Author Topic: My "Posts" count is no longer incrementing  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
My "Posts" count is no longer incrementing
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »
The count of the number of posts that I have made to the Furtopia forums as shown underneath my avatar image has seemingly stopped incrementing.  As of the time of my writing this, it currently shows that I have posted to the Furtopia forums 417 times-- except that I have posted at least four more times since then and it is *still* showing that I have posted only 417 times.  For whatever reason my post count has stopped increasing, and I have no idea why.  I was hoping to eventually get five stars listed under my name as I have only been slowly working on that for 9-years now ( :D ), but with my post count stuck that will never happen!  Am I the only person who is having this problem, or is it more widespread?

(As a side note, if you go into my forum profile and click on "Show Posts," and then go to the last page, according to that I have made 441-posts since I have been a member here.  Now I have been a member of these forums for a *really* long time, so I may have lost some of these posts from my total count when WhiteShepherd changed the forum software that this forum ran on several years ago.  As a result, that huge discrepancy between the two post counts may not be completely related to this current issue, but still it is something to note as it could be related.)

EDIT: Of course now that I have created a thread here asking for help with this issue the forum software actually incremented my post count by one just to make me look like an idiot.  However, that still doesn't explain why my post count wasn't incrementing when I was posting things to the forum earlier...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:57:50 pm by Hoagiebot »

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
Re: My "Posts" count is no longer incrementing
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:57:59 pm »
Do you know that it says 418 now?

edit----

Your last few posts were in the games section right?

Posts in the Word Games don't count towards your total post count, so when you post there, your count will not increase.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:07:16 pm by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
Re: My "Posts" count is no longer incrementing
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:08:10 pm »
--Major Edit--

Do you know that it says 418 now?

edit----

Your last few posts were in the games section right?

Posts in the Word Games don't count towards your total post count, so when you post there, your count will not increase.

Ah ha!  That would explain it!  I had no idea that posts in the Word Games section did not add to your total posts count.  The last few posts that I made *were* in that section.  Hmm.  You learn something new every day.  Thanks for solving that mystery for me, Storm Fox.  Normally I don't stray too far away from the MLP Community sub-forum these days, so I am used to that post counter just working!   :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:15:39 pm by Hoagiebot »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male