general furry discussion > furry greetings

New Furtopian

(1/5) > >>

Drake Blackpaw:
Waves hi to all the friendly furs out there, "hello I'm Drake".

I guess I was into furry before I new a fandom or lifestyle existed.  I grew up on books like Watership Down and the Chronicles of Narnia, and a healthy dose of cartoons with anthropromorphic characters.  

I was introduced to the erotic side of furry in my late teens when a friend of mine showed me a copy of Omaha the Cat Dancer.  I loved the comic, but still didn't realize their was a whole furry movement.  

Move up to about four years ago.  I was searching around the web and ran into a drawing by Doug Winger.  I thought to myself, there's more of this stuff like Omaha, and started searching for every piece of furry art I could find.  Several months ago I ran into the furry webcomic Jack, and now I seem to make going through the belfry list of furry comics a daily ritual.

I read about the fandom, but being fairly shy in nature, I didn't join any of the discussion groups, mucks, or newsgroups except as an occassional lurker.  My participation in furry stayed at the find more art level and reading comics until very recently.

I found myself feeling dissatisfied with my current life, and have started working with someone to help me discover new career avenues outside corporate America.  It became clear to both of us that I needed to learn how to break out of my shell and talk with people before I could move forward.  I had wanted to participate in the furry community before, but my shyness held me back. Now it seemed like a safe place to try and break out of my shyness, especially that I could do it through the adoption of an online persona, Drake.

I'm now active on Furcadia and Tapesteries as Drake Blackpaw, and can ocasionally be found on FurryMuck as Fischer (names Drake and Blackpaw already in use).  I've also become very vocal on the Furcadia and the new unoffical FurN forums.  And I'm already registered for Anthrocon in July.  It feels that I found part of myself in expressing my furryness online.

So that's how I got here.  In real life, I'm married and live in Reston Virginia, which is a suburb of DC.  I work as a project manager at an IT consulting firm.  I play guitar and sing the occasional song in the DC area band Chaotika.  I've also started doing some writing, both poetry and prose, which I have posted elsewhere under my furry persona Drake.

Jadnar:
Well, Ello there Drake! I can assure you that this place is full of freindly furs, whom are always willing to answer questions, and to give anysort of help you need.

I'm sure this place is a good place for ya to break out, and your situation shows that you don't have to be just a kid to discover Furry. ^_^ Anyone can.

I am Jadnar Daj, the local Lupequine (wolf horse hybrid). A bit of a Sci-fi nut whom likes to write, desgin (Ships and weapons), draw, webdesgin, graphic arts, and a whole slew of other things *chuckles* I am but 16 terran years old, and enjoying what I have now.

I guess we should fear any sort of stink attack anytime soon, eh? lol. Well, non of the less Welcome aboard. Nice to see a new fur in the parts. ^_^

Benjamin:
Heya, Drake. Welcome to the furtopia.org forums.

Thanks for filling us in on how you found the fandom and so on. It's often interesting to hear peoples' stories in how they got into furry. I've been part of the fandom for about 8.5 years now, but like many other furs, I was into this stuff so very long before I found this fandom.

See you around!

Benjamin

Kada-Ru:
Welcome to our little 'family', Drake. I think you may be coming out of your shyness/shell, just a little.    Great to see you here!

I too used the mucks, specifically FM, to get over being shy and getting over some other things because the computer was such a safe haven. If I didn't like the situation, I could just turn off the computer. That was that. I also learned to face things too because of that. I forced myself to always get back on-line and talk things out with the person(s) that caused me pain. Now, I don't have the need to turn off the computer.  

All in all, we are a very friendly group here and I hope you feel comfortable chatting!

Drake Blackpaw:
Thanks for the welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version