come in their original boxes, they are anything but new, so since they were inexpensive I applied the Mongolian Hordes technique to buying them as well.
  • A TRS-80 "X-PAD."  This is some kind of line-artwork digitizing pad with a stylus (think 1980's ancestor to today's Wacom tablets), which I was told was only compatible with the CoCo1 (which I do not have). You also need some other accessory that I don't have before you can actually use it.  While I am not able to utilize this particularly cool-looking piece of hardware at this point in time, it was free so I still snapped it up!
  • The TRS-80 Color Computer-related books, Color Computer Graphics and Introducing Your Color Computer 3.
  • The following software titles: Zone Runner, Ghanabwana, Color Computer Artist, Rogue, Koronis Rift, and Color Math. Most of these are still factory-sealed in their original packaging, which is pretty awesome!
  • I won a TRS-80 Color Computer 2 through the CoCoFEST's live voice auction!
  • My biggest ticket item was a working Tandy CM 8 color monitor for the CoCo3, which cost almost as much as everything else that I bought put together. With that said, the monitor was in great shape so I figured that paying to get such a nice matching monitor for my system would be worth it.
  • Various other computer-related odds and ends, such as a 40GB PATA (IDE) hard drive, a Logitech trackball, some various adapters and electrical components, etc.

To add to all of that wonderful goodness, I also won a fantastic door prize while I was there-- a $25 roll of golden $1 coins, which came in handy when I was bidding in the CoCoFEST live voice auction! :) As a result, all things considered I was extremely ecstatic with my purchases, and I couldn't wait until I got home and I pulled the TRS-80 Color Computer that I already had out of storage in my basement and I tried out some of this new stuff on it, well that is until I actually did...

To explain, a lot of the software and the relatively expensive monitor that I bought could only be used with a 128K or better TRS-80 Color Computer 3. That was because I was absolutely convinced that my one and only Color Computer that I owned before I went to this convention, which I bought on eBay many years ago, *was* a 128K Color Computer 3. That was also why I happily bought the 64K Color Computer 2 that was up for auction at CoCoFEST-- I thought that I was adding a CoCo2 to the CoCo3 that I already allegedly had, expanding the number of models of CoCo's that I had in my collection.  However, when I pulled my original CoCo's box out of storage in my basement, in bold red letters on its side was written the following: "Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer 2."  *facepalm*  Instead of having a CoCo3 and a CoCo2 like I thought that I had, it turns out that I actually now own two 64K CoCo2's.  Count on me, Mr. Absent-Minded Professor, to pull a complete boneheaded move like that!   :-[  So the very pricey CM 8 monitor and nearly all of the software that I bought at CoCoFEST this year is actually completely unusable with the model of the Color Computer that I have! *sigh*

With that said, does anybody know where I could pick up an inexpensive TRS-80 Color Computer 3?  It turns out that I kind of need one now!  :D

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 03:15:14 pm »
A roll of Blaze Orange duct tape.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Mylo

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2012, 04:35:35 pm »
A 50" tripod, a 6" tripod, and a disposable camera.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2012, 05:41:06 pm »
A salad fur one,
a V8 fruit splash, single serving,
and 2 cookies, terrible tasting.
All from my cafeteria 8)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2012, 05:15:12 am »
I bought two yards of fuax fur, a half yard of purple fabric, one yard of grey fabric and a yard of mesh-type stuffs xD

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Mortuest

• Fur-curious
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »
Ooooh, what'cha makin'?

Just bought breakfast at Denny's post-Crypticon

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2012, 04:24:33 am »
I'm going to make my King Cheetigah preeetty soon here xD

I just bought this little Skunk fridge-magnet thing :3! Mwuahaha!

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2012, 07:56:13 am »
A shiny new guitar amp! 120 watts of beautiful valve tone~ :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2012, 03:04:38 pm »
$40 in groceries, and Barnes & Noble had a Buy 2 and get the 3rd Free DVD sale. So I bought:
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Forbidden Kingdom
Knowing

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »
A bunch of poetry books at a local book sale.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:06 pm »
A black and red pencil dress, so I have something smart that makes me feel confident to wear to interviews.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
Lunch at work today.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.