Author Topic: My Site Broke  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Skwirl

• Another Furry Erotica author on the rise...
  • Male
    • Skwirl's Nest
My Site Broke
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:26:03 pm »
Hey,

I've been sending E-Mails to the admin addresses I found here on the Furtopia site, but I kept getting mailer daemons and like, no responses.

So I decided to find my way back here and ask this...

My website at skwirl.furtopia.org is shot. There's a database problem so the site can't be accessed, and I can't even FTP anymore because FileZilla says the connection failed, so I don't know what's going on. I know there's a new installation in the servers or whatever, but now I can't even clean out the space and start new.

What should I do from here? I like the settings I have with my Wordpress setup, but if I have to have everything nuked, please do so, so I can start on a clean slate.

Thanks much, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:19:47 am by Skwirl »
Santo Ciaravino (Skwirl)

scskwirl.webs.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: My Site Broke
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:34:33 pm »
I'll try to get in contact with WhiteSheperd and see if he can help. ;)

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:00 am »
I can't even FTP anymore because FileZilla says the connection failed, so I don't know what's going on. I know there's a new installation in the servers or whatever, but now I can't even clean out the space and start new.

I can help you with the FTP question at least.  When Furtopia was upgraded to new hosting software early last June, changes were made to how the members' FTP accounts were administered and controlled and all of the old FTP accounts were shut off.  You now control your own FTP account instead of the Furtopia admins controlling it for you, and you have to enable that account and set it up using Furtopia's new web hosting account control panel.  WhiteShepherd explains how to do this in the very first post of this forum thread:

Notice ALL Members - Server Upgrade 6/1/2010

I just followed those instructions myself to re-setup my FTP account a few days ago, and they worked like a charm.  Hopefully that information helps!

I'll try to get in contact with WhiteSheperd and see if he can help. ;)

I myself am having some more specific problems with my Furtopia-hosted websites, and PM'ed both WhiteSheperd and Kada-Ru about them about 4-days ago with no reply yet.  Now I am not complaining by any means-- 4-days is not a very long time and I am sure that they both must be very busy with their real lives outside of Furtopia.  I am always appreciative of them and all of the help that they have given me in the past!  Hopefully they are both alright and will be able to make their way back to Furtopia soon!   :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:34:01 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Skwirl

• Another Furry Erotica author on the rise...
  • Male
    • Skwirl's Nest
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:48:23 am »
Cool, thanks guys!

I finally got the FTP to work; thankfully I found out the proper way to set up the host/login/password on my FileZilla program.

The database, I imagine since the database was the admin's hard-coding before the site revamp, that must have gotten removed so I can start the new one with this service, hence the Database Connection error; if it were hard-coded to my account, I'd figure it'd still be there.

That pretty much means I'm nuking my site to start brand new, which sounds splendid to me since I have plans.

Again, thank you for the heads up!

EDIT:

Um... I'm following the instructions to install Wordpress, after having set up a new database, and it's not working.

Is there a line-by-line instruction here on doing that?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:06:55 pm by Skwirl »
Santo Ciaravino (Skwirl)

scskwirl.webs.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:57 am »
Um... I'm following the instructions to install Wordpress, after having set up a new database, and it's not working.

Is there a line-by-line instruction here on doing that?

Not that I'm aware of?