announcements > meet the mods & staff

*pulls self out of a hat*

(1/63) > >>

Arbutus:
Oh me oh my, look at this! I logged onto the forums a few nights ago only to discover that the modfolk had named me a watcher! Thank you so much, all of you! (: I've been wanting to help out around here for a while, but until recently I was too stressed out to even handle it; now, though, I'm really looking forward to contributing a bit more to Furtopia beyond my frequent and occasionally deranged posts. ;)

I was also told that I now get to create my very own thread in this here subforum, and great Scott, who can pass up a chance like that??

About me! I am a rabbit. My name is Arbutus (pronounced ARE-byu-tus). In keeping with the Watership Down universe, I am named after a small flower. I am the ringleader of the Lapine World Domination Front, a revolutionary organization which aims to support rabbits worldwide in shaking off their chains and revolting against the tyranny of the predatorial races. I also have a pretty awesome coat. 8)

On the RL side of things (lame), I am 21, male, a recent college graduate (from Williams College, up in the mountains of Massachusetts), and am currently employed writing questions for standardized tests, which is actually a pretty awesome job! Who knew? I hope to join the US Foreign Service one day and work for the State Department as a diplomat-- that's what I'm currently working towards. Things I love include history, linguistics, learning foreign languages, traveling, hiking, reading amazing books, and most importantly, music, around which my life sorta revolves. Oh, and rabbits. :orbunny:

That is me! Now it is your turn! Ask me questions-- about furry, RL, personality, friends, music, books, dreams, embarrassing and possibly incriminating stories, whatever. Anything is fair game!

Weisseman:
Haha! I've been waiting for you to do this  :D  I saw you were last night  :)

*pouncehugs*

Congratz! and now for the question: Do you want these cookies  (:

Sage:
Congrats and welcome to the fun :)

Kwan:

--- Quote from: Arbutus on July 16, 2008, 10:23:52 pm --- I am the ringleader of the Lapine World Domination Front, a revolutionary organization which aims to support rabbits worldwide in shaking off their chains and revolting against the tyranny of the predatorial races.
--- End quote ---
I would like at this moment to remind predators everywhere that rabbits are far more tender, meatier, and flavorful than mere gamey, connective-tissue-filled rats.
(I am of course saying that in the spirit of self-preservation, and certainly not to throw you off the trail of the Great Rat Conspiracy, which clearly does not exist).

--- Quote ---I also have a pretty awesome coat. 8)
--- End quote ---
...Dibs on the coat when he's gone.

Afterthought:  Also dibs on the hat.

Alexandre:
Yeay for you, Arbutus!  *huggles to death*  o.o

Kwan, I was gonna call the coat... aww...

...maybe we should have an auction on it... <.<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version