general furry discussion > lifestylers

Are you a free paw?

(1/72) > >>

Hayaikawa:
Free paws are fur's who prefer to go barefoot when ever possible. Some fur's actually decide to go barefoot to get closer to there fursona. It's so much nicer to actually feel where your walking.

I will always walk barefoot when ever I can.
I think of shoes like gloves for your feet I only ever use them when i need to.
I mean would you wear super hard gloves over regular glove's.

Human feet are just like animal feet, it's just because we always wear shoe's that are feet are week. Same thing for stinky feet the only reason they smell is because we wear socks and shoes.

I've been actually conditioning my feet lately by walking out in the snow for a short amount of time every day. After a while of this MY feet should be able to do just fine in the snow for a decent amount of time with no ill effects.
 I would go barefoot all the time but I'm not exactly in a clean neighborhood so I have to worry about broken glass amongst other things.

Since I know it's not actually illegal to go into restaurants free pawed I've been thinking of doing that lately and seeing what the staff says when I quote proof that it's not against any laws.

SO how many free paws are there out there on furtopia. if if there are some tell us some of your free paw stories.

Also do any of you walk digigrade instead of the normal human walk, I've been walking that way for about a month now. Earlier i think it was a little tough on my ankles but now they've adjusted, and they don't heart any more. I'm also walking that way for training to be able to use my digigrade shoes better.

Now when I walk stand normally I feel like I'm being lazy or something.

P.S. 1000th post :D

Relaxing Dragon:
Normally, I'm the kind who likes having socks on my feet. Keeps them nice and cozy, and they feel really comfortable. Sometimes, though, I'll go with just sandals and nothing else, usually if I'm feeling too lazy to put socks on.

When it comes to sleeping, though, I tend to alternate between socks and no socks. Sometimes it feels a lot better (and makes it easier to get to sleep) if I'm not wearing any socks.

Kivva:
Interesting. I never thought of it this way.

I have ALWAYS hated things on my feet. Even slippers.

I some times wear socks to bed because i have raynauds... awful.

So, I can't condition my fet for cold weather, but otherwise I run around barefoot.

Edward Vulpes:
Have you ever tried walking a mile on a long gravel road bare-pawed? It builds up calluses marvelously.

Yes, during the summer months I rarely, if ever, wear shoes unless shopping or on some sort of surface like a blacktop that could be hazardous to my feet (or in the lab). However, the cold affects me more than in my younger years these days, so when the ground starts to leech away heat rather than donate it, I put on the shoes with some reluctance. Otherwise, I simply end up with aching toes, and that isn't fun for anyone.

Timberwuff:
I usually can't stand going free pawed! I love having clean feet too much, it's just one thing I need to have. I love the idea of feeling sand, gravel, and warmth from my feet, but I would need them cleaned to ever feel comfortable again. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version